EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #31
Nask

It said Brawlers get 5 points per level.  I would assume only monks/bruisers then get this...

Also, the Oracle tower is definitely the way to go.  First try the ridge right by the griffon tower, raise your skill to 80-90ish.   Then head to the eastern side of the Oracle tower, and there is another large steep cliff that you can run up.  I got my skill up to 100 near the oracle tower in about 25 minutes from 50 skill.  And I've noticed your skill is more likely to go up if you can take damage from the fall if it doesn't work.
Lucan D'Lere Server
Nask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #32
oto

Hehe, I got my safe fall to 103 and immediately thought of the mage tower in sq. I tried the top one first (SPLAT!). Then the second (SPLAT!). Even the bottom one killed me (Barely, 100 more hp and I would be ok). But my guild thought it was funny, had to have scared the crap out of people at the bottom when I died though. SMILEYHaving a blast skilling this up all in one session though.
oto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:02 AM   #33
Neimhidh

Loremaster

the trick in the mage tower in sq is to jump between the platforms, not all the way down.

Badbh, Monk, Unrest
Cliaranach, Dirge, Unrest
Cxaxukluth, Fury, Venekor
Neimhidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 AM   #34
Wintermoo

This reminds me of EQ1.  I spent a long time just running up mountains and jumping off in Everfrost to max it out.  Over and over and over and over and over.../sigh...ahh the memories lol.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #35
Squidwalk

So I hear monks level up 5 points in it each time we level. That's cool, but why didn't they make it retroactive? I mean if I'm level 20 I should be at skill level 80 or so at least, just from 5 points a level. The rest I should need to level up manually.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #36
oto

Neimhidh wrote:
the trick in the mage tower in sq is to jump between the platforms, not all the way down.

I did that too eventually, I just wanted to see what all I could get away with. Debt is no big deal when you are out to have fun.
oto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #37
Cora

Sigh it's like 50 jumps to get 1 skill at 100+

I can't wait to jump down zek mine
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 AM   #38
Nask

Once you reach 90-100 skill, jump off the east side of the Oracle tower, really nice cliff you can run up fast.  Once you hit 135-140ish, starts to get tougher to level here.  Go to Windstalker Village to the SE corner, and there  is a big cliff you can jump from, and at 150 skill I was still taking about 30% damage when I took damage.  I assume I could jump off that up to about 180 skill.  At that point I'm sure you could use the mage tower...
Lucan D'Lere Server
Nask is offline   Reply With Quote