EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Twicket

Loremaster

Greetings Norrath! 

The Guide Program is always on the lookout for new members.    Have you ever wondered what it is a Guide does or how to become one?   Do you like to spend some time helping out others?   Would you like to be the one that provide live quests for others to take part in? 

The answer to to these and other questions are just a click away. 

To find out more about the Guide Program you can visit https://guide.station.sony.com/guideapp/faq.php and should you wish to join the ranks of the program simple fill out the Guide Application located at https://guide.station.sony.com/guideapp/.

You can also visit the application on the forums at http://forums.station.sony.com/stat....m?forum_id=207.

Twicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
deKoven

Tester

Hmm, well; I've tried 4 times to fill out the app form so I could join up. No soap, it doesn't work (for me, your mileage, etc.)

I do hope that others join up though. Only guide I've ever met was real nice and friendly.

deKoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
ke'la

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Hmm, well; I've tried 4 times to fill out the app form so I could join up. No soap, it doesn't work (for me, your mileage, etc.)

I do hope that others join up though. Only guide I've ever met was real nice and friendly.

Do you use a browser other then IE, cause SoE's forms really don't like non-IE browsers... just sayin'

ke'la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
deKoven

Tester

kela wrote:

{0}

Yes, I use Mozilla. And I'm not gonna use that misbegotten thing called "Internet Explorer." If that lets me out then so be it.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Twicket

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you are receiving errors you can do the following that is listed in the FAQ section:

Q:   I keep getting errors on the Guide Application what should I do?
A:   You can always forward your answers to [email protected].

Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
deKoven

Tester

Okay, Pabinee. Fairy nuff. I might try that and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
GrunEQ

Tester

If you join the Guide program, would it prevent you from participating in Guide events on your regular server?

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Twicket

Loremaster

GrunEQ wrote:

If you join the Guide program, would it prevent you from participating in Guide events on your regular server?

Not at all.   When you are on your regular "play" server you are just that....a player.   As a player you are available to participate in any quest available, even those ran by the Guides of your play server.

Senior Guide PabineeUnrest

Old 01-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
ke'la

Loremaster

Pabinee wrote:

GrunEQ wrote:

Not at all.   When you are on your regular "play" server you are just that....a player.   As a player you are available to participate in any quest available, even those ran by the Guides of your play server.

There are some rule about this though is there not. Like you can't tell people your a guide, what server you guide on, and such, and ofcourse not guiding on a server you play on.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
Twicket

Loremaster

Yes, this is true we do have some rules to that cover that aspect.    But if you are interested you are encouraged to apply to the Guide Program.   We are always looking for more to join the ranks.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #11
BMouse

Loremaster

tryed filling out the form to join Guide program. Always came up with  some [Removed for Content] as eroor message. Gave up after the 4th or 5th attempt. GL though with getting more peeps into the guide program

BMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #12
Twicket

Loremaster

BMouse wrote:

tryed filling out the form to join Guide program. Always came up with  some [Removed for Content] as eroor message. Gave up after the 4th or 5th attempt. GL though with getting more peeps into the guide program

BMouse,

I am sorry that you have found issues with using the Guide Application.    In the FAQ section there is this area that should be of help for you in getting your application submitted.

If you are receiving errors you can do the following that is listed in the FAQ section:

Q:   I keep getting errors on the Guide Application what should I do?
A:   You can always forward your answers to [email protected].

Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #13
BMouse

Loremaster

Pabinee thanks for the quick as reply....but at this stage there is no show that I will ever attempt to apply for the guide program again. GL anyways in getting more people involved in it.

The Guide program has plenty of merets, and I always look forward to seeing events, and stuff being run on my server by the Guides.

BMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
ke'la

Loremaster

BMouse wrote:

Pabinee thanks for the quick as reply....but at this stage there is no show that I will ever attempt to apply for the guide program again. GL anyways in getting more people involved in it.

The Guide program has plenty of merets, and I always look forward to seeing events, and stuff being run on my server by the Guides.

The problem is SoE forms in general only like IE and if you use anything else(like I do) then you will have to find an alternate way to get the aplication in... I really wish the Web Development people would fix that... an increasingly large percentage of the population do not use IE.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
Zenadina

Tester

Clicked on your link and get "There is a problem with this website's security certificate"

If i go past that the first page asks for my station name, password and email. The the address up top in bright red text. Sorry but that is as far as i got before leaving the site, way to scarySMILEY

Zenadina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #16
Zenadina

Tester

Clicked on your link and get "There is a problem with this website's security certificate"

If i go past that the first page asks for my station name, password and email. The the address up top in bright red text. Sorry but that is as far as i got before leaving the site, way to scarySMILEY

Zenadina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
Rolande'

Loremaster

I have same issue and using IE .

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

More information

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
  • If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

• Rolande' is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #18
    Tinrae

Loremaster

I use Mozilla and get the same message. I was interested in seeing more about the Guide Program, but I'm not going to switch from my prefered browser to do so.

Warden L80 - Master Provisioner

Troubador L80 - Master Tailor

Inquisitor - Master Alchemist

Paladin - Armorer

Tinrae is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #19
    Twicket

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If i go past that the first page asks for my station name, password and email. The the address up top in bright red text. Sorry but that is as far as i got before leaving the site, way to scary

Rinissa,

This is an approved SOE website so providing your user account and password to login to it is allowed.   However, if you believe that the site may be attempting to gain information from you that you are uncertain with releasing (always good to be concerned like that) you may send and e-mail directly to [email protected] regarding the application site.   The application can then be e-mailed to you to be completed.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
    Norrsken

Loremaster

Pabinee wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If i go past that the first page asks for my station name, password and email. The the address up top in bright red text. Sorry but that is as far as i got before leaving the site, way to scary

Rinissa,

This is an approved SOE website so providing your user account and password to login to it is allowed.   However, if you believe that the site may be attempting to gain information from you that you are uncertain with releasing (always good to be concerned like that) you may send and e-mail directly to [email protected] regarding the application site.   The application can then be e-mailed to you to be completed.

This is SSL certificates. If they are reporting an error this may mean that there is something untoward going on. I'd forward it to the web dev team and if they dont fix stuff like this asap (even if its jsut a case of a certificate that is too old) then they need to set their priorities straight. Especially now that a lot of shady buisnesses si starting tot arget MMOs with a lot of trojans and stuff.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
    Rijacki

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Pabinee wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Rinissa,

This is SSL certificates. If they are reporting an error this may mean that there is something untoward going on. I'd forward it to the web dev team and if they dont fix stuff like this asap (even if its jsut a case of a certificate that is too old) then they need to set their priorities straight. Especially now that a lot of shady buisnesses si starting tot arget MMOs with a lot of trojans and stuff.

They've had the problem for at least a year. I was told, back when I was very alarmed too, that it was because the URL changed for the page but no one had gone in to change the certificate. Looking at the information displayed, that did indeed match that information. But, that it hasn't been fixed in a year is rather discouraging.  It's not the guide programme's fault, it's that they're given no attention by the web development team (and yes I did file a complaint with the web admin about the certificate a year ago).

Old 02-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #22
    Valdaglerion

Loremaster

1. Guides arent allowed on all servers
    2. Guides cant play on their own servers

These 2 things are counter intuitive to being a guide IMO. I have a vested interest in increasing the quality of play on the server I play on primarily which subsequently doesnt allow Guides. They are afraid someone is going to sell the uber appearance loot they got from a guide quest on a toon on the Exchange/Live Gamer site...LOL

Seriously, funny stuff. If either of those 2 things ever changes I would love to apply as a guide on my server, I love the game.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
    Spyderbite
    Server: Venekor
    Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

These 2 things are counter intuitive to being a guide IMO. I have a vested interest in increasing the quality of play on the server I play on primarily which subsequently doesnt allow Guides. They are afraid someone is going to sell the uber appearance loot they got from a guide quest on a toon on the Exchange/Live Gamer site...LOL

Seriously, funny stuff. If either of those 2 things ever changes I would love to apply as a guide on my server, I love the game.

Ditto. No guides on PvP servers either. Which is a shame. Live events with PvP is much more exciting than following somebody around and killing the mobs they spawn. SMILEY

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #24
    Twicket

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Rinissa,

The website is a SOE website so it will prompt you for your station ID/Password before continuing.  If you feel that this link may still be unsafe you can send an e-mail to  [email protected] for confirmation and/or have the application e-mailed to you.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
    Matia

Loremaster

I disagree with the second being counter. After all then there would be those who would use it solely to mess with their own friends and guildies.

Wouldn't be a lot of fun for the rest if the accusations started going around that it was all favoritism.

Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #26
    ke'la

Loremaster

I see the point of not letting guides be on Live Gamer servers, as giving items away on a server where you can sell those items(and not all of them are apperance items) can create leigal issues. I don't however see why they can't have Guides on PvP servers save for the fact that there are really only 2 that are heavly populated and one of those is live gamer, and really does a PvP server want a guide from a PvE server? That said PvP guide events could be really cool if they allowed guides and gave them some unque tools, like pitting two teams against each other for a single item and such.

As far as Guides not allowed on thier own server I totally agree with that, as that does create a huge confict of interest issue if you allowed it, such as a GL spawning Guide Events for only his own guild and such. This is also way guides are not supposed to tell other guides thier home server so they can't arrage quid pro quo events.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #27
    Jesdyr
    Server: Unrest
    Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Matia wrote:

Wouldn't be a lot of fun for the rest if the accusations started going around that it was all favoritism.

I am sure that happens anyway.

The guides will form new friendships with people on the servers they are guides on. It happens but in my experiance they dont really play favorites. However I wouldnt doubt some people complain about it.

Personally I love messing with guides. It is too bad they cant give out cookies anymore...

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #28
    Squeecha

Senior Guide

I is working on it....

Baking as fasts as I can!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #29
    Jesdyr
    Server: Unrest
    Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Squeecha wrote:

I is working on it....

Baking as fasts as I can!!!!

So .. this lost ability of guides is coming back? !?

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #30
    Squeecha

Senior Guide

No telling.. it's all because some halflingses ate them all.. okay.. a specific Halfling. They may eats all of this batch toos!