EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Caster_III

Loremaster

Where it spawns is marked on the map.    Usually you just kill everything until you get to the spawn point, and if it's going to be up, there it is.  That zone isn't linear, however, so does anyone know what triggers the spawn dice roll?   

Caster_III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
EQ_Irving

Loremaster

Rare MOBs spawn in heroic zones when you commit to the zone. Committing is defined by establishing the 18 hour lockout timer. The timer is typically set by killing a named MOB. I believe you can also set the timer by looting from a chest.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Caster_III

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Rare MOBs spawn in heroic zones when you commit to the zone. Committing is defined by establishing the 18 hour lockout timer. The timer is typically set by killing a named MOB. I believe you can also set the timer by looting from a chest.

TY.  

That was my thought also (see above) so I guess we're on the downside of the RNG so far.  We've been killing the Named in the room where the rare is marked as spawning,  then making a quick trip around the zone with track on,  in case the mob spawns other places than the marked one.

Caster_III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Nykos

Loremaster

The rare for throne of storms spawns after you kill Wolfmaster Oor and Allectus Prime Karsgard.
Nykos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Nykos wrote:

The rare for throne of storms spawns after you kill Wolfmaster Oor and Allectus Prime Karsgard.

Our group has only gotten the TOS rare to spawn in Gunnr's room.  The zone committment is what triggers the rare and we do this by killing Allectus and 2 giants between him and the front door.  Total mobs killed = 3, but non-Ranger tracking doesn't always pick him up before you can see him.  So, you might need to clear 2 more giants as you head to Gunnr's room before you can "see" him.

Not all rare mobs are triggered by the zone timer though, some are there when the zone ID is created.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote