EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2005, 05:35 AM   #1
Jordann

Loremaster

Is NETHEROS really so ineffective that no one upgrades it? I am 45th and hold one ruby. It seems like it could be a great spell, are the numbers just not up to par? Does it not hold agro like a true pet would?

Anyone out there have an opinion?
Jordann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #2
Jordann

Loremaster

Sorry. this wasnt supposed to be a new thread, just a reply to one asking about which spells to make Adept 1 with Rubies. SMILEY

Jordann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
Sepp

Loremaster

Netheros Adept III does 30-50dps while up.  Unfortunatly he's only up for 30 seconds, requires a crystal and roots you.  In comparison to the other class temporary pets our is pretty sad.  Wizards lasts longer and is a faster recast, enchanters I've never seen run out until the mob is dead, the same with SK.  My wolf (Adept III is a dark wolf) seems to be a bit stronger than theres but lasts such little time it doesn't mater.  Its a fun spell to have if you're floating in rubies.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Mastire

Loremaster

Anyone know how much damaeg teh Master 1 does? I bought it for 2pp seemed like a decent price.
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #5
Ranvi

General

Master 1 Netheros is a spell to own just for the looks itself. It summons Lord Netheros which is a Dark colored Nightblood...even dps-wise it is a good spell...he hits for 170 a pop...a very nice little dot. And it looks totally radical when next to you there are these crappy fishes and golems that the conjurers are summoning (or dogs and *$%#&! that necros do).

VERY GOOD spell...worth owning. Oh and Adept 3 which I used to have before master 1 summons a Grater Netheros...looks like a big black wolf thingy...hits for about 150 ish.

Ranvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
Manari

> Is NETHEROS really so ineffective that no one upgrades it? I am 45th and hold one ruby. It seems like it could be a great spell, are the numbers just not up to par? Does it not hold agro like a true pet would? It's best to think of Netheros as a DoT spell and not as a pet. As far as DoT's go it is a very nice spell. 30 second duration, fairly large amount of ticks per use. Very nice damage per tick. If it's reuse timer wasn't so long I would use it every battle. The fact that it roots you shouldn't be a problem (if you don't take aggro).
On the Befallen Server.
Manari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
SilentSam

Loremaster

Ranvier wrote:

Master 1 Netheros is a spell to own just for the looks itself. It summons Lord Netheros which is a Dark colored Nightblood...even dps-wise it is a good spell...he hits for 170 a pop...a very nice little dot. And it looks totally radical when next to you there are these crappy fishes and golems that the conjurers are summoning (or dogs and *$%#&! that necros do).

VERY GOOD spell...worth owning. Oh and Adept 3 which I used to have before master 1 summons a Grater Netheros...looks like a big black wolf thingy...hits for about 150 ish.

NICE!  I had no idea that the different levels produced different pets!  I'll have to keep an eye out for that master.

from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:23 AM   #8
StevaiB

Does anyone know the form it assumes and the damage at Adept 1?
Old 04-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #9
Alfred75

Loremaster

Probably some wolf form at Adept 1. At Master 1, it does about 170 damage at level 48 with a mini nightblood pet (1 arrow down). It does not aggro or taunt mobs off you. It misses more than half the time. Its attacks are poison "a netheros lord tries to poison xxx mob but misses". It lasts for an incredibly short time for its cons i.e. rooting warlock and costing a nil crystal. All in all, its more a fun spell than a useful one, unless its improved i.e duration or hit percentage or damage or taunt.

Message Edited by Alfred75 on 04-13-2005 02:37 AM

Alfred75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:48 AM   #10
StevaiB

Well, I did end up getting the adept 1 from a guildie, and it doesn't do the wolf form, it seems like a more "polished" glob, which the Apprentice one looks like in my mind. I just harvested a rough ruby, and I was thinking of getting it Adept 3 for fun, but I thought Adept 3 was a like lesser Nightblood, not a wolf. Think I'll upgrade Chaotic Maelstrom instead then.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:13 PM   #11
Avarimar

I want the Master I just for the cool factor, I wouldn't care if it did no damage and just stomped around looking angry heh.
Avarimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #12
Talonm

I only have the Adept 1 looking Life Leech version but it never seems to do anything.  I'm unable to get it to attack, it just sits there.  Anyone have a trick for this?  Is it like Enchanter pets in EQ1 where you had to get hit first for the pet to attack?  Thanks.

Draegas Tvar

L48 Half Elf Warlock

Guk

Talonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #13
Manari

>I only have the Adept 1 looking Life Leech version but it never seems to do anything.  I'm unable to get it to attack, it just sits there. Here are a couple of things you can test out with netheros before doing a /bug:
  • Have one of your chat windows display all melee damage. Netheros should show up as doing damage.
  • Stand back from the mob about 20 virtual feet before casting. Netheros should spawn near you then run over to the mob and begin attacking it.
On the Befallen Server.
Manari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:24 AM   #14
Victicu

Netheros... the best worthless spell ever!
Old 04-22-2005, 03:25 AM   #15
Mastire

Loremaster

The Master 1 was  Doing about 1200-1800 at levle 48 in the 36 seconds he is up agenst a  level 44 Solo mob
Mastire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #16
Avarimar

He looks ok I guess, I thought it would be a dark blue coloured nightblood with the title Lord Netheros. Oh well...
Avarimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #17
fed

wow, if the netheros master 1 is really that cool looking I'd just want it for looks alone =)
Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 PM   #18
SilentSam

Loremaster

Avarimarth wrote:
I want the Master I just for the cool factor, I wouldn't care if it did no damage and just stomped around looking angry heh.

My sentiments exactly SMILEY    If it does damage then thats a bonus in my mind.  I'd love a pet Nightblood!
from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #19
[C4 Squad]Bum Bum Ba

General

OMG I can't wait to get enough money to buy one! Need more lvls...and quickly!:smileysurprised:
Old 05-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #20
Banshye

Loremaster

I have a Netheros master and when parsed, it was hitting in the neighborhood of 3k over a 45 second duration.  I get so many comments about my Netheros pet - most warlocks apparently don't use them at all.

Banshye
70 Wizard, Najena

May the parse be with you...
Banshye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #21
Araxes

Loremaster

I have an M1 Netherlord and I use it all the time on heroic ^^^ yellow-con single-target encounters.  The Netheros and Netherlord (T7 upgrade) pets are very cool to look see in action - and we have the advantage of being the ONLY class that summons a big badass demon SMILEY as a battlepet.  They also kick out a fair bit of damage - and I'm not sure but I think Netherlord also debuffs.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #22
hoosierdaddy

Loremaster

...and it inflicts crushing damage. At M1, Netherlord can keep your dps respectable on poison/disease resistant mobs.

-Kai

"The human race is the most stupid and unfair kind of race. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water. Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side. It's not surprising a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk and shout abuse. What the human race needs is a lot more streakers." -- Banksy
hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote