EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Simple question, how do I see how many character slots I have available?  I've purchased a number of extra slots, I've had extra slots gifted to me, etc.

I have several accounts, each of them has redeemed a different number of slots.

How do I see how many slots each account has available to it?

I'm finding there is a rampant bug in game related to BG ghost copies lingering around and consuming character slots, but I don't know how many slots I've paid for or redeemed that I can't currently access, cause I have no way of seeing this information.

Thx.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Anyone?

Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Juggercap

Elder

Make throwaway characters until the account is full. /shrug

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

That doesn't work due to ghost BG copies occupying character slots.  Just cause you can't make a new character is no indication if you've used all the slots you've paid for (if you ever BG on that account).

Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Juggercap

Elder

Ulrichvon wrote:

That doesn't work due to ghost BG copies occupying character slots.  Just cause you can't make a new character is no indication if you've used all the slots you've paid for (if you ever BG on that account).

That is something I'd never heard of...and don't see how it makes any sense at all. But that's another topic, so won't get you off track here. I was just trying to think of a cheap workaround.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
General_Info

Lord

i'd suggest gonig to your account and looking up your account features page all the extra slots you have should be listed on that page.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
hexalobular

Lord

Where is this account features page?

Is this under "My account" at the bottom of the Everquest 2 home page?

All I see there is

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
General_Info

Lord

goto the subscription info page on the header that says "everquest II account: active" click the details button on the far right in the same bracket

Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
hexalobular

Lord

General_Info wrote:

goto the subscription info page on the header that says "everquest II account: active" click the details button on the far right in the same bracket

That's on the SOE home page, right?

I agree that the information ought to be there, but it doesn't seem to actually be there.

All I found there was "In-Game Item: Character Slots" which I think refers to the character slot tokens I bought from the Marketplace. There isn't even any indication of how many of those I had or if I still have any left (since that list includes things that I no longer have, the starter 30 slot bag for instance.)

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

i'd suggest gonig to your account and looking up your account features page all the extra slots you have should be listed on that page.

Are you suggesting this item should be listed multiple times for each additional that has been activated on the subscription:

In-Game Item: Character Slots

Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Juggercap wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

That is something I'd never heard of...and don't see how it makes any sense at all. But that's another topic, so won't get you off track here. I was just trying to think of a cheap workaround.

Yeah, its fairly common, I know for a fact its happened on 2 of my accounts and probably more.  I also know of quite a few guild mates that have had the same thing happen to them.

If you ever go LD or disconnect while in BG/lobby there is a strong liklihood of a ghost lingering.  And since BG basically works by copying your character back and forth, it is being picked up as another character slot in use.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
General_Info

Lord

Ulrichvon wrote:

General_Info wrote:

Are you suggesting this item should be listed multiple times for each additional that has been activated on the subscription:

In-Game Item: Character Slots

If each extra slot isnt listed seperately they definitelly should be. i've never bough extra charater slots but figured it mightl ist them seperately on that page.

hexalobular wrote:

That's on the SOE home page, right?

you provided a link to it earlier.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Shruen
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Obsidian Knights

Loremaster

Each of mine were listed seperately if that helps at all.

Shruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Each of mine were listed seperately if that helps at all.

I checked, and mine are not.  It only has the line there one time on an account I know for a fact has redeemed atleast 3, I think more like 6 or 7.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix

Loremaster

My account lists multiple purchases of EQ2 In-Game Item, I know most of those are for the character slots I purchased. I purchased them through both the character select window, as well as the in-game marketplace, using the consumable item that showed in my inventory.
Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
Gravy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

My account lists multiple purchases of EQ2 In-Game Item, I know most of those are for the character slots I purchased. I purchased them through both the character select window, as well as the in-game marketplace, using the consumable item that showed in my inventory.

What about slots obtained from Legends of Norrath Loot Cards? Are those listed on the account page?

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

If you truly don't see it, you might want to ask in the Support forums.   Especially with the PvP Ghosting problems, there might be a more technical response to find out your answer than anyone here currently knows.

Just a thought?

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
decator666

Champion

I think it should say how many characters slots you have available on the character log in screen...Like 5/8 character slots so you know how many you have left.  It's insane to have to create dummy characters to figure out where you are.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
decator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Yeah, that's silly.  It didn't matter when there were only two account levels and two possibilities, but it needs to be tallied somewhere.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Arielle Nightshade wrote:

If you truly don't see it, you might want to ask in the Support forums.   Especially with the PvP Ghosting problems, there might be a more technical response to find out your answer than anyone here currently knows.

Just a thought?

I've tried, those guys are clueless.

In short, once you've encountered the issue that you know you don't have enough slots you open a petition and eventually after re-opening it enough times you get someone that opens the ticket and understands the ghost issue and deletes the ghost copies.  1 in 5 times, I've seen that person then delete your live toon instead of one of the copies and you lose whatever you've gained since the copy was made.

But the BG ghosts are a seperate issue, but I'd just like to identify if I'm able to see all my character slots or not, and if I have access to them all.

It seems like a simple thing that should be displayed clearly either in your account details or in the login screen itself.