EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
Moonspark

Loremaster

Okay, I forgot to take screenshots and I'm sorry.  I forgot to keep the logs of my parse, also, I'm sorry.  Maybe next time I log onto beta I will save logs and screenshots.

Today, I got to test out beta with my warlock.  I got beta buffed up to level 60 with a bunch of friends, and given mostly all adept 1 quality post 50 spells.

Not ONLY did I have a BLAST playing my class (my netheros is a nightblood and I have 3 other attack mobs, plus the warp spell kicks [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]), but I did more damage than I could ever possibly imagine.  I didn't get to test very long, and the mobs I was fighting weren't LARGE groups, max of 3 per heroic encounter, but this is how my DPS looked.  Blue triple up heroic: around 200-300dps (very respectable seeing as the scout in my group was hitting around 200 and tank around 100.)  Blue two mob groups: 500-800 dps (holy crap that was a lot.)  Only got to kill two groups of 3 blue single up mobs, but on both of them I got in upwards of 1k dps...yes, 1000+ dps.  I could only IMAGINE if I had a group of 5 or more mobs to AE.

Seriously, warlocks are fixed.  Rejoice and all that.
Moonspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
StevaiB

The problem is that in raids, how many times are you fighting multiple mobs at one time? Yes, adds are usually groups of mobs, but in the end, it brings it down to 1 mob.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
Moonspark

Loremaster

Yea, but in raids in DoF there will be a lot of clearing to get to the mob.  In that clearing, there will be plenty of groups.  I have already been to a few of the raid zones.  Honestly, I don't think I was being extremely efficient with my single mob DPS either, I'm sure I could get it up higher. 

Game isn't just one type of mob, I don't need to shine my [Removed for Content] everytime we fight a named, if I can get us cleared to that name fast then I'm happy with doing that.

And as for groups not wanting us, tell that to my guild after seeing the DPS I was doing.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
Tanatus

Loremaster

Moonspark if you would have warlock over lvl 40 on live server you would be not exited but [Removed for Content] off...

On raid in sleep mode warlock easy brake mark 400DPS, with decent tank 500DPS... now you down to 200-300 which is about 30-50% the we use to have ....

Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
Moonspark

Loremaster

I've had a level 50 warlock on live servers since february.

I raid every single day.

I'd like to know how "in sleep mode" you easily break 400dps on single encounter epic mobs.  Seriously.  Name the mobs that you do that on that have absolutely no AE damage involved, cause I must be super [Removed for Content] on live.

On AE encounters I can see getting upwards of 600dps, but on AE encounters on beta I can see getting upwards of 1500dps under the right conditions.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
Fyzzl

Loremaster

Moonspark,

This  gives me great hope that I can still be the agro [Removed for Content] I am today!

Fyzzl
50 Warlock
Charter member of Over-Nukers Annon 
Fyzzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #7
Panad

General

Sure, overall we may be better than we feared, but don't tell us "warlocks are fixed" Nether Region - broken Dark Infestation - up and down, one day it's useless because of low damage, the other day it's fixed e, then it gets nerfed again etc. Invis - afaik still broken, on all classes Seal line - bugged? no clue, didn't notice any difference when using it and the devs didn't tell us what exactly this spell is actually supposed to do Lots of spells got fixed, I'm only 50 on beta myself but Kabalus posted pics of the fixed Null Distortion, Soul Blister etc. Looks that they're finally fixed, hope they'll stay this way and not get nerfed again.  
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #8
Geoff

General

Moonspark wrote:

I'd like to know how "in sleep mode" you easily break 400dps on single encounter epic mobs.  Seriously.  Name the mobs that you do that on that have absolutely no AE damage involved, cause I must be super [Removed for Content] on live.

easy, he starts the parser with 1% health left, hits with top DD, combat over...otherwise, it is mathematically impossible
Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 AM   #9
Crono1321

Loremaster

Yeah I was going to ask that too...rare is the day I break 300dps on a raid mob. 
Old 09-09-2005, 03:44 AM   #10
StevaiB

Zek and Antonica are extremely easy to break 300DPS. Most of the time in Antonica, I'm right at, or above 500DPS.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:15 AM   #11
Moonspark

Loremaster

I said single target mobs, you gave me two AE raids.  Zek is easy to do 500+dps, so is antonica.  After beta, you will be doing double or maybe even triple that dps on those two raids.

