EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
Vanyl

I dont know about any one else but after "Big Update" I went in and fought a Green++  darn near dead in 3 hits
Fought a Blue almost dead like 3% health left
Fought a White dead..

now I am a 23 Monk with a ac of 670 and fully buffed..

When I scrolled through the battles..  not a single parry or deflect..

ok I hate to ask but did they bug the deflection again.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
eldo

I wouldnt know... I cant log in yet SMILEY
eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Gaige

Loremaster

Nope, works fine for me.  They upped the damage of group mobs a bit though.  You aren't supposed to solo them.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:39 AM   #4
Vanyl

Did you read my last two mobs...  they were not group mobs they were solo..

1 blue
1 white

in either case not 1 parry  not 1 deflect
Old 01-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #5
Cyngii

Loremaster

I have tanked quite a bit since patch with plenty of parries/dodges/blocks/ripostes you name it.  I was able to solo a couple of green ++ mobs with the help of mend for security, and lost big time to a few others (stupid group caster mobs).  The only thing i can think of is at 23 the green mobs would potentially be below the level 20 mob boost.  There are some undead double up arrow mobs at the entrance to TS that are level 19 i think.  The blue and white mobs would definitely be above the level 20 mark and would be a lot tougher.  Just a thought.  Are you sure you don't have the combat text filtered out? 

Cyngii
70 Monk/70 Tailor/75 AP
Club Fu
Blackburrow Server
Cyngii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
buggz620

Loremaster

I killed some green ^^ before patch. Day of patch i went back and killed same mobs to see if any diff seemed no diff then night before.To be honest i havnt noticed any differance except we cant equipped shileds now.
buggz620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
Rukar

What level were the green mobs you were fighting? I'm also a 23 monk, just over 1k hp and about 786 AC. My gear is nothing fancy - finished first 3 AQs and all my other armor is orange, jewellery is blue to orange, wielding Firwood Fighting Baton and Ebon Quarterstaff. I find that the level 20 ^^ mobs will kick my [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], whereas the 19s are cake. I would say that it's more to do with the increase in damage to the group mobs. The 19s barely hit me. The 20s hit a bit more, but they hurt a lot more. Not much trouble from blues most of the time, but it seems like it depends on the mob sometimes. Level 21 blues I don't usually break a sweat over, but level 22s can sometimes be a bit of a workout. Haven't tried any evens yet. I have noticed a bit of a difference in deflection/parry. It seems like I do get hit less than I did pre patch, but I haven't played quite long enough to really tell yet. I'll know better tonight.
Rukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
buggz620

Loremaster

Mobs where 34^^ think i was 38 or 39. Seemed the same prepatch and post. But for me when i was in my 20s I couldnt solo ^^ greens they always handed my butt to me.
buggz620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
GangsterFi

I was tanking level 49 and level 50 mobs when I was level 44 in permafrost with my monk. If you got a good healer you can tank anything pretty much.
GangsterFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Yor

lol anyone can take mobs with a good healer, thats not his point.

I agree, things dont seem to be quite right.

Im level 30, i need  more item for my giant lore n legend quest so i went to kill some giants.

I figured since it was an auto quest drop from the mobs greys would do just fine.

Started beating on a giant, grey ^^ he was, level 24. That i find odd in itself being im 6 levels higher.

For about 30 seconds i did fine, got him to 60% health while i was still around 95% then what the hell, he hits me twice for 400 points, so i use trusty FD, it fails, i get up and run, cant use mend while running, stand try and cast it get hit, run a bit more Fd, yippee it failed again and im dead.

All is not right. And no im not just unlucky...
Yor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #11
GangsterFi

Yorki wrote:
lol anyone can take mobs with a good healer, thats not his point.
I agree, things dont seem to be quite right.
Im level 30, i need more item for my giant lore n legend quest so i went to kill some giants.
I figured since it was an auto quest drop from the mobs greys would do just fine.
Started beating on a giant, grey ^^ he was, level 24. That i find odd in itself being im 6 levels higher.
For about 30 seconds i did fine, got him to 60% health while i was still around 95% then what the hell, he hits me twice for 400 points, so i use trusty FD, it fails, i get up and run, cant use mend while running, stand try and cast it get hit, run a bit more Fd, yippee it failed again and im dead.
All is not right. And no im not just unlucky...

++ and other group mobs are not meant to be soloed. SOE recently upped all damage tables on group mobs. The other night, a druid in my group got killed in two hits in permafrost because of the increased damage all group mobs do.Monks are tanks, in a group you kill group mobs. Solo, you should kill solo mobs. They are designing the game to keep group and solo content seperate. Thats just how it is. I can still solo green ++'s but barely. I have to use compress wounds a lot too when I solo now. Sometimes I can fly right through a green ++, and other times I struggle to beat them. Group mobs are just plain out harder to beat, and not intended to be soloed.Also, at level 30 your equipment probably needs changing. I know you get that nice light armor breast plate in RE at level 32, along with some of the engraved leather drops. So, if you are still sporting a full set of quest armor at level 30, that means you got some grey pieces, and ya need to keep them upgraded.
GangsterFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #12
stfields

Loremaster

I had no problems tanking (27 monk).  I tanked for about 12 hours over the past 3 days (mostly yellow and orange group encounters).  I evaded/parried/etc a lot and am quite pleased. 
60 Monk ~ RETIRED
stfields is offline   Reply With Quote