EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #31
Crest

General

I find at 26th level there are two types of green ^^ critters.  They are the 22^^ that I can solo and take almost no damage and the 23^^ that I can't get to 75% before I am nearly dead.  That one level seems to make a huge difference to me.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:22 PM   #32
kerra

Loremaster

Wow ..that was great! It was well put together and I lauged my [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] off.

Thank you for the shout out that was cool of you.
kerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:25 AM   #33
Thorgrimson20

Ok, newbie question; how did you make your hotkeys so small?
Thorgrimson20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #34
Ala

Thorgrimson2001 wrote:
Ok, newbie question; how did you make your hotkeys so small?

You can download user interface mods from www.eq2interface.com.  I think I must have at least 7 mods includin reduced toolbar size, reduced group size window, enhanced experience bar (with decimal and complete zone name), easier to use quest journal, modified broker search with "hit enter" to search, scrollbar-less chat windows and a few more.

There are tons of mods take a look!

Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 AM   #35
Velor

Hehe, that video rocked Alarr! Well done and very creative.

And thanks for the props at the end too. :smileyhappy:
Velor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:01 AM   #36
Craaq

Loremaster

Loved the video Alarr...have you considered making full length monk related features? Or maybe a weekly episode of a Monk sitcom? Keep on pumping em out :smileyhappy:
Craaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:23 AM   #37
Ala

Craaq wrote:
Loved the video Alarr...have you considered making full length monk related features? Or maybe a weekly episode of a Monk sitcom? Keep on pumping em out :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the comments!

I really can't make "full length" movies (full length gaming movies being 4 - 7 minutes)... once the clip hits about 4 minutes, Windows Movie Maker tends to suck my computer dry of memory (over 1GIG) and I'm unable to further edit the clip.  So I tend to keep all clips under 3 minutes.  I've done 3 "mini" movies so far for EQ2 but really havn't invested much time as of yet.  I do have some ideas...  While playing SWG for a year I made quite a few.

Here are my favorite videos I made playing SWG:

1. Go Rebel
    SWG was centered around the Galactic Civil War and PvP between the Rebelion and the Empire.  This was a "recruitment" video to encourage neutral players to "Go Rebel".

2. Field Trip to Sunrunner
    One of my guild members played on another server (Sunrunner) and told me there was a major PvP event goingon, something like 40 Rebels vs. 40 Imperial players.  I started a new character on the server and filmed much of the battle. 

3. Rancor Solution #9
    One of the higher level mobs in SWG were Rancors.  This video is a group of us (about 12) hunting for Rancors.

4. Rebels Can Dance
    After making the "Go Rebel" video, Imperial playeres made an Emperial Recruitment video.  This was my response.  I think this one is funny. One nice thing about making movies in SWG is you can simulate "singin" with a yawn social.  

5. Dueling Newbies
    In some cases, veteran players whom had mastered a profession would prey on newbies, basically squashing them. A lot of people got off on this.  They would disguise themself as a newpayer and ask other new players to duel.  This is kind of a spoof.  This is a funny video but you may not get all the humor unless you've PvPed in SWG. 

6. Krayt Headlines
    Another guild asked me to film a video for them.  Our target was another very high level spawn, and a rare spawn called teh Krayt Dragon.  I like this video... Of course, you'll recognize the "newpaper" effect.

If you want to see all the videos I made you can click here. But the above are my favorites.

I plan to make many ore videos but they take a bit too much time to do one every week.  I'll be sure to post when I have a new one ready. 

SMILEY