EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

Please provide any feedback or bugs for level 11 to 15 Elementalist abilities here. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing bugs with functionality, including NPC target if reporting an issue with a hostile ability, and targets name/class if reporting an issue with beneficial abilities.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:30 PM   #2
Pioneer

https://gyazo.com/420e0121d6b06f1ee98a2796c50fc1dc
if I understand those numbers correctly - i'll see only ONE trigger of this spell at one time for 2.6 sec? coz only once every 30sec for 2.6... am i right? it looks like strange if yes
Old 10-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Caith

Developer

It looks a bit odd with how the throttle is displayed, I'll see if we can fix that. The duration and the double cast amount increase as you increase the tier of the spell.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
Lucus

frost pyre seems like an inferior version of elemental channeling, i don't think it would be all that bad if the restriction on it only affecting natural elemental abilities was changed to affect abilities that are changed into elemental the by the stance.

i get the idea that you want to tune specific ascensions to be better to specific archetypes, but we've already got elemental channeling as a buff that only really works well on archetypes with a decent amount of elemental abilities.

they feel too similar. it's a group buff i think it'd make more sense if it affected any profession ability modified to elemental damage for the group rather then being highly specific to profession elemental ability.

as a swashie i have one natural elemental ability, so both those abilities mentioned don't help much personally.

i do like the phoenix rising buff that i can cast on an ally, that is a nice one for sure, well done.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 AM   #5
Nucleaar

Incineration..

Spell icon is Red in color (Assuming it is intended to be single target)
No range included on the tooltip
Upon casting, I get No Targets in Range. Casted at normal Ascension range (35m), 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 0. Same result.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #6
Arieva

While I know you are looking specifically for 11-15 feedback I'd like to make one small plea for the dev in charge of ascension abilities to restore the usability of ascension abilities once the epic 2.0 jewelry bonuses are lost by changing out those pieces. Elementalists suffer terribly from this with Bulwark of Rime and Thermal depletion being basically useless as far as abilities without the jewelry bonuses. With the level 11 ability being extremely situational based on class..we could use a little love. I know every class besides etherealist right now could use a little love too so I'm not trying to say we are the only ones. I'm a little tired though of 90% of my guild jumping on the etherealist bandwagon so as an elementalist this is one thing that needs to happen to bring viability back to several of our existing ascensions.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Earar

especially if u researched spells like bulwark for the reflect .. but will lose it anyway now.

will be a waste.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #8
Monstuhr

I think the two abilities - Elemental Channeling and Frost Pyre - need to be re-worked. Only providing a bonus to spells that are naturally elemental significantly limit the use of this ability to the majority of classes. By example, my main is a defiler. I became an elementalist for the debuff components in KA (Brittle Armor/Glacial Freeze). Now two of the five new abilities provide absolutely no benefit.

On an aside, and this is more of a general ascension idea, but what I think would be cool for the ascension abilities and a way to increase the number of different ascension classes in the raid/group (as opposed to only elementalists/etherealists) is to provide one group buff to each of the four ascension classes. The group buff grows in power for each different ascension class group buff that is in a specific group.

So by example say the elemental buff gives a proc to the group that reduces the mobs combat mitigation. The etherealist gives a fervor buff to the group. When both players are in the group together, the values of each of their buffs increase. Ultimately, the maximum value for each of the group buffs is strongest if you have all four ascension classes in the group
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #9
Vencido

I'm sure that's on purpose, so you can't just keep toggling it on and off whenever you need the extra heals.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #10
Monstuhr

Pact of the Tyrant

It also falls off whenever you zone. It appears to be recastable immediately after zoning but still needs to be recast.
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #11
Kari

I have the same feedback. I spent station cash to upgrade some of my elementalist spells because my raid force needed me for the Glacial Freeze rotation. It is a slap in the face to find out that the class is now designed to only go with classes that cast elemental spells. It makes me hesitate to spend any more station cash on anything, as it may be taken away from me after I have paid.
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #12
Chillispike

Pact of the Tyrant
it lasts until cancelled but has ~6min recast .. after death you have to wait 6mins to recast it again.
Looks a bit akward specially when you cancel it by misstake, may make the recast faster.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #13
wiouxev2

Yeah, I would like to +1 the feedback re: epic item bonuses for ascension skills.

This goes for all Ascensions -- many of the bonuses to ascension skills currently in-game have made themselves at home as critical mechanics. Perhaps a win-win scenario could be adding an extra spell for every Ascension class that's an "Until Canceled" buff that adds those bonuses, or maybe even upgraded versions of what we're already used to.

Many of them wouldn't be a huge bummer to lose, but some benefits are so crucial (Tank epic range item for bulwark reflect comes to mind) that many of us will likely stick with our epic range item for the rest of the expac, begrudgingly)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #14
Jazzalyn

Ditto! I play an SK and the level 11 ability does nothing for me =(
Old 10-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #15
Nero

Its actually the charm that gives you the reflect. which I am still begging for one of the devs to please make available in the form of an orange rune... So very many tanks have paid to research the elementalist ascension spells, and are not being forced to go back to Geo. Please please please reconsider this.

As feedback this is what I am really hoping to see:

1. Bulwark of Rime reflect component be added as an orange rune.
2. Lvl 11 on spells to affect all professional spells, or just something else that can be used by a class that is not a conjy or wizard.
3. OR just change all of our tank combat arts to do heat or cold damage Tongue
Old 10-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #16
wiouxev2

Ah yep, I get those mixed up. It's the charm.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #17
Nero

I guess some more feedback on Ascensions in general:

If you are going to force Elementalists and Geomancers to only be usable by certain classes, please do the same for thaumy's and Etherealists. I see that Etherealists got:
Lvl 11: A decent damage proc
Lvl 12: Unrestricted (irregardless of natural damage type) fervor and ADC (why not make this magic only to make it fair?)
Lvl 13: A maintained 4% reset on a damage ability
Lvl 14: Another Direct damage ability and a 100% Levinbolt reset, so basically 2 large direct damage abilities in 1 here
Lvl 15: A support/utility type of buff, that i am going to guess not many will ever click.

Elementalists got:
Lvl 11: increase in fervor to abilities that naturally do Elem damage. OK, so as a monk, this affects 3 abilities, each of which do less than 1% of outgoing damage. So I'll probably not be using this.
Lvl 12: Incineration: Good nice long DoT. I love it like i love Scorched Earth, except classes with single large nukes get all of the damage up front, which makes a huge deal as they sit there waiting for a Fervor proc, and then get 2-3 huge Ascension off (Ethershadow Assassin, and Cascading Force) . So please, either reduce the duration of this down to like 8 seconds, or make the fervor proc from the orange rune last long enough to where it can affect all of the ticks rather than just the first 1 or 2.
Lvl 13: Again fervor to professional abilities that do elemental damage.... great @[email protected] yes i see its for the whole group. I have no wizards of conjys in my MT group.
Lvl 14: Assuming this can be used on yourself or as a utility for the DPS in your group.... the duration seems extremely extremely short, not enough to even get 1 ascension off. i know it increases with tiers, just not enough in my opinion.
Lvl 15: This is unique.... I dont even know if its here to piss the chain healers off even further or what the point is. Why the 5 minute recast on a maintained spell? Assuming it falls off on death, its gonna be a problem in raids. Again, this is probably the last thing i would want to click in raid anyways as a MT.

Overall point: You guys continue to make Etherealists more and more OP, while making all of the other Ascension selectively restrictive to very few actual classes.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:14 AM   #18
Arieva

Pact of the Fire Tyrant is...interesting. It even disables the personal aa ward which is a real bummer. It would have been nice if it at least let that one continue to function as an AA option to sorta safeguard the elementalist if they were willing to sink the aa points into it. Without seeing what kind of damage there will be in raids/heroics I can't properly give feedback on the ability. It will either be really great..or completely un-useable. Definitely not a tank ability!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #19
Lucus

this, if they want the classes balanced they need to balance out dps abilities and utility abilities so they are comparable to other class equivalents and IF they want to make each ascension class designed to help specific classes more then all should be that way (i think all classes should be near equally useful for any profession, otherwise giving us the choice of ascension per charater was a waste of time and our money)

regarding dots nero i think they should change all ascension dots to take a snapshot of your stats when it hits and apply damage through the entire duration based on that snapshot.

Phoneix rising in temrs of the ability doublecast itself is cool but...

phoenix rising would be better for ascension dps if it was a simple applied buff for X seconds(enough time to cast at least one ascension at lower tier) etc that gave the ability doublecast straight rather then a buff that applies a proc, looking at it even at master you've got maybe one fast cast ascension off if you are the target if you happen to RNG the proc at the right moment. (phoenix rising CANNOT be cast on yourself btw it won't let you)

it mgiht be designed to only boost up regular abilities, at master the proc buff lasts 32 seconds and the proc that triggers lasts 4.8 seconds so it's probably intended as a buff to be used when you need to pump out ltos of normal dps when your ascensions are on CD

pact of the fire tyrant is pretty bad, if they are going to stick with the downside then each tier should increase not just the fervor gained but reduce the debuff to wards,

e.g journeyman (wards are 10% effective) adept (wards are 20% effective),
expert (wards are 30% effective) master (wards are 40% effective),
GM (wards are 50% effective)

meaning once you level it up the downside isn't so bad that you can actually use it in raids and can use it in hard heroic fights without it killing you with good healers. at the moment i can only see this being useful solo or in groups where the healers don't rely on wards as primary healing type.

also is there any other ascension spell that has a downside like this?, that etherealist one that reset levinbolt is good, why doesn't it have a similar vulnerably downside for the dps gain?
Old 10-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #20
Nero

That's kind of where i'm at on it as well. While i have not tested to see how it stacks with my monk Ethereal rune (group wide ward that is immune to BT), i feel like if it cancels it out, then why did I just bother grinding out the coins? I guess we just wait and see, but that would be my feedback as of right this second.

It feels like devs are trying to explicitly push the tanks out of being an elementalist. I honestly dont care one way or the other, except the damage output from a Geo is like 20% of what these other ascensions put out. Weather its due to wonky physical mitigation mob mechanics, or if they are just under powered, i dont know... but i can tell you that they just dont parse well at all.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #21
Beee

just for every non Beta-User: (link from discord)

[IMG]
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:14 PM   #22
Marranda

I am just annoyed that they put the natural elemental on 4 of these spells, I am healer, and thus lose out on using these new spells due to my class. I invested real cash to make all of my elemental spells gm. I didn't mind the investment at the time and would have done the level 11s- 15. But since they have now decided these new ones are for Natural element spells it means I wasted a few hundred dollars. And wont be doing that again. Since without notice these have became more class specific than what we were lead to believe in the beginning. I know this isn't a bug but still feel the need to let dev's know that a lot of us spent real cash before the new level 11 spells made our asc even more useless. Etherealist are better by far for dps etc.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #23
Ashwind

I couldn't agree more, I play a conjuror so at least I have two or 3 spells that it works for but its still seems a bad class for conjuror now, Channeling and Pyre don't seem to work for dumbfires or pet abilities, its almost as if they are trying to steer dps mages to go etherialist or thuma, geo is also a kick in the face now as they have 2 spells that are 100% useless for mages the same story for most as elementalist.
If you must add links to class skills from ascension then at least use a generic skill that all classes have equal appeal and use for not one that 75% of classes cant use, and if you think it will make people switch ascension class and you can milk more from the blatant cash grab of last xpac then I would guess you are very wrong, at least in my case
Old 10-30-2017, 11:47 PM   #24
Earar

see it that way :

u spent money on GM .. and u'll still have it

don't spend more money on the new ascension spells. The ones you have will stay relevant anyway
Old 10-31-2017, 01:36 AM   #25
Lucus

yup, dont fall for the trap of swapping ascensions to the favored class (etherealist) and stick to your current one, if enough people stay what they are now, maybe they'll relent and adjust the new geo and elementalist abilites so they don't require combat arts or natural elemental abilities to function..
Old 11-03-2017, 06:49 AM   #26
wiouxev2

I'd love to see one of the "less desirable" spells change to a element-specific defensive/utility ability.

Instead of having two "profession ability fervor boost" spells that don't really benefit people outside of a class or two.

Example:

Elemental
"You are one with the elements. You can focus on individual elements and command their power!"

-20% chance on attack to proc one of these effects, lasts 1min, these can only trigger once every 30s
---ice/water: instant free bulwark of rime - "You have harnessed the power of the raging depths!"
---fire: free wildfire proc - "You strike back with heat from the gods!"
---lightning: 30% ability double cast for 5sec - "You feel the power of storm quicken your abilities"
---earth: 50-200m magic ward for 30sec - "You become one with the elements"
---While this effect is active, you gain a 20% boost to resists

Please keep in mind I have not spent more than a minute or two trying to make this "balanced" its simply to show an idea I think would be cool/interesting/fun/dynamic along the "lore" of an elementalist

Or something more simple, but perhaps more universally beneficial across classes:
Elemental
24sec
-Your next (2, 3?) elementalist ascension abilities cast will double cast or last longer

Or
Elemental
10sec
-For a short time, incoming elemental damage will heal you.

Eh.. spitballing ideas is fun. Not trying to claim any of these are implementable as-is, just trying to offer examples of what could be cool, fun, or possibly more universally usable than one of the existing choices
Old 11-04-2017, 01:07 AM   #27
Imilla

Pact of the Fire Tyrant
Looks like Pact of the Fire Tyrant stays on when you switch to other ascension class.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:47 AM   #28
semisus

I hope these profession abilities are either changed into fervor buffs or makes the the ascension potency buff apply to make it this
Currently only wizards will gain any effects from these , most of conjurors attacks do not apply and pet ones doesnt work at all
The lvl 15 one is interesting , but it wont work with our ward aa spec? how about shamans? ( or other healers )
Old 11-09-2017, 01:18 AM   #29
Arieva

Pact of the fire tyrant: I was reserving judgement on this spell. As a raider I was thinking ok..maybe a group of elementalists with a channeler and druid could allow this spell to be useful. Now feedback is coming in that wothout wards you are dead..period. I see several threads on main board as well as beta boards that say channelers intercepts are not scaling anywhere near to what wards are. Therefore unless this is addressed this ascension ability is a complete and total dud. It could have been great and allowed channelers a niche role in healing a particular ascension class..this only works however if channelers are interchangeable with shaman as far as heal potential. Which imho the SHOULD be. So either rework this or balance the channeler..or both!
Old 11-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #30
Earar

but even channelers and druids rely on wards (spirit of druidism for instance) they aren't as strong as shamans but they help.
and if scaled protection doesn't work either with pact of the tyrant ... you're completly naked