EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
thephantomposter

Loremaster

I am 85 SK with 320 AAs, my gear is decent, half masters, half adepts. I have a merc healer with me.

Am I supposed to be able to kill 2 epic guards, 85 x2 epics, without leaving green health and my merc heals me 2 or 3 times?

They went down easier  than some single ^^^ heroics I have faced.

Just curious

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Yes. Neriak guards are ridiculously overconned.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
DarkelfOften

Defender

You should not be bothering the guards unless your on a pvp server or trying to get vitta as a merc.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Yes! The guards are great XP when you just want to rip your eyes out from Chelsith. Go at 'em

Old 08-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
tunnelassembler

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

You should not be bothering the guards unless your on a pvp server or trying to get vitta as a merc.

...or unless you're looking for populated areas so you can hand out your fresh cut roses. The area between the broker and banker usually has a decent group of PCs, but there's 8-10 guards inbetween there and the entrance, and 2 more in the area itself.

tunnelassembler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Zygar

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

So they are easy to kill and great xp, but we "should not be bothering" them? Sorry, I guess I need to find out if there are any others I need to avoid. Please enlighten us.

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Zygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

They're Dark Elf guards. They expect to be backstabbed. It would be rude to deny them their expectations. Besides, it keeps them on their toes & wary; good training.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
DarkelfOften

Defender

Zygar wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

So they are easy to kill and great xp, but we "should not be bothering" them? Sorry, I guess I need to find out if there are any others I need to avoid. Please enlighten us.

I just mean its a bit upseting to go into your city and see guards being killed on your way to the broker, and if its not a pvp server (wich I have never been on) there are not going to be alot of players defending the city, so where is the challenge of raiding Nerik?

I would say the same for kethlin, new halas and coraywn which I also have characters that have these as there city. As for xp, there are infinte mobs that give xp, so why city Guards? People dont like to see the other faction in there killing stuff. It may make them feel bad.

I could do it against any city with one of my three 90's but dont see the point. In fact I will wave at members of the opsing faction ordnarly if I see them just going about there busness. If someone has a reason for being there and killing guards it is understandable, after all there are opssing sides.

All in all I dont feel to strongly about this ether way, its just a triffle upsetting and creates a disturbance in the city needless and I dont see the point. Yet if its what someone enjoys doing because it makes them feel like they are fighting the other faction I understand that as well. Just my two cents.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
thephantomposter

Loremaster

Started my epic, so while I was in Neriak I noticed they had feathers(sentient  beings) so I tried a pair just for kicks. I expected to be slammed. I was wrong.

On another note, my merc had a feather too. I guess that explains why he is always behind me SMILEY he was hoping I wouldn't notice

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Zygar

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

Zygar wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

I just mean its a bit upseting to go into your city and see guards being killed on your way to the broker, and if its not a pvp server (wich I have never been on) there are not going to be alot of players defending the city, so where is the challenge of raiding Nerik?

I would say the same for kethlin, new halas and coraywn which I also have characters that have these as there city. As for xp, there are infinte mobs that give xp, so why city Guards? People dont like to see the other faction in there killing stuff. It may make them feel bad.

I could do it against any city with one of my three 90's but dont see the point. In fact I will wave at members of the opsing faction ordnarly if I see them just going about there busness. If someone has a reason for being there and killing guards it is understandable, after all there are opssing sides.

All in all I dont feel to strongly about this ether way, its just a triffle upsetting and creates a disturbance in the city needless and I dont see the point. Yet if its what someone enjoys doing because it makes them feel like they are fighting the other faction I understand that as well. Just my two cents.

I play on a PvE server, which is not a RP server either, so it's not like I'm breaking character or anything. I posted before as to why people would want to kill guards. Easy XP. It's as simple as that. And if people "feel bad" about seeing computer generated, computer controlled pixels getting "killed", they should not be playing this game. As was stated WAY back in the original D&D roleplaying game: Players are not their characters. There should be a huge separation between the two and if you are at the point where you feel more than mildly annoyed with "your" guards getting killed (again, I'm not on a RP server or RPing) you might wait until you are a bit more emotionally mature before playing games such as these.