Tell me a raid where there is absolutely *no* AE damage where you're doing over 300 dps "in your sleep"

Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #12
jaythedogg

Loremaster

Baccus101 wrote:
Moonspark,

This  gives me great hope that I can still be the agro [Removed for Content] I am today!

Fyzzl
50 Warlock
Charter member of Over-Nukers Annon 

:smileyvery-happy:    :smileyvery-happy:    :smileyvery-happy:    :smileyvery-happy:    :smileyvery-happy: HA HA!

Message Edited by jaythedogg on 09-09-2005 05:37 AM

i liek milk
jaythedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #13
StevaiB

Moonspark wrote:

I said single target mobs, you gave me two AE raids.  Zek is easy to do 500+dps, so is antonica.  After beta, you will be doing double or maybe even triple that dps on those two raids.

Tell me a raid where there is absolutely *no* AE damage where you're doing over 300 dps "in your sleep"

Didn't say you could, also didn't see you say single target.

P.S. Calm down there tough guy, I didnt say anything about doing 300 dps in my sleep.

Message Edited by StevaiB77 on 09-10-2005 01:07 PM

Old 09-11-2005, 02:06 AM   #14
FraserSean

Loremaster

The problem is people that post without reading the whole thread.  StevailB77

Moonspark said his ae damage was 1k on multiple targets and he could still hit 200-300dps single target.

tanatus Wrote

""Moonspark if you would have warlock over lvl 40 on live server you would be not exited but [Removed for Content] off...

On raid in sleep mode warlock easy brake mark 400DPS, with decent tank 500DPS... now you down to 200-300 which is about 30-50% the we use to have ...."

So he asked in a polite way what crack tanatus was smoking that he thinks he can break 300dps on single target raids in his sleep let alone 400+

This is where you jump the gun and point out you can hit 300+dps on zek and antonica ( ie. not single target raid zones )

Piece of advice read what people are talking about before posting.

FraserSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
pharacyde

Loremaster

nice to hear moonspark

Old 09-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #16
Crono1321

Loremaster

CL reading skills FTW!  WOOOO CL!
Old 09-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #17
Moonspark

Loremaster

Update with new revamp:

I had a dev stun a epicx2 encounter for me with roughly 6 mobs in it last night.  I went all out with my AEs and for the first 30 seconds or so I was sitting about 2k dps, then by the end of the fight (probably took me a minute or less to take the whole encounter down) I was right around 1.3kdps because of certain mobs dying and my AEs doing less overall damage.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #18
MilkToa

General

Moonspark wrote:
Update with new revamp:

I had a dev stun a epicx2 encounter for me with roughly 6 mobs in it last night.  I went all out with my AEs and for the first 30 seconds or so I was sitting about 2k dps, then by the end of the fight (probably took me a minute or less to take the whole encounter down) I was right around 1.3kdps because of certain mobs dying and my AEs doing less overall damage.

That's great, but what's the point, does each copy of DoF come with a developer to perma-stun mobs?

MilkToa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #19
Moonspark

Loremaster

What's the point?  The point was to test my sustained DPS on mobs that would last longer then one round of AEs.  The point was to see what kind of DPS we can dish out and KEEP dishing out on a raid when there is someone tanking.  I didn't have a raid, but I had something that would keep the mobs off me long enough to do a test.

Sorry if you can't see the bigger picture and just look at small details.  Think before you speak buddy, this was a test of sustained dps.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #20
MilkToa

General

Moonspark wrote:

What's the point?  The point was to test my sustained DPS on mobs that would last longer then one round of AEs.  The point was to see what kind of DPS we can dish out and KEEP dishing out on a raid when there is someone tanking.  I didn't have a raid, but I had something that would keep the mobs off me long enough to do a test.

Sorry if you can't see the bigger picture and just look at small details.  Think before you speak buddy, this was a test of sustained dps.

I can see the big picture, which is under normal circumstances frequent or sustained use of AOE spells will get you killed and when you're dead you're DPS is zero. Some artifical test that has no real world equivalent is meaningless.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:43 AM   #21
Moonspark

Loremaster

Real world equivalent? How about this scenario? I'm in a raid.  I have a tank.  Tank isn't [Removed for Content] like the tanks you know.  Tank taunts mobs.  I nuke mobs.

There's your real life scenario.

Quit your [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]in.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:39 AM   #22
Kuva

MilkToast wrote:

under normal circumstances frequent or sustained use of AOE spells will get you killed

You've never grouped with a raid MT guardian, I assume. 8 or 10 pieces of fabled equipment and mostly master taunts can make quite a difference. In most hardcore raid guilds, the dps guys just go flat out all the time, unless the MT goes oop.
Kuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:25 AM   #23
Nerga

LOL!!!

Well our MT's are FULLY fabled and have masters....NO..they cant handle me going all out on AOE"s.
We dont parse all the time but I reached 480DPS without getting agro at the Zek raid.
It had nothing to do with the tank really just me being really good with the timing there,I think its my best number in that raid.
Its very hard to hit your max agroless DPS .....VERY risky too...ESPECIALY with the new debt system...until Im 60 I aint going all out in raids anymore.
Im still 100000% sure that going all out on AOE's will kill me in one chain of AOE's.And some testers noted exacly that.(the one who posted all the masters and fables screenshots).
Nerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:44 AM   #24
TheBladesCaress

Loremaster

You can go higher than that on Zek.  Get a Paladin in the Warlock's group..
TheBladesCaress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #25
Moonspark

Loremaster

ROFL!!!

I'm not going back for the exact number, but 480 on zek raid? I do that on every single fight.  Highest personal on zek for me has been six hundred and some change.  I go COMPLETELY all out on zek and antonica and the only time I get aggro is when our secondary tank is tanking because our main tank isn't raiding.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:23 AM   #26
Nerga

I doubt I can stratch that number alot more without getting agro.
600 doesnt sound realistic.
On a single fight you wont get that number unless you are fully matered.
A friend of mine is probably the highest DPS warlock worldwide.
We once parsed Undertow fight and he did like 18k dmg.He didnt have the DPS number but it was in a very short time.
BUT he have EVERYTHING master1.

And he can steal agero from anyone anytime,single or multi targets.
At Zek I guess 550 is the top or so without agro.
You guys forget that I DONT want to get agro...../sigh
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #27
Moonspark

Loremaster

Alright I officially call BS

Highest damage warlock worldwide and he only does 550 on zek? Guess I must be highest worldwide DPS then, too.  Only master I have for AE is devastation, everything else is adept 3, and I'm occassionally doing more than 550 dps in zek.  I'd say I average around 450 on zek.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #28
Nerga

Plza read before you reply next time.
I said that we never parsed his DPS on aoe and that 550DPS is my estimate of the max you can go without agro.

He can easily reach 800-1000DPS on multiplie taragets (my guess).

Once again you miss the problem,having great UNSUABLE DPS is worthless.A dead warlock DPS is ZERO.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #29
MilkToa

General

Kuvala wrote:

MilkToast wrote:

under normal circumstances frequent or sustained use of AOE spells will get you killed

You've never grouped with a raid MT guardian, I assume. 8 or 10 pieces of fabled equipment and mostly master taunts can make quite a difference. In most hardcore raid guilds, the dps guys just go flat out all the time, unless the MT goes oop.

I raid all the time. It's a real shame you guys come in here talking smack about how you just nuke full bore all the time and never get aggro on raids. I hope there's no one reading these forums that's naive enough to believe you.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #30
Moonspark

Loremaster

Nerg, your "guesses" are completely meaningless.  How can you just randomly guess how much DPS someone can do or the maximum DPS someone can do on a raid? You can't.

Most raids I *can't* go all out, there are two that I know of that I can go as close to all out as possible.  So guess all you want.  I guess that my "friend" that has all master 5's and is dressed in all mythical items can do 50kdps on gnolls in antonica.  He outdamages everyone in the world.