EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Chrol

Developer

Hello everyone, and welcome to Terrors of Thalumbra beta!

Please post any bugs and/or feedback for the following dungeons (tier listing is the intended level of difficulty, where 1 is the least difficult):

Stygian Threshold [Heroic] – tier 1

Stygian Threshold: The Toxic Pools [Event Heroic] – tier 1
Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway [Event Heroic] – tier 2

Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway [Advanced Solo]
Note: Advanced Solo dungeons are all around tier 1

Stygian Threshold [Agnostic]

The cave entrance that leads to the non-agnostic versions of Stygian Threshold is located in Thalumbra at -676.53, 173.30, 200.36.

Also, please make sure you start your post with the name of the dungeon and the version (e.g. Heroic, Event Heroic, Advanced Solo, Agnostic).

Thanks all, and good luck!

-Chrol
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #2
Enoa

Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway [Advanced Solo]

Troub/Warden
Art etc is good.
Hard to find though.
Too easy? I'll try again tomorrow with a merc. but the Trash through the zone could basically be one shotted with a bow. Named weren't much different. If there were scripts I couldn't tell it died too quick.
It's nice to have a quick solo to blow through in 10 min or less. Took us 6 minutes for first run through which seems a bit too ez.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
Zedd

Kralet Penumbra: Temple of Ill-Seen (Advanced Solo)

After finishing the zone, used an Evac Totem, and can't get out the Exit, door wont highlight .
Old 10-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
Trakanom

Where did you find it?
Trakanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
Sintropy

The last boss (forget his name) in Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway [Advanced Solo] can be 1 shot with Devastation fist. I don't think that is expected behavior even though that zone is pretty easy.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #6
Maripop

I just completed this advanced solo zone, as a Mystic, quest geared mainly. It was slightly difficult on maned mobs, merc died, but I survived it. The trash was way too easy an appeared non social as I could spell pull 1 at a time. The timing of 2 barriers was difficult. It took me more than 10 times to time the click and sprint to other side to to open the barrier to get the last named to spawn. Also only 1 collectible this zone? That is all I could find.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
Chrol

Developer

The advanced solo difficulty will be slightly increased after the next update.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
Bloodguts

That's a welcome change.

The zone looks amazing, but the trash and the bosses were just to easy to kill. The zone was cleared in less in about 5-7 minutes.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #9
Chilton0585

you guys are actually INCREASING difficulty on something? This is an extremely welcome change, and I almost had a heart attack reading it.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #10
Elowith

Might have gotten a tad carried away with the difficulty compared to the other solos now.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #11
Chrol

Developer

A couple of heroic level spells were being cast by Gagrash and Hagrash. That will be fixed.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:34 AM   #12
Ansom

Stygian Threshold [Heroic]

I have done some try on Timbergrod, and we have keep the named at 50% for... 9min? Pretty much, every time the named hit 50% will start the script, but will heal a little bit, at 52-54%.. and at 50% is start again the dance. We have pass the 75% without problem, but at 50%.... is a mess.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #13
Chrol

Developer

He kept the script going and going because he healed up and crossed the 50% health threshold. That'll be removed so he only triggers it once per threshold check.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #14
phlik

Stygian Threshold adv solo
Keep getting stuck zoning into it, tried like 4 times now ;/
phlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 PM   #15
Ansom

Is not a specific problem, all zone have this inconvenience (atm i can't enter in rice to power.. zone not available).
Old 10-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #16
Tipperton

Ok, so now we can get into the Adv. Solo for Stygian, yay, but it's broken, or at least it's broken for me. Killed all the Barkguts, their spirits moved into 1 guy, but now Hagrash is still a ghost. Killed other guy, Hagrash still a ghost. NON Agroable, cannot kill, cannot progress the zone.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:21 PM   #17
Ansom

I have just clean the zone. You have try to track the trash? now some trash run all the time.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #18
Tipperton

Yeah, they were all dead. Even on track. Must have bugged out from killing them too fast. Will wait until I can reset the zone & try to kill them slower. Instead of 5 min run, will have to slow it down to maybe a 10 min run haha
Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
Chrol

Developer

It shouldn't matter how fast you kill the Barkguts. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #20
ZUES

Here's another one Kander and Chrol.

