EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
Nephel

Loremaster

So will there be any double exp weekend... over say Labor day?

May was last exp weekend iirc

any speculations... SMILEY

Nephel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
Priddles
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Carpe Diem

Loremaster

Hopefully soon, have a couple chars I need to do some AA grinding with that I can't bring myself to do it with normally.

I understand why they're rare, but labor day does seem like a perfect time.

Priddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
Regolas

Loremaster

It's a good bet, they did labor day weekend last year.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Wasn't the last double EXP over 4th of July? That was barely a month ago.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Sloke
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Legion of Truthseekers

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wasn't the last double EXP over 4th of July? That was barely a month ago.

Yes, there was double exp on July 4th. However it was mid-week and lasted only a day or so. I am pretty sure they have run double exp every Labor Day weekend.... At least that is what my foggy memory is telling me.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Yes, there will be one over Labor Day weekend.  It's a tradition with SOE.  Look at it this way... if you are playing this during the holiday you probably aren't playing something else.  Thus, you are most likely going to spend something money wise here. 

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
feldon30

Fansite Staff

The next Double XP weekend will be a nightmare. Most of the instances which were viable for quick XP have been patched, which will force even more players into the already congested contested zones.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

The next Double XP weekend will be a nightmare. Most of the instances which were viable for quick XP have been patched, which will force even more players into the already congested contested zones.

Was there a ninja change to exp per kill that I missed?The actual EXP Chelsith was nerfed?The 3 loping plains instances were nerfed?The 3 everfrost zones were nerfed?The 3 Commonlands zones were nerfed?The Lavastorm heroics were nerfed?The 3 Guk Zones were nerfed?The 3 Obelisk zones were nerfed?The 3 Hole zones were nerfed?The 3 Stonebrunt zones were nerfed?The 3 Vasty Deep zones were nerfed?If someone can do all those zones, and still have spare change on the 90 minute lockout timers, you are bringing in EXP insanely fast. If you can not clear all those zones (and more) in under 90 minutes, there is no room for complaining.OHHhhhhhhh wait, now I get it...!By "instances which were viable for quick exp", do you actually mean the instances where you could "set and forget", requiring little/no user input to grind out the EXP for hours on end (eg: chelsith blobs and anathama ghosts)? That would make sense, because when it comes to grinding AAs, there is a plethora of instanced content available.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Was there a ninja change to exp per kill that I missed?The actual EXP Chelsith was nerfed?The 3 loping plains instances were nerfed?The 3 everfrost zones were nerfed?The 3 Commonlands zones were nerfed?The Lavastorm heroics were nerfed?The 3 Guk Zones were nerfed?The 3 Obelisk zones were nerfed?The 3 Hole zones were nerfed?The 3 Stonebrunt zones were nerfed?The 3 Vasty Deep zones were nerfed?If someone can do all those zones, and still have spare change on the 90 minute lockout timers, you are bringing in EXP insanely fast. If you can not clear all those zones (and more) in under 90 minutes, there is no room for complaining.OHHhhhhhhh wait, now I get it...!By "instances which were viable for quick exp", do you actually mean the instances where you could "set and forget", requiring little/no user input to grind out the EXP for hours on end (eg: chelsith blobs and anathama ghosts)? That would make sense, because when it comes to grinding AAs, there is a plethora of instanced content available.

I think he is talking about how much lower xp /kill is in each of those zones when compard to mobs of the same level in  sebelis/mistmoore etc

Still on doubles i stay out of the public zones and let the raiders fight over em. 

instances become worthwhile on doubles.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
Avirodar
Server: Oasis

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

I think he is talking about how much lower xp /kill is in each of those zones when compard to mobs of the same level in  sebelis/mistmoore etc

Still on doubles i stay out of the public zones and let the raiders fight over em. 

instances become worthwhile on doubles.

So you can...A) Take the chance, and compete for kills in contested areas. But do so knowing that it is possible you may end up standing around for extended periods of time, waiting for mobs to respawn...Or...B) Use a long, long, long list of available instanced heroic zones, where even if the EXP may not be quite as "good", it is a guaranteed return without having to compete with any other players, especially during competitive time periods.And people have a problem with what, exactly?

Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So you can...A) Take the chance, and compete for kills in contested areas. But do so knowing that it is possible you may end up standing around for extended periods of time, waiting for mobs to respawn...Or...B) Use a long, long, long list of available instanced heroic zones, where even if the EXP may not be quite as "good", it is a guaranteed return without having to compete with any other players, especially during competitive time periods.And people have a problem with what, exactly?

I don't.  Double is good.  I got over a 100aa to get to 280 on alts 27 and 28 so I can burn to 92.

Maybe I'll just go outside instead though been boring as heck playing on empty servers for a while now.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

I love it. But then agan I am on Naggy and we have ways for thinining out the congestionSMILEY

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Grumble69

Loremaster

And once again I'd like to ask the Devs for an "account token" (or whatever) for us to do our double xp weekends on some other day.  1) It helps out those of us with other plans, and 2) it helps alleviate the log jam and whining that occurs when everybody floods the public instances.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #14
Juggercap

Elder

I remember when you had to gain XP uphill in the snow both ways. Now it seems that this topic comes up if there hasn't been double xp in the last 2 weeks. Get off my lawn!

On a more serious note, everything I just said but without the sarcasm.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Maecenas

Loremaster

Bring back the grind 100%. Too many potions, # of character bonus, Double XP weekends, etc. Blackburrow needs you!!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
Kewstu121

Loremaster

Nephel wrote:

So will there be any double exp weekend... over say Labor day?

May was last exp weekend iirc

any speculations...

If you have played since Free to Play started just goto your /claim and get the XP Potion which is for 4 hours of double XP.

Kewstu121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
DarkelfOften

Defender

Yeah for AA reasons I need a double xp weekend right now, adventure lvling is not enough and the aa grind is a nightmare for what I'm currently doing. I cant get over 5 aa points a day. I would pay for a double xp weekend. Trying to get max aa points on a charcter before, it exspands to allow more at higher lvls got my slider to 80% aa and trying to lvl that way. Its not fun.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster

I find it much easier to get xp when it's not a double xp weekend.

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I was commenting on the recent Anathema nerf.

For the nostaligic above, low-level grouping was rewarding, interesting, and challenging. It wasn't a race to get to the endgame. The level cap was also 50 (or 60). Now it's 92 with 320 AAs to get. All the level 1-80 content is ridiculously easy to solo, it's become boring.

When something is fun, and you get something out of it, you don't care how long the journey takes. When something is dull, you want it over as quickly as possible.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

I was commenting on the recent Anathema nerf.

For the nostaligic above, low-level grouping was rewarding, interesting, and challenging. It wasn't a race to get to the endgame. The level cap was also 50 (or 60). Now it's 92 with 320 AAs to get. All the level 1-80 content is ridiculously easy to solo, it's become boring.

When something is fun, and you get something out of it, you don't care how long the journey takes. When something is dull, you want it over as quickly as possible.

Not boring for those of us who came late to the game and haven't done all the lower end content. sigh wish I could have experienced the lower level grouping instead of having my 1st three toons PL to be able to play with my friends. but I do understand those of yoiu who have been with the game since the beginning and hope they stop nerfing the uncontested instances so that those of us who still enjoy the journey can even on bonus XP weekends.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #21
Nephel

Loremaster

Ahhh Did not realize there was one on 4th of July.... Hah  had barbecue and and parades and Carnivals to attend... SO much stuff to do in the Human lands that I missed it..

Thanks for pointing that one out  SMILEY

Nephel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
Deago

Loremaster

Nephel wrote:

Ahhh Did not realize there was one on 4th of July.... Hah  had barbecue and and parades and Carnivals to attend... SO much stuff to do in the Human lands that I missed it..

Thanks for pointing that one out 

Believe me you won the holiday SMILEY 

Seriously its like "oh I would rather have double exp and sit behind a screen going duuuuhhhhh /grind"  instead of doing ....just saying....

SMILEY

Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

I think that other game gets triple XP weekends now, or maybe just triple xp for Refer a friend.

Maybe its time for EQ2's first ever TRIPLE XP WEEKEND!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

Couldn't agree more with this sentiment.  I sit her considering a double weekend, and I just think, meh.  I already have more characters at 92/320 than I care to play.  The idea of bringing up another one sounds very dull, it just becomes more lines in my gear spreadsheet to fill in.

I'm thinking if there is a double xp event, that it includes the BG xp rewards.  Lately I've been getting toons maxed AA in BGs, not cause its a good way to earn AA, but because its the only way left to me to do it that doesn't bore me to the point I want to find something else to play instead.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #25
bks6721

Loremaster

tbh... I'd prefer to never see another double xp weekend.  I recently deleted 7 level 92/320's and I still have 11 at the cap.  From now on, my weekends will be fun.  New content is coming too slow these days and I'm losing interest fast.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
Regolas

Loremaster

Paully, I don't think I could ever bring myself to delete toons over level 50! But then I "only" have 1 @ 92/320 and a couple at 90. They took (to me) a lot of time and investment so it would be hard to walk away from them (while I still enjoy playing). I still have my eq1 toons that I invested hundreds of days playtime, even though I never play eq1 anymore. I regret giving away the rare stuff from them when I quit!
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
bks6721

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

Paully, I don't think I could ever bring myself to delete toons over level 50! But then I "only" have 1 @ 92/320 and a couple at 90. They took (to me) a lot of time and investment so it would be hard to walk away from them (while I still enjoy playing). I still have my eq1 toons that I invested hundreds of days playtime, even though I never play eq1 anymore. I regret giving away the rare stuff from them when I quit!

lol,   I thought about it for a very long time before I did it.  I found myself spending way too much time playing so many different characters.  I still have 15 that I play at least a few times a week.  The ones I deleted seemed to all fit into the same category. They all leveled fast, had minimal quests done and the least amount of grouping.  Two of them where also 92 crafters so I had to relevel those trades on two of my existing adv capped characters.

but the announcement is out now.. double xp this weekend.  Have fun everyone.  The wife and I will be out riding the Electra Glide for the weekend.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
DarkelfOften

Defender

Yes a glorious duoble xp weekend will be had! I intend to use potions as well on said double xp weekend combined with my 60% vet bonus it will be wonderful!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote