EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Litlbigman

Loremaster

Has the EQ2 team ever talked of adding such a zone to the game, thus making the continent of Velious complete ?

Litlbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
retro_guy

Loremaster

I believe that is coming in the next free update. 

Large parts of Velious are still to be unlocked.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Litlbigman wrote:

Has the EQ2 team ever talked of adding such a zone to the game, thus making the continent of Velious complete ?

April 2012. Maybe?

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Litlbigman

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

April 2012

What are your sources, feldon?

Litlbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Trynt

Loremaster

It was mentioned it would be in Feb at Fan Faire, then Smokejumper casually dropped this date change in some random thread.

SmokeJumper wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Holidays ended at New Years. That excuse doesn't fly on Jan 24th.

That said, they did release communication with their plans around AoD release. We're getting a big chunk of Western Velious content around the end of Feb. An overland zone, new group and raid instances from what I remember reading. Now the fact we're a month out from that supposed release date and not a peep from Test is disconcerting, though unfortunately giving my lowered expectations from the last year not surprising.

Lol. Sorry, folks. I went on a two-week vacation starting at the beginning of January. It's nice to know I was missed.

GU 63 (the next installment of DoV) is in April, not February. You'll start hearing about it soon. The Qeynos revamp (GU 64) is after that in mid-Summer.

Trynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
feldon30

Fansite Staff

http://eq2wire.com/2011/11/10/everq...livegamer-gone/

We’re going to create more content for “Destiny of Velious” through 2013. Skyshrine, the Withered Lands, Siren’s Grotto, Cobalt Scar, the Western Wastes and more are all being worked on currently and will be released periodically during that time. Velious is a huge continent and we’re giving it the justice it deserves. Please note that there is no additional price tag for this content if you own the “Destiny of Velious” expansion; all this content will be open to you when it is released.

SmokeJumper's Twitter

DoV, Book 2, Chapter 1! (GU 63) : Withered Lands and Skyshrine. A big new overland, group instances, a contested dungeon, raids, and more!

When asked by Dellmon this question:

Skyshrine - contested or instanced; heroic or raid; or all the above???

SmokeJumper said this:

So many details to release soon, but the correct answer is "yes".

Is Withered Lands large enough to count as a "big new overland"? If so, then Western Wastes won't be April but November, or April of 2013.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote