EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
Flin

Lord

Other than doing the defection thing to go Monk into Bruiser thing

I mean can a Monk say defect into a guardian ? 

If not then  Sony Devs listen up ,

Make us a Potion of Rebirth (1500SC) your call on price.

Effect - allows the user to change his/her Class within their archtype ie fighter > Fighter , Mage > Mage etc

keeping the current level but resetting AAs Skills Spells to Apprentice If IF different form original.

Id like to sack bieng a monk and do the Guardian thing

Flin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Gravy

Lord

Devs have said time and time again it would never happen because it would break too many things. If you want to have a new class, here is what you do. Takes a weekend.

1. Roll the new class and get it power leveled to 30. (2 hours or so)

2. During a double xp weekend have it power leveled to 90. (less than a day)

3. During the double xp weekend have the AA leveled to 280 (about 2 hours)

4. Do the questlines in Withered Lands (a day.)

So in a weekend or so you'll have a new toon level 92 with 280+ AA and gear better than Rygorr.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
hoosierdaddy

Loremaster

Suck it up, buddy, and roll another toon.

For at least the last two expansions, all other fighter classes had to either choose to watch brawlers MT everything or roll one for themselves.

Now that the fighter classes are being brought more in line with one another, I sense there's going to be a mass migration of springtime soldiers like yourself who are willing to fight when the going's good, but who flee at the first sight of snow.

"The human race is the most stupid and unfair kind of race. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water. Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side. It's not surprising a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk and shout abuse. What the human race needs is a lot more streakers." -- Banksy
hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Finora

Tester

Crafters have been asking for the ability to change their class for years & they have yet to offer it due to all the issues it would cause. The crafters don't even care if they have to start back over at level one.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

Devs have said time and time again it would never happen because it would break too many things. If you want to have a new class, here is what you do. Takes a weekend.

So in a weekend or so you'll have a new toon level 92 with 280+ AA and gear better than Rygorr.

That's awesome! SMILEY I want to meet the people that would actually believe this ROFL

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

hoosierdaddy wrote:

Suck it up, buddy, and roll another toon.

For at least the last two expansions, all other fighter classes had to either choose to watch brawlers MT everything or roll one for themselves.

Now that the fighter classes are being brought more in line with one another, I sense there's going to be a mass migration of springtime soldiers like yourself who are willing to fight when the going's good, but who flee at the first sight of snow.

We'll soon see who the real brawlers are, and who just jumped on the bandwagon during our heyday. I find it very ironic that so many people are ready to abandon the class just because we won't be unquestionably #1 tanks in every situation anymore. As far as I can tell, we'll still be entirely serviceable, not at all like the years of criminal neglect we suffered before SF.

Oh well, I've been a monk since an hour after the servers first came online--I've weathered the worst SOE can throw at me. They'll have to do more than these weaksauce nerfs to chase me away! Though, I am fairly certain that anybody who has played a brawler all these years probably qualifies for some sort of mental disability...

Old 07-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
thesiren

Loremaster

It's too bad they couldn't do something like Rift does, where you could switch out between any of the 6 sub-classes within your main class on the fly as needed.   You could keep your AAs and fight level, and would just have to maintain spells and gear for each sub-class you wanted to be able to play.  It would bring a lot of utility and flexibility to uneven groups, especially on the quieter servers where it's harder to get groups to begin with.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
DamselInDistress

Champion

Of course this isn't Rift so how about we stop trying to make eq2 something it is not, shall we ?

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
Grumble69

Loremaster

DamselInDistress wrote:

Of course this isn't Rift so how about we stop trying to make eq2 something it is not, shall we ?

That's an odd comment given that some EQ2 classes already have the ability to step into different roles.  It's just not as prominent as in Rift.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Grumble69 wrote:

DamselInDistress wrote:

That's an odd comment given that some EQ2 classes already have the ability to step into different roles.  It's just not as prominent as in Rift.

That happens in at least a few other games I can think of.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
Zeedlana

Augur

While I have one character (not a monk) I would love to change the class on ... I know it's not going to happen. I'll raise her TS line and that will be the end of this one outside of RPing with friends.

Unfortunately, I have too much invested in houses, appearance gear and the like to simply just delete and reroll at this point. (claimed and SC things)

So here's what I would like to see now instead -- a token I can purchase to hold said homes and gear under that same name while I reroll my girl to something else I would actually enjoy playing more, then turn in said token and get my purchased fiddly bits back.

That would make me happy with things at this point. Find me a way to not have to see a bunch of money go down the drain and keep me a happy customer please!

Antonia Bayle -

Orpiment - Iskar Necro - Decorator junkie lizard

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Zeedlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

kidzulu wrote:

Gravy wrote:

That's awesome! I want to meet the people that would actually believe this ROFL

Nice to meet you.        I have done just about this with 4 characters I have powerleveled, only I do it a little faster than Gravy is suggesting.   I'm kind of a middle of the road player with about 3-4 hours in the evenings to play.

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote