EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 AM   #61
Kela

Master

Its on the schedule as "late night gaming" though I only see it once this time, odd the last two years it was every night.

Also generally there isn't a line to talk to them when they are hanging out at the Displays in the Leagonds Lounge or whatever they are calling it this year.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #62
Raevin

The Quiet Type

So, I still haven't gotten the email about our passes being mailed.  Starting to get a little concerned.

Raevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #63
Kela

Master

Ashlenne posted a responce in the "Fan Faire 2010 Platinum Pass holder Update" thread where she originally anounced the update. Long and short is, it is to late no for you to ask them to hold your original pass, so if you don't get it in the mail in time you can get a replacment pass, not sure if you have to go though the normal reg lin or not, but it won't be pre-printed with your name on it, instead your name will be printed on a sticker attacked to the pass.

accuall thread here.

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat..._id=11500017528

Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #64
Tanilya

The Quiet Type

I haven't received the emails for myself, my boyfriend or my son yet either.  I don't mind waiting for the passes in the mail.  I'm just mostly concerned because our accounts show that the platinum pass is purchased for them but no email from SOE yet.

Tanilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #65
svenalo

The Quiet Type

Same here on the 2 I ordered and paid for.

I also am confused what the benefit of mailing them early is when ifn fact you STILL have to go get in line to get the wristband, the swag bag, etc, etc, etc.

svenalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #66
bellanorte

The Quiet Type

I haven't heard a peep from SOE even tho I paid for my platinum pass the first day you could register...funny how I got that email.   Hoping my pass gets here before I get on the plane.  I'm going early to enjoy some Vegas sun before fanfair.

bellanorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #67
Raevin

The Quiet Type

Ok, everyone that hasn't gotten an email... Check  your spam box.  I did get mine, and that's where I found it.  I've never had a single email from SOE go to spam, so I have no idea why that one did.

Raevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #68
Tanilya

The Quiet Type

Nada in the spam box. I've checked it religiously since Ashlenne said that they were going to send an email SMILEY
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #69
Kela

Master

svenalo wrote:

I also am confused what the benefit of mailing them early is when ifn fact you STILL have to go get in line to get the wristband, the swag bag, etc, etc, etc.

But you are waiting in the much shorter line. Also at Bally's last year there was a security guard keeping people well away from the enterance area prior to registration opening, as Plat Pass lounge opens an hour earlier that pass will let you by that guard, if they are there again.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #70
Agedi

Happy Camper

I cannot express how much this decision to mail the passes to us upsets me.  Not so much the actual mailing of it, but the time in which they decided to do so.  This is a decision that should have been made prior to opening up registration and also given the registrants a choice in the matter at the time of registration.

I have been vacation with my family and was unable to check my emails until a few days ago.  I am not going to be going home before heading to Vegas for the FF, so because this decision was essentially made for me, and notification of such a decision was given so late, I am left with having to have a stickered name badge.  I've contacted my neighbor whom has been watching our house and checking our mail and she says my name badge has not even arrived there as of today.

I'm very displeased with how this is being handled in general and don't understand why they couldn't even be bothered to make two copies of just the platinum badges just to cover all bases - we paid enough extra to at least cover any additional cost of such.

Agedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #71
svenalo

The Quiet Type

Kela wrote:

svenalo wrote:

But you are waiting in the much shorter line. Also at Bally's last year there was a security guard keeping people well away from the enterance area prior to registration opening, as Plat Pass lounge opens an hour earlier that pass will let you by that guard, if they are there again.

Yes, but the question was what is the point of sending the badge in the mail. It doesn't gain us anything to do it that way and causes more work for SOE.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #72
broojij

Happy Camper

Got my Platinum Pass in today's mail, but then again I am in San Diego county, but they are on the way.  It's pretty nice too.

SMILEY

broojij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 AM   #73
Kela

Master

Agedi wrote:

I cannot express how much this decision to mail the passes to us upsets me.  Not so much the actual mailing of it, but the time in which they decided to do so.  This is a decision that should have been made prior to opening up registration and also given the registrants a choice in the matter at the time of registration.

