EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
Daelini

Suggestion: All I got form this was some coin as a reward. I would REALLY like to have a *gulp* house item with some actual stories in it as a reward. It might be interesting.

Addendum - Not a fan of tons of house items, but this might be interesting to read. I have nowhere to drop all that junk since most is no trade or heirloom and I do not decorate.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh, uh... You must have missed it some where in all of the fun and clickies in Myrist, but you do get a house item book to read. You gathered it to start this collection, and then once you've completed the collection every page of the book is readable.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
Daelini

I gathered the pages, I have the book in my inventory. The book has "Examine" or "Destroy" listed when I right click it, no use. The pages are nowhere in my inventory as they were part of the collection quest. When I turned it in I was given 1p and some gold and silver and nothing else. Admittedly, this was a few days into BETA so it may have changed between then and now - if that is the case, where I can obtain the readable book and pages?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #4
Mercychalice

Suggestion : Please add a sparkle effect or something visual around the pages. I've got poor eyesight, and this is difficult to see.

[IMG]
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #5
Kaitheel

Developer

Unfortunately, I can't. Fluttering pages won't play any sparkles or other states. But I'll move them to other spots that don't have that floor texture.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #6
Mercychalice

That is agreeable. Thank you Kaitheel.. Much appreciated.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #7
Kaitheel

Developer

Right clicking the book should bring up the Read option for you. (Double clicking on the item icon in your inventory should allow you to read it, too.)

Can you CTRL + hover over it and see the house item in your dressing room?

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #8
Daelini

I will look whenever I get home. In the middle of teaching a class atm so I cannot log in.