EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

After 7 Epic crafters, I am really organized with my sytem. I am adamant about not wasting raws, vitality or time, so I try to be as efficient as possible. For more details on quests my favorite places are eq2traders, allakazam & wikia. Check the broker to see what the harvesting tools look like, and see the stickied tradeskill gear & racial traits thread.

Basic Tradeskill Timeline by Unrest.Zehl / Unrest.Katayira

When possible during TS leveling:max all harvest skillsmax swimmingAt each 10 levels pick up the Journeyman's service quest, go harvest that tier of the harvest cloak quest, and do a hungry halfling quest at the same time. Get the best harvest tools usable (if adventure level 80 use compact sumac harvest kit by woodworker which stacks with overclocked by tinkerer)90 gathering skill - Feeding Duggin quests - give 5% TS xp, 0 AAlevel 1 learning how to harvest, reward is harvest box for bank onlylevel 1 Crafting Tutorial series in your hometown crafting area, gives Artisan Tuniclevel 1 evil, Chocolate Chip Cookies of Seething Malice recipe, Neriak, Kelryne V'Ziath -481, 66, 100level 1 If I had a hammer, create lucky wolf's paw (can do in every city)level 5 Mara, A gathering obsession Part Ilevel 10 Halas crafter serieslevel 10 get your first Tradeskill Apprentice: human, othmir or coldain (hometown) http://tinyurl.com/8bfj7gtlevel 15 Mara, A gathering obsession Part IIlevel 20 1% success tinkered itemlevel 20 Journeyman Service questlevel 20 Butcherblock crafter serieslevel 20 can start doing city TS writslevel 25 Mara, A gathering obsession Part IIIlevel 30 Leaper mount: Ellerith Groundspark 332, 194, 551 Butcherblock Mountainslevel 30 get Miscalibrated Automated shears, net, pick (1 sec reduce, pick +10 mining)level 30 Tradesman Servicelevel 30 Steamfont crafter serieslevel 33 2% success tinkered itemlevel 40 Advanced Tradesman Service questlevel 40 Sootfoot series in Lavastorm, starts with Purrla in the Shrine of Thunder -145, -117, 633level 46 get Calibrated Automated shears, net, pick (1.5 sec reduce, pick +15 mining)level 50 Advanced Journeyman Taskslevel 50 Fallen Dynasty line: Mara charm item & wantia harvest baglevel 50 Mara daily group missionslevel 50 Mara weekly solo missionslevel 50 Ship Out - Moors of Ykesha (get 3 recipe books by 65)level 50 Can do Survival Accord, Grobb, & Tupta daily level 50 Termite Troubles, Part I (Moor's, TS XP & faction with Guktan Guard)level 50 Termite Troubles, Part IIlevel 50 Termite Troubles, Part IIIlevel 50 Termite Troubles, Part IVlevel 50 Zubzub's Munchies, Part I (Moor's, TS XP &  gives faction with Grobb)level 50 Zubzub's Munchies, Part IIlevel 50 Zubzub's Munchies, Part IIIlevel 50 Zubzub's Munchies, Part IVlevel 50 Firmroot Moot Meet (Moor's, TS XP & gives Survival Accord faction)level 50 Survival Concerns?level 54 Mara writs. 1st writ is 54 but I think it opened at 60 or maybe it was 20k Far Seas factionlevel 54 3% success tinkered itemlevel 60 Glider mount: Darga Fleetpaw at Vicious Breeding Grounds Tenebrous Tangle 513, -151, 240level 60 Senior Crafter Service questlevel 65 TSO faction furniture recipes, 1 book each from Survival Accord, Grobb, Tuptalevel 65 Crafter Sokokar access Questlevel 66 get Overclocked Automated shears, net, pick (2.5 sec reduce, pick +20 mining) level 70 New Lands, New Profits questlevel 70 or 72? must do New Land's New Profits 1st, work on Bath's Watch faction, will need -20k for epiclevel 75 High Risks, Higher Profits questlevel 80/400 fishing get Collapsible Fishing Pole (2.5 sec reduce, see magma fish)level 80 crafter epic quest: Sarnak Supply Stocking (need -20k Bath's watch)bath watch faction recipesriliss faction recipesdanak faction recipeslevel 80 Sentinel's Fate Crafting Timeline:http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel%...afting_Timelinebuyable, cross class: kerra cloth recipesget 40k faction craftkeepersget 40k faction kerra (if you are an Outfitter buy faction recipe)get 40k faction Hua Mein (if you are a Craftsman buy faction recipe)get 40k faction Quel'Ule (if you are a Scholar buy faction recipe)Shadows of the Betrayed - crafter signature quest (2 weeks after finishing Quel'Ule line)level 90 get your 2nd & 3rd Tradeskill Apprentices:    droag: do quest Collapsing the Capitol or just buy Deshniak's Research Prism on the broker cheap    Elder Yelna: from a quest involving the Skyshrine Underdepths raid zone, probably need to be 90+ advlevel 90 Destiny of Velious Crafting Timeline:http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_o...afting_Timelinelevel 90 The Return of a Gathering Obsessionlevel 90 Drunder series http://tinyurl.com/6u52zwhT10 New Combine Foothold series, rewards are the recipe books & cloak that lets you fly without being killed http://tinyurl.com/d5u3ybrOther gear to look for: various sol eye drops, sewing needle from Nek3 and Apron of the Artifacer from Nek3, NT quest starter for harvesting DWBs from last boss of Unrest. Buy Mara faction gear as soon as you can use it and have the faction & tokens.Optional:Brell diety - has a few harvesting and tradeskill blessings & miracleslevel 14 adventure - Crack Pot quest for Recipe for Mooshga Mush, level 15 craftsman can uselevel 24 adventure - Tree within a Tree quest for NT recipe for Golden Acorn, level 9 all classeslevel 30 adventure - Fundraiser Two: Sewing a Sampler quest, Valefolk Shawl recipe 34 tailorlevel 30 adventure - Fundraiser Three: Table for Two quest, Vale Briarwood Bookcase recipe 32 carplevel 33 adventure - Fundraiser One: Apples Away quest, Hopple's Apple Pie recipe level 37 provislevel 33 adventure - Fundraiser Four: Dagger of Doom quest, Leatherfoot Knuckles Design recipe 35 weaponsmithlevel 35 Carpenters - buy Diety Altar Crafting book on Butcherblock docks (commons)level 37 armorer - blood iron recipes from DFClevel 40 weaponsmith - wyrmsteel recipes (Classified Recipes of the Coalition)level 55 Artisan - Get Burnt recipes 1-7, Deep Forge drop, tradablelevel 60 Carpenters go get the Wantia furniture book, collection tome in Village of Shinlevel 60 Artisan - Badly burned notes on tapestry weaving recipe from Najena: Deep Forgelevel 65 Artisan - TSO Faction Furniture recipes (Grobb, Tupta, Firmroot Moot/Survival Accord)level 65 Carpenters - buy Advanced Diety Altar Crafting book on Butcherblock docks (rares)level 65 Carpenters - buy Decorative Diety Shrines book on Butcherblock docks (decorative only)level 69 (alchemist only) A bit of Fire, a bit of Ice - dust distillation recipeslevel 70 provis - Halasian Icebrew recipe from Unrestlevel 80/400 fishing - get Collapsible Fishing Pole (2.5 sec reduce, allows you to see magma fish)aITEM 849393196 334618307:[Collapsible Fishing Pole]/aEmerald Halls recipes (now buyable in Mara if you have faction)

62 adventurer if you are a tailer (mage scout zerker guardian), jeweler (any class) or armorer (any class) do Medium Pieces of Airship Plating collection for choice of 3 items with your TS class skill bonusaITEM 2035060977 507782943:Findingle's Destructive Needle/aaITEM -2118968389 2088227603ethiszi's Smithy Gloves/aaITEM 1327115018 925212104:Eye-piece of Gaz/a

*Fundraiser recipes are tradable

Advanced recipes:20s can buy from Cordelia Galeston on BB docks after doing quests30s can buy from Keralyn in Gnomeland in Steamfont after doing quests40s ?50s can buy in Maj'Dul courts, heirloom60s can purchase in KoS, including barren sky from Merchant Thryst on Whisperwind70s can buy from RoK faction camp quarter masters, also faction recipes, heirloom, 10g 36s80s can buy from faction camps in Sundered Frontier, heirloom, 15g 55s

================================EDITS:

8/25/12minor edits & revised info on harvesting cloakadded med. airship plating collection infoadded where to buy advanced recipesrevised quest list a bit, added T-10 questsadded info on tradeskill apprentices

3/4/09added Firmroot Moot Meet & Survival Concerns quests

2/16/09added Zubzub's Munchies series

2/16/09added Termite Troubles series

1/24/09added level 44 Gnomish Divining Rod

1/7/09added these to optional list:level 35 Carpenters - buy Diety Altar Crafting book on Butcherblock docks (commons) level 55 Artisan - Get Burnt recipes 1-7, Deep Forge drop, tradable level 60 Artisan - Badly burned notes on tapestry weaving recipe from Najena: Deep Forge level 65 Artisan - TSO Faction Furniture recipes (Grobb, Tupta, Firmroot Moot/Survival Accord) level 65 Carpenters - buy Advanced Diety Altar Crafting book on Butcherblock docks (rares) level 65 Carpenters - buy Decorative Diety Shrines book on Butcherblock docks (decorative only)

================================

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

Wow, and they tell me *I'm* a bit obsessed SMILEY

Added that to the FAQ sticky!

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Cele

General
Cele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,002
Default

NICE!!  I thought I had it down to a science, but you have put me to shame!

Getting ready to start a baby carpenter and will use your model to level her.

__________________
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 AM   #4
janmystique

Loremaster
janmystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 379
Default

Over Christmas, I have been planning just such a list. The main difference between your list and mine is that mine is scraps of paper that only I can see and understand and yours is typed up and shared. Thank you very much for that.

On the Mara questline, you mentioned the charm that you can get which is, I assume the one that comes from the questline that starts with the quest "Improving Relations with the Locals" followed by a class specific quest? From this of course, comes the wonderful "Wantia Artisan's Satchel" which I get for all my ts toons as soon as possible.

And just for interest, I now level almost exclusively by writs rather than pristine recipes. This means that I have enough faction at the end to buy recipe books from the Ironforge Exchange etc and I also get status for my guild. This suits my playstyle. And finally, when I started  out, I didn't do the ts tutorials but do now. They are well thought out in that you get to go and harvest and then you come back and use the stuff you gathered to craft the items.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your post.

__________________
janmystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Over Christmas, I have been planning just such a list. The main difference between your list and mine is that mine is scraps of paper

lol. I used to play consoles, I used to find downloadable text walkthroughs for some games, and before that even I already learned it was best to keep your computer very organized (mp3s & websites I used to make started me on that). I found different walkthroughs with different info so started making folders for each game.. and then EQ2 got its own when I was shown it. Even with the Prima guide in front of me, TSing was SO complicated my earliest days 4 years ago.. so I kept notes for quests, and since I do like to play alts, started noting anything I didn't find online, and I have a bunch of folders and text files with crazy organized info about everything I do in game that I may need again for myself or to help others.

On the Mara questline, you mentioned the charm that you can get which is, I assume the one that comes from the questline that starts with the quest "Improving Relations with the Locals" followed by a class specific quest?

Yep thats the one. that initial faction quest is some nice XP too for the little ones.

And just for interest, I now level almost exclusively by writs rather than pristine recipes. 

Ouch.. skipping pristines makes me hurt lol... I dont mind getting the faction at the end once the crafter is 80, and the SP is WAY more for T8 writs. I only have one near maxed of my 6, they didn't have a real need but I will slowly do it for each of them so that I get one maxed in each city to buy toys, and to help level my own little guild.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

lol. I used to play consoles, I used to find downloadable text walkthroughs for some games, and before that even I already learned it was best to keep your computer very organized (mp3s & websites I used to make started me on that). I found different walkthroughs with different info so started making folders for each game.. and then EQ2 got its own when I was shown it. Even with the Prima guide in front of me, TSing was SO complicated my earliest days 4 years ago.. so I kept notes for quests, and since I do like to play alts, started noting anything I didn't find online, and I have a bunch of folders and text files with crazy organized info about everything I do in game that I may need again for myself or to help others.

Back in the olde days we had binders full of info for EQ, lol.

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

I have a carp but I forgot about altars! In glancing over an eq2traders page it jostled my memory of that:

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...hp?article=g291

I have to check the recipe levels later, I think 30s and 60s? But you buy them from the historian on the Butcherblock docks for a few plat.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
janmystique

Loremaster
janmystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 379
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Over Christmas, I have been planning just such a list. The main difference between your list and mine is that mine is scraps of paper

lol. I used to play consoles, I used to find downloadable text walkthroughs for some games, and before that even I already learned it was best to keep your computer very organized (mp3s & websites I used to make started me on that). I found different walkthroughs with different info so started making folders for each game.. and then EQ2 got its own when I was shown it. Even with the Prima guide in front of me, TSing was SO complicated my earliest days 4 years ago.. so I kept notes for quests, and since I do like to play alts, started noting anything I didn't find online, and I have a bunch of folders and text files with crazy organized info about everything I do in game that I may need again for myself or to help others.

On the Mara questline, you mentioned the charm that you can get which is, I assume the one that comes from the questline that starts with the quest "Improving Relations with the Locals" followed by a class specific quest?

Yep thats the one. that initial faction quest is some nice XP too for the little ones.

And just for interest, I now level almost exclusively by writs rather than pristine recipes. 

Ouch.. skipping pristines makes me hurt lol... I dont mind getting the faction at the end once the crafter is 80, and the SP is WAY more for T8 writs. I only have one near maxed of my 6, they didn't have a real need but I will slowly do it for each of them so that I get one maxed in each city to buy toys, and to help level my own little guild.

Oh wow! I used to play games that needed everything written down - like text adventures! I played the Ultima SP games for years and made my own maps for those. I actually spent as much time making maps as playing! I am a great writer down of things/typer up of things so also have a lot of notes around. Maybe we should write a book and get rich quick in RL?

As for levelling by writs rather than pristine recipes, it is a bit "ouch" I admit! Of my five level 80 crafters, only one has enough faction for the special recipes so my change in approach is recent. I put on my booktape and prepare for a relaxing hour or two!

anyway, keep up the good work!
__________________
janmystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
SilkenKidden

Loremaster
SilkenKidden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Over Christmas, I have been planning just such a list. The main difference between your list and mine is that mine is scraps of paper

lol. I used to play consoles, I used to find downloadable text walkthroughs for some games, and before that even I already learned it was best to keep your computer very organized (mp3s & websites I used to make started me on that). I found different walkthroughs with different info so started making folders for each game.. and then EQ2 got its own when I was shown it. Even with the Prima guide in front of me, TSing was SO complicated my earliest days 4 years ago.. so I kept notes for quests, and since I do like to play alts, started noting anything I didn't find online, and I have a bunch of folders and text files with crazy organized info about everything I do in game that I may need again for myself or to help others.

On the Mara questline, you mentioned the charm that you can get which is, I assume the one that comes from the questline that starts with the quest "Improving Relations with the Locals" followed by a class specific quest?

Yep thats the one. that initial faction quest is some nice XP too for the little ones.

And just for interest, I now level almost exclusively by writs rather than pristine recipes. 

Ouch.. skipping pristines makes me hurt lol... I dont mind getting the faction at the end once the crafter is 80, and the SP is WAY more for T8 writs. I only have one near maxed of my 6, they didn't have a real need but I will slowly do it for each of them so that I get one maxed in each city to buy toys, and to help level my own little guild.

Oh wow! I used to play games that needed everything written down - like text adventures! I played the Ultima SP games for years and made my own maps for those. I actually spent as much time making maps as playing! I am a great writer down of things/typer up of things so also have a lot of notes around. Maybe we should write a book and get rich quick in RL?

As for levelling by writs rather than pristine recipes, it is a bit "ouch" I admit! Of my five level 80 crafters, only one has enough faction for the special recipes so my change in approach is recent. I put on my booktape and prepare for a relaxing hour or two!

anyway, keep up the good work!

LOL.  I played the first Zork game on a DEC computer at NYU in the 70s.  After school, I didn't get involved in games again until late 1989/90. I mapped Mad Maze on Prodigy. I loved text adventure games.  I see some of them in my head as least as clearly as I see EQ2 in living color now but I still have an old fashioned notebook on my desk for EQ2.  I sure would like an in game version better. 

Back to topic at hand.  I raised my armorer with writs.  It broke my heart when she reached level 80 with gallons of unused ts exp potions.  I had to raise her the very hard way just to get the Ironforge faction.  She's the only one of my characters that will ever get that faction.  I may raise a new crafter but it will be the easy way.  If they can't get what they want from adventure factions they will not get it at all.  I got all ROK faction except for 10K in Bath Watch by adventuring and I'm quite happy that option was open to us.  I can't imagine having had to choose between getting the Ironforge faction or the Bathezid faction or doing writs for nothing but faction, which is a waste.

SilkenKidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I can't imagine having had to choose between getting the Ironforge faction or the Bathezid faction or doing writs for nothing but faction, which is a waste.

My jeweler was the only one who reached 80 with a few leftover pristines, I'll have them for t9 (though I'd prefer to never have to level up again, I find zero joy in level grinding, it's only a time sink). I was out doing ROK writs as soon as my crafters were able to, that was the best TS xp possible plus like 5 more sets of 1st pristines, they had different sets of recipes based on your level and faction with them.

I got my 40K faction with the FPT TS house at the best time, I had worked on in spare time over 3 years, even did some before DoF when they were a total pita. I did the majority of faction grinding while my provis was 70 when that was the level cap. I got my 40k faction a month before AA mirrors came in, by pure coincidence, and lots of joy to me because I made some nice plat from it as well as the recipe & mirror disco for my server. I still make nice plat off mannequins, also a 40k requirement. I'm in no rush for any of my others to have 40k, as long as one can make them with one, that's fine (I have a friend who makes my mirrors for the alts on the same account as the SK).

Since my own alt guild (well.. right now it's my main guild cause I'm on a raiding burnout break so my Inq is back with the alt guild) is 30, and I'm still toying with getting my own T1 guild hall, I have thought of having all my crafters get max faction in each city of their allignment for more SP and ability to buy anything I want.

A calculation I made based on current faction given for non timed writs, you can get 2.5ish million SP for a character by the time you go from 0 to max faction with a city. I forget the exact number I came up with one day, but I was pondering which titles I want to blow my SP on for my SK & Inq, and what SP I'll have left between my characters, how long I ccould keep a T1 guild hall going if I stopped getting anymore SP that day. The suck is that when you get 50k faction, you can't do TS writs anymore, so if I were to spend all my SP for guild hall, I cannot rely on ts writs forever, my preferred SP method, unless I just create dummy TSers for the purpose of that.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
janmystique

Loremaster
janmystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 379
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

A calculation I made based on current faction given for non timed writs, you can get 2.5ish million SP for a character by the time you go from 0 to max faction with a city. I forget the exact number I came up with one day, but I was pondering which titles I want to blow my SP on for my SK & Inq, and what SP I'll have left between my characters, how long I ccould keep a T1 guild hall going if I stopped getting anymore SP that day. The suck is that when you get 50k faction, you can't do TS writs anymore, so if I were to spend all my SP for guild hall, I cannot rely on ts writs forever, my preferred SP method, unless I just create dummy TSers for the purpose of that.

Interesting. I hadn't realized that you couldn't get more writs once you had maxed out your status. I too am thinking of status for guild hall upkeep of a small guild. Well I reckon we don't have to worry for a long time with all the accumulated status we have between us but you have to look ahead! At the moment, I shall try to stick with writs to level as that does advance in two or three ways. Maybe now and then I will treat myself and do a pristine recipe!

__________________
janmystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
Finnwizz

Loremaster
Finnwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 48
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

A calculation I made based on current faction given for non timed writs, you can get 2.5ish million SP for a character by the time you go from 0 to max faction with a city. I forget the exact number I came up with one day, but I was pondering which titles I want to blow my SP on for my SK & Inq, and what SP I'll have left between my characters, how long I ccould keep a T1 guild hall going if I stopped getting anymore SP that day. The suck is that when you get 50k faction, you can't do TS writs anymore, so if I were to spend all my SP for guild hall, I cannot rely on ts writs forever, my preferred SP method, unless I just create dummy TSers for the purpose of that.

Interesting. I hadn't realized that you couldn't get more writs once you had maxed out your status. I too am thinking of status for guild hall upkeep of a small guild. Well I reckon we don't have to worry for a long time with all the accumulated status we have between us but you have to look ahead! At the moment, I shall try to stick with writs to level as that does advance in two or three ways. Maybe now and then I will treat myself and do a pristine recipe!

Well then I have Great news for both of you.  I have had Max Faction with Coalition of Tradesfolks in Neriak for a long time and the writ giver still gives me timed writs.  I just threw another level on our new guild taking it from lv 30 to 31 and they still keep giving me my status and coin.

So if the Evil Ironforge Exchange won't give you writs then all you need to do is come to the true side of light and glory in Neriak and they will be more than happy to keep giving you writs.

Hope that helps

__________________
If you are not having fun, you are not working hard enough at it.
Finnwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
Barbai

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 724
Default

wow and people call me geeky about crafting.

__________________
Barbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #14
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

Finnwizz wrote:

Well then I have Great news for both of you.  I have had Max Faction with Coalition of Tradesfolks in Neriak for a long time and the writ giver still gives me timed writs.  I just threw another level on our new guild taking it from lv 30 to 31 and they still keep giving me my status and coin.

Only timed ones? I hate doing timed ones. Not that they are hard but.. one little afk emergency and you lose everything you did. I haven't actually maxed any of mine to 50k.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #15
Cele

General
Cele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,002
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

(snipped fo space)

  The suck is that when you get 50k faction, you can't do TS writs anymore, so if I were to spend all my SP for guild hall, I cannot rely on ts writs forever, my preferred SP method, unless I just create dummy TSers for the purpose of that.

Zehl....I am confused by this statement. My main, Celena, has had 50K faction with Tunares Pages for a while now and still does TS writs. In fact, she just cranked some out a couple days ago.

edit cuz I cant type

__________________
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Cele

General
Cele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,002
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

Finnwizz wrote:

Well then I have Great news for both of you.  I have had Max Faction with Coalition of Tradesfolks in Neriak for a long time and the writ giver still gives me timed writs.  I just threw another level on our new guild taking it from lv 30 to 31 and they still keep giving me my status and coin.

Only timed ones? I hate doing timed ones. Not that they are hard but.. one little afk emergency and you lose everything you did. I haven't actually maxed any of mine to 50k.

I cam still get timed and "regular" writs for my 50K toon. I dont understand where the though that writs cannot be done once faction is maxed came from.

__________________
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

Celena wrote:

I cam still get timed and "regular" writs for my 50K toon. I dont understand where the though that writs cannot be done once faction is maxed came from.

Someone on my server who was 50k told me that was the case. This was last year, so maybe it was changed at some point.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
Eveningsong

Tester
Eveningsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,844
Default

They may be thinking of the RoK faction writs - I'm pretty sure when I maxed my Bathezid Watch it stopped offering me writs.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #19
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

Eveningsong wrote:

They may be thinking of the RoK faction writs - I'm pretty sure when I maxed my Bathezid Watch it stopped offering me writs.

Nope they definitly meant city writs, they were talking about leveling their not yet 80 guild. That I know for sure, once you get 30k with the ROK places you can't do anymore.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
Cele

General
Cele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,002
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

Celena wrote:

I cam still get timed and "regular" writs for my 50K toon. I dont understand where the though that writs cannot be done once faction is maxed came from.

Someone on my server who was 50k told me that was the case. This was last year, so maybe it was changed at some point.

Hmmm...maybe. I have played since launch and have had several toons at 50K max and dont ever remember them not being able to do writs.  I did leave for a few months a couple years ago, so maybe my memory is just foggy on the topic.

__________________
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

Eveningsong wrote:

They may be thinking of the RoK faction writs - I'm pretty sure when I maxed my Bathezid Watch it stopped offering me writs.

Nope they definitly meant city writs, they were talking about leveling their not yet 80 guild. That I know for sure, once you get 30k with the ROK places you can't do anymore.

Pretty sure you were misinformed.  I've been 50k since shortly after it became available for Qeynosians and I've always been able to to city tradeskill tasks.

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #22
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

Made a few tweaks & added shiny finder. Anyone who has copied this may want to re-copy the list.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #23
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

I made a few updates:

3/4/09added Firmroot Moot Meet & Survival Concerns quests

2/16/09added Zubzub's Munchies series

2/16/09added Termite Troubles series

When the lavastorm revamp goes live I will have more to add. Darnit another of my lists about ot get out of hand and difficult hehe.

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #24
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster
Zehl_Ice-Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ / Unrest
Posts: 1,858
Default

I made a few updates, it should be up to date now again.

8/25/12minor edits & revised info on harvesting cloakadded med. airship plating collection infoadded where to buy advanced recipesrevised quest list a bit, added T-10 questsadded info on tradeskill apprentices

__________________
Zehl of Unrest
SK DE/Provisioner/Transmuter/Tinkerer, Fashion Police Chief of Norrath & quest freak
Deyala: 1/2 Elf brig/Carp/Tinker backstabbing vixen
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
Finora

Tester
Finora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,423
Default

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

Advanced recipes:20s can buy from Cordelia Galeston on BB docks after doing quests30s can buy from Keralyn in Gnomeland in Steamfont after doing quests40s ?50s can buy in Maj'Dul courts, heirloom60s can purchase in KoS, including barren sky from Merchant Thryst on Whisperwind70s can buy from RoK faction camp quarter masters, also faction recipes, heirloom, 10g 36s80s can buy from faction camps in Sundered Frontier, heirloom, 15g 55s

I just wanted to point out that this is not the case, since you have been updating this recently.

There is no where one can purchase 60s advanced recipes other than the broker to my knowledge. I know that particular merchant definately does not sell them (standing in front of him as I type this).

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #26
Jaylah

Loremaster
Jaylah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 33
Default

Also just a quick note in case you want to be really thorough - the Gathering Obsession quests aren't all interspersed at the different levels.

Jaylah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #27
ratbast

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 365
Default

i think you might have 1 missing. personally i also use the cranial head piece at level 50. unless you have full mara armor its superior. othmir artisan armor at 90 makes mara gear obsolete. so i dont bother grinding mara faction for new toons anymore. levels 20, 33, 50, 54 for the tink items.

ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #28
ratbast

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 365
Default

Jaylah wrote:

Also just a quick note in case you want to be really thorough - the Gathering Obsession quests aren't all interspersed at the different levels.

i think you mean there is no level req to receive quest. they are crafting quests of the level listed and reward crafting exp.

the only requirement is doing them in order. MAYBE you also have to be level 2 artisan? havent checked that.

ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

ratbast wrote:

Jaylah wrote:

Also just a quick note in case you want to be really thorough - the Gathering Obsession quests aren't all interspersed at the different levels.

i think you mean there is no level req to receive quest. they are crafting quests of the level listed and reward crafting exp.

the only requirement is doing them in order. MAYBE you also have to be level 2 artisan? havent checked that.

To be offered the first quest all you have to do is use any harvesting skill.  So gather something and Qho sends you a letter.

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix
Rank: Alternate Characters of Mains

Loremaster
Trebien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 117
Default

Calthine wrote:

ratbast wrote:

Jaylah wrote:

Also just a quick note in case you want to be really thorough - the Gathering Obsession quests aren't all interspersed at the different levels.

i think you mean there is no level req to receive quest. they are crafting quests of the level listed and reward crafting exp.

the only requirement is doing them in order. MAYBE you also have to be level 2 artisan? havent checked that.

To be offered the first quest all you have to do is use any harvesting skill.  So gather something and Qho sends you a letter.

Actually, you apparently do have to be level 5, either artison or adventurer, in order to get the quest.  I've brought in 5 new baby toons since coming back about 4 months ago, and all of them have immediately harvested a node, then tried going to Qho.  Some of them get the quest immediately, but I can't remember if they were already level 5 from discos.  I had a couple that I know for sure had to be level 5, because Qho (even sent me the letter, but) wouldn't give me the quest, until I turned level 5.  I've been really big on getting the harvest quests in my journal, because I wanted to make sure that I could maximize the skillups and harvests as best I can.  Since there are so many quests that require harvesting anyway, I try to make sure that I don't have to spend more time than needed on any particular harvest tier.  Especially Nek Forest harvesting (ugh!!!).

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.