I agree having the option of mailing them or not would have been nice, but I think this desision or maybe the whole idea of mailing them didn't come up until after registration started, in that case I think the "Op out" option was the best. Though more notice, and FAR MORE promonant notice of that options availablity would have been a very good thing

I have been vacation with my family and was unable to check my emails until a few days ago.  I am not going to be going home before heading to Vegas for the FF, so because this decision was essentially made for me, and notification of such a decision was given so late, I am left with having to have a stickered name badge.  I've contacted my neighbor whom has been watching our house and checking our mail and she says my name badge has not even arrived there as of today.

Your post was on the 26th wich was monday, I don't know what post office where you live is like but generally it takes more then 1 mailing day to get something shipped to you in the mail. It was only shipped out last friday afternoon at the earliest, because that was the cut-off for getting them a message that you didn't want them shipped. It usually takes between 3 to 5 days to ship crosscountry so that is why it likly isn't there yet. As for the sticker badge, if you appy the sticker right(and they print them) the only way people would really be able to tell the differance is if they accually held it in thier hands. Because the stickers they use are the same size as the white space used where they print your badge in the first place.

I'm very displeased with how this is being handled in general and don't understand why they couldn't even be bothered to make two copies of just the platinum badges just to cover all bases - we paid enough extra to at least cover any additional cost of such.

You do know it costs a fortune to create Pre-printed lainated badges right? It also would be a HUGE was of paper, laminating material and ink, because the vaste majority of people will be getting thier Plat badges befor they arrive.

svenalo wrote:

Kela wrote:

svenalo wrote:

Yes, but the question was what is the point of sending the badge in the mail. It doesn't gain us anything to do it that way and causes more work for SOE.

So not having to wait in a city block+ long line, or camping the reg desk for 4+ hours is nothing? The line at Registration starts forming around Noon, and usually the entire lenght of whatever hall it is in. It also will get you passed the Security guard wich you likly otherwise wouldn't be able to get passed, and that  is likly why they sent it in the first place, Bally's likly made them.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #74
svenalo

The Quiet Type

Kela wrote:

Agedi wrote:

I agree having the option of mailing them or not would have been nice, but I think this desision or maybe the whole idea of mailing them didn't come up until after registration started, in that case I think the "Op out" option was the best. Though more notice, and FAR MORE promonant notice of that options availablity would have been a very good thing

Your post was on the 26th wich was monday, I don't know what post office where you live is like but generally it takes more then 1 mailing day to get something shipped to you in the mail. It was only shipped out last friday afternoon at the earliest, because that was the cut-off for getting them a message that you didn't want them shipped. It usually takes between 3 to 5 days to ship crosscountry so that is why it likly isn't there yet. As for the sticker badge, if you appy the sticker right(and they print them) the only way people would really be able to tell the differance is if they accually held it in thier hands. Because the stickers they use are the same size as the white space used where they print your badge in the first place.

You do know it costs a fortune to create Pre-printed lainated badges right? It also would be a HUGE was of paper, laminating material and ink, because the vaste majority of people will be getting thier Plat badges befor they arrive.

svenalo wrote:

Kela wrote:

svenalo wrote:

So not having to wait in a city block+ long line, or camping the reg desk for 4+ hours is nothing? The line at Registration starts forming around Noon, and usually the entire lenght of whatever hall it is in. It also will get you passed the Security guard wich you likly otherwise wouldn't be able to get passed, and that  is likly why they sent it in the first place, Bally's likly made them.

Again you are missing the point. The point is not about the line, it's length, etc. The point is about the mailing of the pass. Mailing the pass benefits us in no way, shape, or form unless I am missing something...so I am asking what the benefit of mailing it is.

Also the reason can't be to get past the security guard because they have already said it is possible to not have your pass first and to have to get a replacement, and I doubt they are going to make you stand in the long regular line for that because then you would have a serious beef about line length and paying for the platinum pass and so on.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #75
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

Getting your pass early is just a perk. If you don't get the pass early, you can still get it on site. I got my email from SOE last Friday, and sent a note asking them not to send it (since I'm in Canada and the Monday is a holiday here; plus it's looking like I'm flying out that Monday). They replied with: "If your pass does not get to you in time please do not worry they will be on site as well please just bring ID"
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #76
Kela

Master

svenalo wrote:

Again you are missing the point. The point is not about the line, it's length, etc. The point is about the mailing of the pass. Mailing the pass benefits us in no way, shape, or form unless I am missing something...so I am asking what the benefit of mailing it is.

UM, so to you NOT losing 4+hours out of your day is worth absolutly nothing and there for has no benefit what so ever? ok, just so I am clear on that. I guess your right there is no benifit to us or them. Exept not having to man two reg. lines, not having to get the security guard to let people past him 1 hour ealry, but only these special people who don't have any kind of pass to alow him to tell you apart from everyone else because no one would attempt to by pass the line pretending to have a plat pass. There are accually a lot of ligistical problems that sending out the passes by mail solves.

Also the reason can't be to get past the security guard because they have already said it is possible to not have your pass first and to have to get a replacement, and I doubt they are going to make you stand in the long regular line for that because then you would have a serious beef about line length and paying for the platinum pass and so on.

Except how is the security gaurd to know that you are a plat pass holder? Also by sending out the vaste majority of the passes they don't have to create a second specal line for Plat pass people instead those who ask them to hold them or that didn't get it in time could go directly to the Error with pass window and pick it up there, if everyone had to pick it up onsite, then they would need sperate lines and there really isn't room for that at Bally's.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #77
Tanilya

The Quiet Type

I still never got the email but my son told me I got 3 envelopes from Sony today with our character names on the front. I'm at work at the moment but I will assume they are our passes so I'm happy! See everyone next week! SMILEY
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #78
Alg

So has anyone on the east coast recieved their letters with their bages in them as of yet? Checked the mail and nothing here in florida so far, and the mailing address is correct for me on the account registration. Just getting a little worried with it being so close wish they had decided to mail them sooner.

Alg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #79
Bisxoni

The Quiet Type

Algiz wrote:

So has anyone on the east coast recieved their letters with their bages in them as of yet? Checked the mail and nothing here in florida so far, and the mailing address is correct for me on the account registration. Just getting a little worried with it being so close wish they had decided to mail them sooner.

I live an hour outside of Boston and it has not been delivered yet.  I get packages from CA and it takes on average of 3 days using UPS so I would expect Friday being the earliest before East Coast starts seeing anything.

And just out of wanting to know, 1 week left, and the only VIP event for Plat Pass members I see is the EQ II BG event.  I hope this isn't it...........

Bisxoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #80
Tanilya

The Quiet Type

I forgot to say that I'm in Illinois. Not east coast but I was still surprised to get them already. I figured tomorrow or Friday.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #81
Dark_Grue

Happy Camper

I got my Platium Pass in the mail today, rather than being excited about it, I'm extremely disappointed.

The original impression was that PP holders would get a special sign-in line to pick up their badges at the con, which suited me fine because of my own personal plans. The recent change to mailing the passes presented a crisis which caused me additional effort I shouldn't have had to expend.

The first was responding to "IMPORTANT Information About Your SOE Fan Faire Platinum Pass!", an email I recieved on the 20th. I responded to it immediately, and recieved a response the next day, which is fine in terms of speed:

"You can also get your pass onsite should you not receive it in the mail."

Which is fine, except since folks from previous Fan Faires have said that such replacements came in the form of printed labels, or in at least one case, a handwritten reciept, it didn't seem like all that great a compromise. Part of the perk of the PP is wearing a nice lamiated badge. Also, I would anticipate problems not just getting a reprint badge, but running into dificulties getting into events with it (in my experience, such exceptions cause problems with the event organizers, since they don't expect to see deviations in the badges). Perhaps that isn't the case, but it represents a concern for something I'd rather avoid.

Ashlanne posted on the 21st that people who did not want their passes mailed (which was the original conditions people purchased their passes under, keep in mind) could PM her. Which I did immediately. The cut-off date for those requests was the 23rd.

And yet my pass was mailed anyway.

Now, I recieved my pass at the last possible opportunity for mail to reach me, which means that many other people aren't getting theirs in time. It isn't also the conditions I purchased my pass under, nor what I made every effort to follow instructions to make sure didn't happen. Other people won't be lucky and beat the postal lottery like I did. I can only guess as to whether it'll be organized as well when folks attempt to pick up their passes at the Faire, whether they specifically requested them to not be mailed or not.

I'm very unhappy with the way the siutation developed and the way it's been handled. So far, my impression of this "premium" pass has been nothing but hassle for me and other people in my party. And the Fair hasn't even started yet.

Dark_Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #82
Agedi

Happy Camper

Kela wrote:

Agedi wrote:

The "Opt out" option was still not a good excuse, in my opinion.  The best choice still would have been to not do the mailing and stick to the original plan.  They obviously already had enough staff scheduled for a separate PP line as it was the original idea.  In my experience, changing plans midstream of large events is never a good idea for all parties involved.

My house is in California, so generally mail from within the state is delivered in a day or two.  I also posted on the same day I got word of the mailing plan - which obviously was well past the "cut-off" date for notification.  This again brings up my original point of making this decision so late after registration and there not being the option at the time of registration.  Had I not needed to go into town to get a refill on my son's seizure meds during our camping trip, I'd not have received the text from my friend telling me about it until Aug. 4th.  Now, because of this situation I am having to leave the campground daily so I can try to rectify this situation that should never have happened in the first place.  Thankfully Ashlanne is an awesome employee and has been trying to work through this with me - but neither she or myself should have been put into this dilemma.

You do know it costs a fortune to create Pre-printed lainated badges right? It also would be a HUGE was of paper, laminating material and ink, because the vaste majority of people will be getting thier Plat badges before they arrive.

You do know they are making a sizable profit from the registration fees, right?  I am sure there is more than enough overhead to provide this small and simple resolution to their snafu - it's also really the right thing to do.  If they weren't willing to "waste" the extra paper, laminating material and ink, they should have stuck with the original, advertised plan.  Now if you don't mind, I'm not intending to come back on here as I am putting all my trust into Ashlanne to get things fixed for me so I can enjoy what little time is left on my family camping trip with my wife and children.

Agedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #83
Irish

Journeyman

East Coast here right outside Philadelphia, got the pass in mail just now. Did anyone get a lanyard or do we have to pick that up at the Faire Itself.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #84
Isror

The Quiet Type

Given the nature of the U.S. Postal service and the perpetual stamp price increase, it was cheaper to send the pass without the lanyard and we'll get them in our gift bag when we're on site.

Isror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #85
Alg

Hmm, now I'm getting nervous nothing in today's mail and due to other things I'm leaving here on tuesday of next week. I really wish they had sent something this important out by a quicker mailing method or not mailed it at all like they originally had planned.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #86
Bisxoni

The Quiet Type

Wife and I just got ours in the mail today.  Looks like I was wrong about Friday   Do have to say I liked the look of the 2004 Las Vegas badge better than this new one.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #87
Kela

Master

Bisxoni wrote:

Wife and I just got ours in the mail today.  Looks like I was wrong about Friday   Do have to say I liked the look of the 2004 Las Vegas badge better than this new one.

Do you still have it or have a picture of it cause I would like to see it just out of curiousity. Personally I liked the 2007 badges best cause they came with poutches you can put stuff in. Like notepads and pens. Only problem with it was the text on the card was way to small so you ether had to always look far to closly at it for the confert of yourself and others, hand to pick it up to read it, or hold it up in others faces so they can read it.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #88
Bisxoni

The Quiet Type

Kela wrote:

Bisxoni wrote:

Do you still have it or have a picture of it cause I would like to see it just out of curiousity. Personally I liked the 2007 badges best cause they came with poutches you can put stuff in. Like notepads and pens. Only problem with it was the text on the card was way to small so you ether had to always look far to closly at it for the confert of yourself and others, hand to pick it up to read it, or hold it up in others faces so they can read it.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #89
Alg

What do the new ones look like?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #90
RokshNRoll

Happy Camper

I would like to thank the entire SoE fan faire team for all your hard work! The mailing of the passes was a great idea, it saves me from having to stand in a registration line for hours on end!

RokshNRoll is offline   Reply With Quote