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Old 08-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
DarkelfOften

Defender

@Zygar

Suspinsion of disbelf and pretend is what makes a game fun. You care about things in the context of playing a game, the same way that if the writer is good, you care about what happens to characters in a novel. Of course you are not your charcter, thats silly. Yet it is a MMORPG: Massivly multiplayer online role playing game. Use your imagination. People have always cared about games and pretend, but only in the context of a game. Consider the way people talk about and debate lore, its not real but people do this. That is the actual playing part of it. You care but you dont really care, see what I mean?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Zygar

Loremaster

And that is why they have Role Playing servers as I said, for people who want to stay in character and "get into the character, lore etc.." On a regular server most of, if not darn near all of the players care about leveling, gearing up, and having fun with the people behind the toons while grouping/raiding. What I'm responding to was your comments like "You should not be bothering the guards". Where did that come from? There are good reasons to kill the guards in Neriak, and it's not like they perform any real duties which would affect Nerian PCs at all. They don't defend from other NPCs, and they respawn in like 5 minutes or less. If SOE didn't want them to be attcked they would have made them nontargetable or buffed so big noone would try.

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
japanfour

Loremaster

Someone of the opposite faction being sad over the city guards being killed in a game. Hilarious.

japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
Michayla

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

@Zygar

Suspinsion of disbelf and pretend is what makes a game fun. You care about things in the context of playing a game, the same way that if the writer is good, you care about what happens to characters in a novel. Of course you are not your charcter, thats silly. Yet it is a MMORPG: Massivly multiplayer online role playing game. Use your imagination. People have always cared about games and pretend, but only in the context of a game. Consider the way people talk about and debate lore, its not real but people do this. That is the actual playing part of it. You care but you dont really care, see what I mean?

Are you a roleplayer? Because as a roleplayer, I couldn't care less if a raider is sitting there farming AA for their 384374834th toon.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #15
DarkelfOften

Defender

[email protected] wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

@Zygar

Are you a roleplayer? Because as a roleplayer, I couldn't care less if a raider is sitting there farming AA for their 384374834th toon.

Only in the most minor concivable way do I care. About the same as I would care if the guards themelves added silver sholder spikes to there armor, if the ratonga broker got 6 inces taller or they changed the music in nerik to a similer compasition with a ten percent difrence in the music. so yeah not that much. I bascily just enjoying chating in threads, about random subjects but dont think my comments here actully worthy of defending to this degree. This has gotten silly to a point. Yet I always try to respond to most posts directed at me. I was simply exspressing a addmitedly eccentric minor anyonce. I would actully rather people go ahead and farm the guards than continue with this. lol

Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
Michayla

Loremaster

DarkelfOften wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

@Zygar

Only in the most minor concivable way do I care. About the same as I would care if the guards themelves added silver sholder spikes to there armor, if the ratonga broker got 6 inces taller or they changed the music in nerik to a similer compasition with a ten percent difrence in the music. so yeah not that much. I bascily just enjoying chating in threads, about random subjects but dont think my comments here actully worthy of defending to this degree. This has gotten silly to a point. Yet I always try to respond to most posts directed at me. I was simply exspressing a addmitedly eccentric minor anyonce. I would actully rather people go ahead and farm the guards than continue with this. lol

If your care is so little, why do you make statements like "You should not kill guards unless you are getting Vitta or on a PvP server" ?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
DarkelfOften

Defender

[email protected] wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

@Zygar

If your care is so little, why do you make statements like "You should not kill guards unless you are getting Vitta or on a PvP server" ?

An inane comment.

Edit: i'm crently rping in a non rp server, but not all out, in repect to the fact that its a non rp server, but am creating a character on the rp server for the fun of staying in character as you enjoy instdead of teansfering a toon. 

Seems like it would be more fun to build a all in all rp charter from scatch and build the story entirly from a rp perspective. I need to resrch the lore more carfully first though.

I'm always looking to make new freinds to rp with btw. Out of curoisty what race do you rp and dose the comunity tolant of adaptations and lore slip ups?

I'm not a prefessional role player and just sort of rp my toon as I see them, causal for now withourt following any protacall or rp rules of wich I know little about.