[IMG]
Old 10-30-2015, 06:38 AM   #21
xanthorian

Stygian Threshold : The Howling Gateway [Advanced Solo]

I was using a berserker, mix of red 2/2 and purple 1/1 AoM gear

Mob hp and damage seems to be on the high side, and mercenaries die to ae melee very easily
First set of kobolds, hunters were hitting for 200k max hit, and gatherers for 84k max hit
Hagrash and Gagrash seemed fine, though Gagrash was annoying killing spirits with my tank dps
Bagarash appeared to have way too many hp though 456m, with the stalking hunt masters having around 53m.
I ended up having to do 8 sets of hunter/gatherer clicks over the course of the fight, and the fight took about 23 minutes, over the course of which i took 68m damage. That damage was fine to deal with as a berserker, even with my merc dying very early due to ae melee.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #22
Tabri

Went into the zone today with a guildie he was doing the signature series and required this for his update I was done with the signature series. When each of us clicked the crystal it killed both of us no matter what we did to try to prevent that, then the other crystal that I saw there when I did this same zone the day before yesterday wasnt there hence the last named would not spawn.

He could not solo this on his assassin also the mobs are hitting too hard for him.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #23
Chrol

Developer

Working on the solo Stygian Threshold today. Will be lowering the damage on everything.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #24
ZUES

/like

Since you guys didn't add it to the beta forums. lol
Old 10-30-2015, 06:40 PM   #25
ZUES

I can confirm that the crystal is killing you.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #26
Foretold

Yeah, Bagarash. I was not able to kill him with a pally merc or a healer merc. As soon as the pally merc is dead, I'm toast. As soon as the healer merc is dead, I'm toast. This feels just like the AoM beta. I can't believe this crap is advanced solo.
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
Tipperton

Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway Advanced Solo:

I play a ranger, Kreox, & I usually do NOT use a mercenary.
Trash mobs fairly easy, can easily pull 4 at a time & kill them before they touch me.
Hagrash & Gagrash were easy enough, nice boost to their health to make the fights a little tougher, but still doable.

Bagarash....OMG what happened to him?? LOL. Start of fight I am doing 35mil dps, get him to around 40% & he turned into this big black version & then the fight began. Tons of Health!! As stated by Xanthorian - 456m health. First round, died. Second round, opened up & blew every boost & cooldown I had, start of fight, 72mil dps...40% he turned, died again after a few minutes.
Third round, broke out a healer merc. Unloaded on him again, changed at 40% again, but fortunately between my healing potions & merc, I was able to down him. Was he intended to be this tough??

Overall, I like the challenge, but have to wonder how other classes manage the fight. Will try on my conjuror tomorrow, but dreading it on a healer class, mystic or inquisitor or even my Paladin.

Might need to tune him down a little to make it more feasible for other classes.

Not sure what that is about. Does clicking the dead bodies help the fight?
Old 10-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #28
Sadbast2

Hmm edit box not working so - managed to bully Hagrash down. Merc died quite fast but i just kept piling in and using saves. Very close and im sure this cant be the planned method. 5 spirits (who seem to have masive hitpoints) all beating on me.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #29
Elowith

Balgrash stifles me early in the fight and it never wears off... therefore I die. Is this supposed to happen? Is there something I'm missing?
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:50 PM   #30
Chrol

Developer

Upcoming changes to Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway [Advanced Solo]:
  • Lowered the hp and damage on everything
  • The hunter and gatherer spirits will only be spawned by Hagrash and Gagrash, respectively, every 45 seconds instead of every 30 seconds
  • You will no longer outright die if you use the wrong trinket against Bagarash.
  • Bagarash no longer stifles. Instead, he prevents hostile casting and dazes for 10 seconds.