EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #31
Sigrdrifa

I had that problem because I was wandering around in my crafting clothes. Once I was equipped with the stuff from the Lockbox next to the registrar at the front desk in the library, I had no issues killing the worm on my paladin.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:07 PM   #32
Chrol

Developer

The mission rewards haven't been finalized yet. Many of the attached rewards are just placeholders from PoP.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:20 AM   #33
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes to Myrist should be included with tomorrow's Beta update:
  • Desk Job - Quest now requires players to be level 110 or above, as intended.
  • A tradeskill fuel merchant, a rush order giver, and a work order giver have been added to the Crafters' Gallery.
  • An adorning trainer, a tinkering trainer, an adorning and tinkering daily task giver, and an adorning and tinkering merchant have been added to the Smiths' Gallery.
  • An armor merchant, an unlocked armor merchant, a status merchant, and a heroic treasures merchant have now been relocated to the Merchants' Gallery.
  • A mender has been relocated to the Services' Gallery.
  • The forge tradeskill station has been moved to the Smiths' Gallery.
  • A portal has been added to Myrist that will take you between different instances of the zone.
~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #34
Sigrdrifa

• Quest name: Desk Job
  • Quest giver name: Virlana Levora
  • Current quest journal entry: Gather sheets of newly pressed paper in the conservatory (0/7)
If you go in and get wild clicking the sheets on the floor, you can spawn more than one volume of wild gardening. As, for example, someone who is used to running around with a pet or mercenary might do, keep harvesting while the pet/merc hold whatever-it-is at bay.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #35
Kaitheel

Developer

You are correct, Kaerkor. Those are heritage quested reward items being counted by the Sage. I'll be adding the missing few (such as Zlandicar's Heart) to the list being counted.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #36
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Conservation of Planar Energy
Questgiver: Brehita the Weaponbreaker in the Services Gallery

I did this on a toon that did NOT do the PoP sig line, and use the beta bauble.

I spoke to Brehita, she gave me the quest, I zoned into the Soulbound Chamber. Once inside, nothing was clickable and Brehita wouldn't speak to me.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #37
Chakaadizze

Maybe I'm missing something? The Scrivener's Tale: In Preparation for Anything, Given by Ramyn Matrick in The Smiths Gallery. Step 3 in my quest journal. "Crest the item for Ramyn in Myrist. Craft the decay suspension scroll for Ramyn." I don't have or cannot find that recipe. Is it called decay suspension scroll recipe?

Also, the quest Conservation of Planar Energy, given by Brehita the Weaponbreaker in the rafter's Gallery. First step, Enter the portal to the Soulbound Chamber. When I enter the chamber the quest does not update, in fact Brehita tells me 'Oi! Move along, will ya?. The first time I left this chamber, I zoned to the Coliseum of Valor where Brehita tells me to get back to the Soulbound Chamber. Whatever for I don't know since she tells me to move along once I'm there.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #38
mitsybitsy

Quest/Collection: The Planes of Power
NPC: Clickable Book ( The Planes of Power ) lets you start seeing collections
Bug: Once completed and Handed in the Reward gives you ( Deadtime Stories of Bertoxxulous ( book ) )
mitsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:53 AM   #39
Kaitheel

Developer

The problem is the quest. It currently requires you to zone into the Soulbound Chamber via Coliseum of Valor. I'll make sure that's changed, but in the mean time you can travel over to Valor and use the portal there to get the proper update.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2018, 02:56 AM   #40
Kaitheel

Developer

I am not sure about this issue, Chakaadizze, as the Scrivener's Tale is part of the tradeskill signature quest line. This might be an issue that has already been posed by other players, or received a comment from development already. I'd suggest you check out that specific thread.

Good luck!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2018, 03:55 AM   #41
Sigrdrifa

Quest: What Stings and Burns
Questgiver:The Unbound Maladjusted Codex

This requires 14 fire wasp eggs. That's a LOT in an area where the openings are small and there are literal swarms of mobs. My barbarian paladin had to use her Billy Doll to navigate in these nests, and I was so over it by 5 eggs. I am fixin' to go hunt some more eggs, but consider reducing this quantity, making fewer wasp swarms, or both! Or maybe make there be many more wasp eggs available.

This was dead easy on my conjy, who just blew up the whole swarms at once, but I'm glad I also am running through this stuff on a low DPS character. It doesn't help that my real opinion of wasps is "nuke them from space".
Old 10-22-2018, 04:11 AM   #42
Balcerak

I saw a lot of bottlenecks in the quests that will cause camping and grief. The eggs from What Stings and Burns, the Doomfire efreeti mages/clerics you need to kill in Dark Power Desires. There are many more instances of this. (Basically any of the quests that say to kill things for drops to continue). It only takes 2 on the same step to cause problems in a zone and if there are more, you end up killing the placeholder mobs only to have others snag the ones you need. This will be worse than the great Thalumbra mess unless more mobs are allowed to drop things or just plain a lot more mobs.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:38 AM   #43
Sigrdrifa

I just flipped over here to comment on the efreeti.

Quest: Dark Power Desires
Questgiver:The Unbound Maladjusted Codex

I am in the Molten Span by myself with no competition for mobs. I am clearing all the efreeti and all the basilisks, but the efreeti repops are slow, the drops are uncommon, and only a few of the efreeti count for this quest. So yes, I agree this is a bottleneck. Maybe make all the efreeti over here work? Or make sure many more priests and wizards are popping. Or make it a guaranteed drop.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #44
Sigrdrifa

The portal is missing in CoV.
[IMG]
Old 10-22-2018, 08:58 AM   #45
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh, thanks for catching that! I'll get that fixed.

Good thing you already have the correct reward in your inventory (The Planes of Power book).

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #46
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Pathosis Less Traveled
Questgiver: Librarian Szeth

There are three people in Detroxxulous, and I'm the only one gathering clot water leeches. I found five, then had to wait a couple of minutes for a respawn to get the last one. This could prove to be a big bottleneck when tons of people swarm the zone after release. Maybe have six leeches visible only to the person who is on the quest, preventing people from fighting over the leeches? Or many more leeches, or a faster leech spawn?
Old 10-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #47
Kaitheel

Developer

Huh, their respawn is immediate, and they can only be gathered by those who need them. I'd suggest looking in the waters on both sides of Last House. They can also spawn under the water, and considering how murky the water is, you may not have seen them. Try [tab] targeting, too. Hope this helps!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #48
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes should be coming with tomorrow's Beta update:
  • Desk Job - You can no longer attempt to gather a newly pressed paper if you are fighting a Wild Gardening book.
  • Conservation of Planar Energy - Entering the Soulbound Chamber will now properly update your quest, no matter what zone you travel from.
  • Myrist lift will automatically return to the Main floor after a few seconds.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #49
Sigrdrifa

Some fixes have clearly been made. On a new beta-buffed toon who had not done PoP, I was able to talk to Brehita and finish her quest, but the dialog with the pot of lava in the Soulbound Chamber isn't working right. I tell it to imbue a single essence, and it does not return a list of imbueable weapons. Halastjarna has three items whose description text says they can be imbued with weapon essences::

• aITEM -61113965 575812297 0 0 0:[Academic's Dagger of Energy]/a
  • aITEM -1398718864 1808320974 0 0 0:[Academic's Symbol of Energy]/a
  • aITEM 1825423938 -1985876858 0 0 0:[Academic's Crossbow of Frenzy]/a
Old 11-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #50
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Fun Cubed
Questgiver: Librarian Rashasha

After placing the pox cubes for Librarian Szeth, he does not have a quest book showing when you go back to talk to him again, and he should.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #51
Kaitheel

Developer

This must have already been resolved, as I wasn't able to reproduce it. Szeth showed the quest complete icon (book) when returning, and then showed the quest offer icon (feather) for the next quest, after completing "Fun Cubed".

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #52
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Desk Job

In the Myrist Conservatory, the sheets of paper are spawning exclusively on the dark tiles. Which makes them really hard to see, even when flapping. I don't recall them being so hard to see the last time I ran through this quest.

[IMG]
Old 11-07-2018, 04:30 AM   #53
Sigrdrifa

I'm going to put this here because Myrist is where the quest starters are. All the "Origins of _____" quests that start by clicking on a book in the Great Library are marked as heroic, even though they are easily soloed in the overland zones. This is true of all four of the ones I've found thus far, and probably includes the others as well:
  • Origins of Ash
  • Origins of Earth
  • Origins of Pestilence
  • Origins of Soil
Old 11-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #54
Chrol

Developer

Will be fixed. Thanks!
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote