EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #121
Errrorr

Why would you not want 150 odd haste anyway?

Turn on spell auto, enjoy the rewards of free dps/procs.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:52 PM   #122
Jokirr

Jokirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #123
Anunnaki

If they do something like this, just make sure the pet gets it too.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:34 PM   #124
Jarek

this
Old 11-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #125
Azhurial

I'd actually like to get away from setting a static number on buffs, as much as we don't want to think about it, +25% final ability damage will at some point in the future not even seem worth casting anymore. A more long term solution would involve something like a base increase on a non hard cappable stat like pot, or even a stat like abil mod that has a cap, but its always growing.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:23 AM   #126
Gnomad_Madgon

Enchanters have a base melee of 1.0, and a base ranged of 1.0. melee can be modified to 1.3 through the Quickening AA. Summoners and sorcerers ranged auto attack was doubled bringing it from 1.0 to 2.0 shortly after ToV launched. It is easy to come to this conclusion check the character window, stats, auto attack, ranged weapon, damage. You can compare those numbers from an enchanter vs a summoner or sorcerer with comparable stats and weapons with identical ratings, it is indeed double. Bottom line, raising enchanter auto attack damage to be in line with the other classes is not going to make them OP or give them an unfair advantage. It is just going to make gear count as much for them as it does for other classes.

Gnomad ~ Maj'dul
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #127
emufrombeyond

I still see the need for conjuror's to have some sort of dehate or xfer considering most every other dps of the same type has one, just give us the neg hate on the scout pets and that would be fine. As things stand w/o a troub or a plink get ready to rip. I say this looking at all the beastlords asking for the same exact thing in the scout forums and having died ripping while arcane bewilderment right back to my pet half the time and the shadowstep pots that are supposed to detaunt not doing jack.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #128
Celrath

I would like ET to be a flat out positional change as opposed to a set amount of dehate. If ET could be a 2 positional dehate ability that would go a long way for us in terms of helping to manage hate.
Celrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #129
Jokirr

Yeah my mistake I mixed up mechanics, I was thinking of the crit bonus base line Tongue
Old 11-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #130
Anunnaki

I don't think a 2 positional AE that is only up every 75 seconds is sufficient to manage hate. I think they should attach a transfer to flameshield (much like the AA on left side prestige, make that something else, not like anyone really specs that way anyways.)
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:57 AM   #131
Aukoor

I rarely if ever comment on these boards because I'd rather be playing the game with my 'lock and the joys that have come with it. However, after some beta raid testing it has become quite apparent that the warlock class is fast becoming more trouble than it's worth to play due to the CB cap, FC major scalability issues, and all the gear issues coming into play with both the CB cap and FC changes.

After analyzing the results from beta, Mogrim is correct in his assessment of warlock linear and scalability issues. It is not a pretty picture. I truly hope the devs will intelligently deal with this class issue thoughtfully and logically. Painting with such broad strokes given the drastic changes and the negative effect to so many classes is taking the joy out of playing the warlock class and this game in general. Change FC if you must, but please remove the CB cap so the rest of T1 dps classes can naturally progress with their class and have a chance at keeping up with the beastlords who are astronomically through the roof with their dps (both single target and AOE). Thank you.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #132
lumi

So....

[IMG] [IMG]

What I want to know is .. How is this gonna work for Coercers ??
From what I see Practically everyone (Including Illuisionists) in the raid will benefit , but Coercers wont see any benefit at all.

So Unless you Dev guys give Coercers their own final damage ability or just change the dirge/troub final damage ability to effect both CA's and Spells then I see no hope for Coercers.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #133
emufrombeyond

I think this is the best solution but requires left side prestige be redone, and tbh that needs to be redone as it is by far the crappiest dps prestige line out of all classes. Not one thing on it is remotely good on it. I'd also like to see scaling on elemental unity and the actual numbers it puts out in tool tip. If at all possible a rework on tox would be just great, either better cd or just harder hitting or even better, make it a straight nuke for conj and a DoT for necros.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:13 PM   #134
Ssiril

Is this intended?

[IMG]

That's damage measured in the billions. Using it off 400+ million point Beastlord primals.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:02 AM   #135
Caith

Developer

There is a bug with how scripted damage events are interacting with negative damage reductions, it's the same reason some item effects are hitting much higher then normal, should be fixed shortly.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:15 AM   #136
kluxor

as in the weapon procs that are doing insane damage or something specific to the beastlord?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #137
Wuhh

Just out of curiosity, how broken are wizards in the new xpac?

I have noted t2 support (chanters) doing more DPS that high end equipped wizards with ease...

Is this a bug or is this nerf by design?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #138
Marq

Think he means that specific mobs stoneskinning (cause it applies as a -% to damage taken to immune the mobs) and that causing the damage numbers to break and go nuts. That would happen with any class that can hit high enough (so bl/assy atleast, prolly sorcs)

Similar 'overflow' bugs have been around now and then, AoM start there was a point where it would negative your stats if you went over a certain amount.

That weapon proc thing you meationed is the same that was affecting hemo, Finisher effects stacking and applying thet bonus potency as final damage on the procs (hemo they fixed it on, but it seems to affect the new weapong procs too).
Marq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:56 PM   #139
Marq

Currently chanters are as good as their Mimic target, timed well they can parse pretty high, esp on short fights.

Its more like an ability that scales up by how good spike dps you have to mimic, same idea you could use with saying you can parse 100mil and 50mil of it might be a high VC cause your bard is good. Doesnt mean you are really doing all the damage then either. It does make the parse comparisons look wonky at times.
Marq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #140
Aukoor

That helps explain some things. Thanks for the post.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #141
Wuhh

Being that I am the mimicry target, and i was being beaten by at least 20% on pretty much every long duration fight then there is something clearly wrong with the balance of wizards currently.

I am not the only one to notice this so it sounds like something is broken that needs to be looked at asap.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #142
Wuhh

It is also worth noting that my DPS on beta has degraded significantly even on fights i should be excelling at.

I was doing less than half of what the scouts were doing in the same fights and in 30-40% behind other t11.5 mages also indicates something is broken. Also, equipment is comparable minus a few minor items.

Other wizards in my guild are also seeing this level of degraded performance.

In the AOM expansion my DPS is better than everyone that is now beating me by a significant %. My play style hasn't changed overnight so something else has.

I need to know if this is a bug or intentional?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:39 AM   #143
azcn2503

I would prefer more power regen over more DPS for Illusionist.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:09 AM   #144
Jsnappy

It's called Manasoul
Old 11-14-2015, 02:11 AM   #145
Jsnappy

Good Wizards still topping raid parses in Beta check your gear, drop all purple malice, and take advantage of a few thousands infusors from the beta buffer and see if your parse still lacking.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #146
Wuhh

Did all that and that is why I am saying there is something wrong with wizards, or otherwise I am poor at playing my class...

Edit: is your main a wiz? if not. then are you really in a position to comment
Old 11-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #147
Jsnappy

No I'm an Illusionist. Wizards that normally double my parse are still doubling my DPS and are still top 3 on the parse in beta raids. However, in beta PUGs/Heroics I have out parsed some wizards by 5-10X DPS cause they sucked just like I do in AoM. Nothing special.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #148
azcn2503

That's a shared ability that Coercers also have access to. Illusionists have to work ten times harder to be 10% as good as a Coercer who only needs to press one button to keep his group topped up.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:54 PM   #149
Jokirr

Cause that isn't your job, you suppress the rate of mana usage, while coercers don't and simply refill it. It's been this way since PoW, heck even a little longer than that, but if you're trying to feed power you just won't match their output.

Bonus tip: Tell your group to spam Sprint when you cast Savante, that'll top them off nicely.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #150
DoomDrake

I got an idea for FC adjustment which I am sure already way to late but may be worth to consider. Please - instead of converting portion of FC to potency - convert it to spell flurry attack (triple cast will do just fine) and convert at some ration all CB over hard cap into spell casting flurry