EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 02:43 AM   #121
Dented

The Quiet Type

I think buying the platinum pass was a mistake on my part, I expected something different.  I figured the platinum pass would be beneficial for someone visiting fan faire for the first time and would allow me to skip any line or almost.  The partition of rooms made it even more difficult for me to socialize and mingle with other people.  I ended up waiting in line for a very long time to pickup the swag bags, entrace to the pool party and at the bar.  I actually met more people while waiting in the platinum lines. My best time was at the pool party and meeting random gamers by the slot machines.  

I can't express how much I really hate waiting in line!  If you all wanted to wait in line so badly, we should of had the fan faire in Disney World with those large wait time signs posted at the entrances.  I was amazed how well the event organized and run.  Things were setup ready for action on the 5th and then on the 8th that was supposed to be the last day of fan faire, they had everything wrapped up in a pallet... including an actual person.. hehe.

It was really fun and vegas was a great place to have it.  Hope we can have it in Florida next year so we can have cleaner air to breath.

Dented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #122
Mekii

Happy Camper

Kela wrote:

Mekii wrote:

DragonGem wrote:

This was discussed at length in the Fan Faire Feedback panel and there should be some changes next year.

That great but what about compensation for those that bought it this year?

Well occording to the devs that made the addtional Planium in-game items they felt that what people would pay for those times was greater then the addtional cost of the pass, so there is still SOME value there. Also IMO priority enterance to the nightly events, AND not having to wait in line to me was worth the extra cost.

Having an extra ingame item and early access to things was nice but way to many had it to make it special. I know this wasn't intentional though. My comment was more about what people got vs what they were led to believe they would get.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at fan faire and will definately be there again next year with a plat pass if they offer them again. I just wont expect much benefit from it over other levels.

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #123
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Kela wrote:

I agree with you Graye the whole locked off area that others can't go kinda goes against what Fan Faire is all about, community building. I personally think just having more perks, other then roped off areas is pleanty of goodies for the addtional cost. Including early entery and more swag. Such as getting both T-shirts.

Actually I had thought that would be the case, but it wasn't. Also it was sort of funny that the "premium" T cost exactly the same as the "non-premium" when you simply bought them at the store (10 $ each, which was really fair). 

Sory, but if something is "premium", shouldn't it cost more to get it?

In total I am not sure that the Platium Pass was worth it for me, but when I see the total cost for the FF which is over 2 K for me, I guess the extra $ for it don't matter anyway SMILEY

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #124
Okage

The Quiet Type

I was disappointed with the swag bags.  According to the pricing chart, the Platinum Pass holders were suppose to receive everything that the gold and silver pass holders got, plus an additional swag bag of stuff they didn't get.  That basically breaks down to having 2 shirts, not just one special shirt.

I also think that the platinum pass sells went on to long.  It seem like there were more platinum pass holders then the gold and silver combined.

The devs were great to talk to, and they truely wanted to know how we felt about our respectful games.  And were interested in listening to our suggestions and ideas.

The guy that was MC'ing was a told flop.  He doesn't know anything about us or the games.  It seemed like, all he could talk about was himself and what he was up to.  WHO CARES.  I go to fan faire to hear about what's going on in the games, and SOE.  Plus meeting up with old and meeting new friends, along with the devs.

Okage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #125
Kela

Master

Okage wrote:

I was disappointed with the swag bags.  According to the pricing chart, the Platinum Pass holders were suppose to receive everything that the gold and silver pass holders got, plus an additional swag bag of stuff they didn't get.  That basically breaks down to having 2 shirts, not just one special shirt.

Accually the SWAG bags and T-Shirts where both differant line items on the discription, however I agree I was under the impression it was everything the Gold/Silver got + the Plat t-shirt and the stuff in the Plat bag(meaning two shirts). They did say the Plat bag did have everything the Gold/silver bag had in it Plus some extra stuff...though I wish it was clearer what that extra stuff was. Like maybe put a plat sticker on it or something.

I also think that the platinum pass sells went on to long.  It seem like there were more platinum pass holders then the gold and silver combined.

It did and there nearly was. According to the Ashlane and the others at the Feedback Panel, there was a glitch in the system that was supposed to end the selling of the plat passes, and they sold like 300 or so more passes then they wanted to. Total Pre reg was over 1,400, total plat do to the glitch was over 700 or so.

The devs were great to talk to, and they truely wanted to know how we felt about our respectful games.  And were interested in listening to our suggestions and ideas.

The guy that was MC'ing was a told flop.  He doesn't know anything about us or the games.  It seemed like, all he could talk about was himself and what he was up to.  WHO CARES.  I go to fan faire to hear about what's going on in the games, and SOE.  Plus meeting up with old and meeting new friends, along with the devs.

Totally agree, I think Brasse should be a solo act next year, or have her and Ashlane run it if she wants to play off someone, cause Ashlane is great with the podcasts.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote