EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 03:00 AM   #31
Jerath
Server: Crushbone
Guild: No Ma am

Loremaster

Just wanted to put my 2cp out there (again)...

It's all sorts of awesome (/sarcasm) to see Blackburrow server get an evequest2.com FRONT PAGE announcement of a big Guide Party in the Hold of Prexus.... When we here on Crushbone server rarely even have the piddly little events.

Or a post herein to say "hey y'all, something's gonna be going on soon" even about minor stuff.

I understand the guides are Volunteers, etc etc etc, but I'm completely losing faith in the program's support for Crushbone server when there isn't any communication about upcoming events on this forum, when a /who all Guide search never gives results anymore (cuz the Guides aren't flagged, or are /anon or /roleplay), when there are very VERY few players who have had the opportunity on the server to visit the Hold of Prexus and/or receive Guide shinies....

/sigh, sorry, I'm not trying to sound harsh and hateful, but I am depressed that none of my toons ever get the chance at anything more fun than a story participation for Guide-handed-out food, or a kill quest that results in a fluff pet (for two examples).

Jerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #32
Arduatha

Loremaster

Howdy!

I just wanted to thank the guide that ran the "Axe and ye shall receive" Quest in ButcherBlock the other day.   It was greatly appreciated and from what I saw of the turn out, most welcome!

Thank you again for running the quest!  Can we get more guide quests?  

Cheers!

Marina Mawr  

Clan Mawr Chieftan

Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
Warpax

Loremaster

yep thanks bunches for the Axe and Wine making events. It would be super swell if we could get those Guide appearance item quests again. id give Senya's left arm for one

Warpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #34
Enuphia

Guide

Hello Crushbone! I'll be on (as Guide Mardaak) a few times today between 3pm and 5:30pm pacific time, and I might just have some lovely shinies to give out.

I haven't decided where all I will head tonight, so if you have someplace that you'd like me to be let me know here and I'll take a look before logging in tonight. Stay tuned as well, I might have a quest announcement for the holiday weekend coming up in the next day or so.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #35
Arduatha

Loremaster

Howdy howdy!

Thank you for letting us help the poor starving froglok's out the other day in Antonica.  They did seem a bit on the gaunt side.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #36
Elyshkaxx

Guide

Ask and ye shall receive!

I've put the word out to the guides and hopefully you'll see more activity posted here (preferably in advance! but hey, we're human... and dark elf... and ogre... and, in my case, halfling and hungry!).

Keep your eyes peeled for green cloaks near you!  Don't forget, even though it may not seem like it, we are around and we do our very best to keep the activity rolling in all time periods, not just during peak hours.  If you see a green cloak or a green feather roaming around, stop in and say hi!

Guide of Crushbone Server

WTB Jumjum pie! PST!
Elyshkaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #37
Arduatha

Loremaster

Again, wanted to say thanks!  Got a cute little piggie that loves to follow me around the other day...  and today, an interesting light to hang in my entry hall.

Thanks again!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #38
Twinklin

Loremaster

Thanks Crushbone guides for the quests in Antonica today. I was working on my betrayal stuff on an alt and while spending so much time in Antonica I happened to notice a couple guides asking for help. It was a wonderful treat for me. The guides for both the lights and the sleeping ugly quests did a great job roleplaying. Wonderful job! Keep it up.

Twinklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #39
Iskandar

Loremaster

/pokes the month old thread hoping for a return of the axe quest that he rarely hears of and always seems to miss

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #40
Elyshkaxx

Guide

Iksander, you are in luck!  I just heard word that the crazy, axe obsessed dwarf will be making another trip to Butcherblock tomorrow evening!

Make sure to keep an eye out around about six and a half bells - just before the big evening dark.  He's never shy about making his presence known. SMILEY

WTB Jumjum pie! PST!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #41
Iskandar

Loremaster

Yayz! Thanks to that crazy axe-obsessed dwarf, I now know how to make all sorts of neat axes!  *does the happy Kerran dance* Thanks for having the event again!

Iskandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #42
Elyshkaxx

Guide

Halden, collector of ales and tales, will be visiting Antonica in two days time.  He's looking for folks who can curl his beard hair with spooky stories of things that go bump in the night!  Drop by early for refreshments and bring a friend!

WTB Jumjum pie! PST!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #43
Elyshkaxx

Guide

Thursday 11/04/2010 3:15pm pdt -

Dragons are invading the Commonlands and they want... to hear a story?!?  Hrm, imagine that!  Well, they ARE dragons and tend to be a bit persnickety in any case, so I recommend obliging them.

WTB Jumjum pie! PST!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #44
Jerath

Loremaster

Thanks to Guides Nezzio and Ballie for spending some time chatting with us in Sinking Sands, yesterday evening.

Would still LOVE to see some more communication for future events -- I'm still waiting for my chance to be an "Axe Master" or for the chance to get my hands on some more Guide Doodads shinies.

(Also, why are the storytelling circles "events" ran so very often on Crushbone?)

Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #45
Jerath

Loremaster

Well, I think the subject line says it all...

It's been MORE than 30 days since the last posting for goings-on re: Guide stuffs for Crushbone server.

Could this be remedied at all, please? What with Frostfell having been live for a while now, and holidays yielding more opportunity for players to be logged on, I can't imagine I'm the only player who would like to know of quests and events that will be run for our server.

Thanks folks!

Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #46
Stormdove

Loremaster

Aye, a heads up on any Frostfell Guide events would be awesome.  Pretty please with a red bow on top?

Stormdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #47
Kreigir

Guide

* Walks boldly out into the middle of the square and clears her throat then bellows: I heard rumors that on Wednesday, the 22nd, in the Frostfang Sea there may be a goblin about with ramblings about some Frostfell Gifts. I didn’t over hear when he would be about… but if you keep your ears and eyes open – you may just spot him.
Kreigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #48
Jerath

Loremaster

/emote dances in anticipation!

Huzzah! Thanks for the info, Enuphia! =D

Old 12-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #49
Kreigir

Guide

*Dances out flaunting her lovely new frostfell robes and stammers...

I have some gossip for you... Looks like Thursday is going to be a busy day!

On Thursday the 23rd a Gigglegibber Goblin should be out and about in Greater Faydark at 7pm while a Halfling wanders about Norrath looking for help.

At some point during the day you may also catch a glimpse of a Dwarf in South Freeport. 

Note: All times listed are PST and approximate.  They may vary slightly. Guides are volunteers and sometimes the monster known as real life gets to each of us.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #50
Kreigir

Guide

*Races in with the juiciest of gossip...

Rumor has it on Tuesday 1/3/11 somewhere around 3pm PST in Kelethin that there may be a little dragon or looking to find the way home.

Of course... this is just a rumor and all times listed are approximate.  They may vary slightly. Guides are volunteers and sometimes the monster known as real life gets to each of us

Old 01-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #51
Jerath

Loremaster

Guide_Enuphia wrote:

*Dances out flaunting her lovely new frostfell robes and stammers...

I have some gossip for you... Looks like Thursday is going to be a busy day!

On Thursday the 23rd a Gigglegibber Goblin should be out and about in Greater Faydark at 7pm while a Halfling wanders about Norrath looking for help.

At some point during the day you may also catch a glimpse of a Dwarf in South Freeport. 

Note: All times listed are PST and approximate.  They may vary slightly. Guides are volunteers and sometimes the monster known as real life gets to each of us.

Okay, so apologies ahead of time, but I wanted to take a few moments to speak my mind.After reading the above notice of a quest / whatever to be run in Kelethin today, I got excited. I was looking forward to participating in a Guide event in Kelethin today, namely because I had the afternoon free and could plan ahead to attend.

It's now 5pm PST, and I have officially given up waiting... Yes, that's right, at 3pm PST, I headed out to Kelethin to await the Guide (or Guides) for the event with the intent of taking part.  And I waited, and waited, and waited, for two full hours.  Sure, Enuphia said the time was "approximate," but two hours tardy!?  Why bother informing us at all??

Nobody showed up, and I gave up waiting after becoming truly frustrated!

I have friends who are on different servers who have been excitedly talking about various Guide quests that have been run on their servers during Frostfell. Hearing of these events got me excited as well -- excited enough that instead of doing something more productive with my afternoon / evening (housework, cleaning, dishes, etc), I logged into EQ2 and waited in Kelethin to participate.

Only once this entire Frostfell season have I managed to participate in a Guide quest, and only one other time except for that have I even SEEN a Guide on Crushbone server this entire Frostfell season -- and that person was just chatting and roleplaying in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.

It is truly infuriating to miss out on all that's apparently available to the playerbase -- and miss out I feel I have, based on what those friends on other servers have been informing me...

Please, don't get our hopes up by informing us FOR ONE OF THE VERY FEW TIMES WE ARE on these forums that Guide(s) will be present and running content for the players -- and then have no one show up.I would personally much rather NOT get my hopes up about doing Frostfell Guide content, and go back to feeling like Crushbone server is largely ignored and/or unattended by the Guide program...

I know it's a volunteer program; I know we're all human; I know that sometimes "life happens" and gets in the way of the best-laid plans, but really -- Frostfell ends in 3 days' time, and I have no hope of seeing any more of its Guide content quests / etc.

I don't know that anyone else feels as I do, but this is what's on my mind... Despite it all, I will say "Happy New Year" to the Crushbone Guides and, perhaps foolishly, that I hope that my words will reach to somewhere that they will take hold and perhaps effect a change (no matter how small).

Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #52
Kreigir

Guide

*blushes furiously  and appologizes to everyone looking to meet the dragon ...  the dragon should actually be there Tuesday 1/4/11.

(*looks at her calendar and wonders how those dates got all mixed up)

Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #53
soulsercher

Loremaster

ah, the little dragons were cute. Good thing I had a LOT of meat in my bags. SMILEY thank you for doing this, looking forward to the next guide quests/events!

soulsercher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #54
Jerath

Loremaster

It's the last day of Frostfell.....

I don't suppose somebody could be convinced to share some ACCURATE information as to whether or not our Crushbone Guides are going to be doing any last runs of Frostfell events????(After the debacle of somehow confusing January 3rd with the 4th, y'know, this would seem to be something important to highlight...)

Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #55
Jerath

Loremaster

*Jerath takes a stick, sharpening one end to a fine point...**Jerath lights his torch, stalking silently through the graveyard, seeking freshly disturbed earth...**Jerath finds that which he seeks... jamming his stake unhesitantly into the otherworldly corpse of the Crushbone Guide program*

Really, let's just call it what it is: DEADOr at least, it may as well be dead on Crushbone...

Nothing, for a week? No news of sitings, no sharing with your playerbase of goings-on?

At least with Frostfell, I (and surely, others) could give you the benefit of the doubt what with all the holidays!  But now? Now it's just inexcusable that you ignore us, that you don't interact with us, that you're never to be seen or found here or on the server.

Pardoning my language, but CHRIST, I pray that if/when Crushbone merges with Lucan D'Lere, we'll actually benefit from better Guides than we currently have.... More active Guides -- no, more PROactive Guides! Guides who actually enjoy being on the server running quests and interacting with us. Guides who.............  /sigh, nevermind. These posts don't actually seem to be falling upon ears (or shall I say "shining upon eyes"?) of people who care.

/end rant (again)

Old 01-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #56
Ashenskies

Scholar

Greetings, Crushbone! I am Apprentice Guide Ashenskies. I was blessed enough to be able to go out into the world and meet with many great people in Norrath today. I Thoroughly enjoy interacting with you all on Crushbone, and I look forward to running into everyone again in my travels!

Ashenskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #57
Kamimura

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Now it's just inexcusable that you ignore us, that you don't interact with us, that you're never to be seen or found here or on the server.

I've participated in two guide events this last week, missed one (just ending as I logged in), and chatted with three other guides as well. Saw plenty running Frostfell events as well. They're on the server, though yes, it would be nice if they posted here at all.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #58
Kreigir

Guide

*Races out laughing with excitement.  Oh, I hear that there is fun in the works... Here's just a few of the things that seem to be happening!!!

1/19/2011 - 12pm In Halas there may be some Snowy Fun...

1/20/2011 - 5:30am - I hear that a hungry Troll will be roaming Norrath... keep your ears open and you may just find him.

1/21/2011 - 7:30pm - A dragon may need some help finding his home in Qeynos Harbor.

Of course all times are PST and subject to change.  Please keep in mind Guides are volunteers and sometimes the angry dragon called real life may rear its ugly head.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #59
Nindaene

Loremaster

Guide_Enuphia wrote:

*Races out laughing with excitement.  Oh, I hear that there is fun in the works... Here's just a few of the things that seem to be happening!!!

4/19/2011 - 12pm In Halas there may be some Snowy Fun...

4/20/2011 - 5:30am - I hear that a hungry Troll will be roaming Norrath... keep your ears open and you may just find him.

4/21/2011 - 7:30pm - A dragon may need some help finding his home in Qeynos Harbor.

Of course all times are PST and subject to change.  Please keep in mind Guides are volunteers and sometimes the angry dragon called real life may rear its ugly head.

I surely do hope that you mean JANUARY and not APRIL.  I can hardly believe that you would be scheduling events for 3 months from now.

You might want to edit your post.  SMILEY

Nindaene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #60
Kreigir

Guide

* Bonks herself on the head realizing that she goofed in putting up the Fun Stuff... 

Once again... this week we should see...

1/19/2011 - 12pm In Halas there may be some Snowy Fun...

1/20/2011 - 5:30am - I hear that a hungry Troll will be roaming Norrath... keep your ears open and you may just find him.

1/21/2011 - 7:30pm - A dragon may need some help finding his home in Qeynos Harbor.