EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
DarkelfOften

Defender

Soga or legacy solution, roll a freeblood because:

1. Firstly they look the same to everyone as far as I can tell there is no alt apearence, you can be sure you charcter will be seen as you intended.

2. Secondly they have better character design, for exsample, you can actully see there indivegual toes on there feet and there is more detail to there body and face.

3.  You have a second apearence option with demon form so you can look pretty or frightening depending on your mood.

Additonal comments: I was wrong about the female freebloods face, with the right customasation they can look great and uniqe, intresting bone structure. I made one as my fury as a sister character to my male freeblood SK and I am very happy with her.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
DarkelfOften

Defender

I just got freeblood acsessory pack for my second freeblood, the female I mentioned in OP, I suggest you get this with every freeblood otherwise they dont feel complete. Also a arasinia (Cant spell that, evil fey) Has only one apearence option but less detail.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #3
General_Info

Lord

DarkelfOften wrote:

Soga or legacy solution, roll a freeblood because:

1. Firstly they look the same to everyone as far as I can tell there is no alt apearence, you can be sure you charcter will be seen as you intended.

2. Secondly they have better character design, for exsample, you can actully see there indivegual toes on there feet and there is more detail to there body and face.

3.  You have a second apearence option with demon form so you can look pretty or frightening depending on your mood.

1) if people are so bothered by others seeing them as bald and not as intented they can set up an alternate apperance, personally i dont care if i'm seen in a SOGA model.

2) they have better design because you have to fork out $20 to even play as one

3) It's basically just fluff

Freebloods aren't all positives i remeber a thread specificly outlined issues with the creation and customization one slider was affecting another aspect resulting in less customization then any of the other races.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Yimway

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

1) if people are so bothered by others seeing them as bald and not as intented they can set up an alternate apperance, personally i dont care if i'm seen in a SOGA model.

There is no 'alternate appearance' of the barbarian race that even loosely resembles the everquest lexicon, much less my legacy model.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Leawyn

Loremaster

your solution is terrible because not everyone has access to freebloods, and not everyone even likes their appearance. i'm glad you found a solution that works for you, but it doesnt really solve the actual problem...

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

So your solution is to have everyone roll Freeblood.

What was your thought process on this?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Leinna

Loremaster

I tend to agree that Freebloods feel a little unfinished and unpolished looking.

You could also place a Kera, Sarnak, Fea, Froglock, etc; as non of them have alternative modules either.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
Gilasil

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I tend to agree that Freebloods feel a little unfinished and unpolished looking.

You could also place a Kera, Sarnak, Fea, Froglock, etc; as non of them have alternative modules either.

Or Iksar

Which have the advantage of being way cooler. SMILEY

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

your solution is terrible because not everyone has access to freebloods, and not everyone even likes their appearance.

Some of us don't even like the fact that they're in the game, which is yet another reason the OP's solution is no solution at all.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

I don't like the look of the Freeblood, at all.  In my opinion, they are almost as ugly as the SOGA models.  I did race change my Fae inquis to a Freeblood just to get the house, but as soon as I was able to, I race changed her back to Fae.  I'm glad the Freeblood race works as a solution for you though. 

Edit: spelling

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Juggercap

Elder

[email protected] wrote:

I don't like the look of the Freeblood, at all. ...

Pretty much this. This is only a solution if you like how this race looks...and this race looks horrible.

Also, clearly Ratonga is the way to go if you're picking a race that doesn't have multiple designs.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

I'm sorry, I don't wish to play a toon that looks like a Joan Rivers plastic surgery disaster done in the back alley of some third world nation, thank you very much.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
Novusod

Loremaster

Freebloods are hidious. I want my character to look healthy and not look like an undead zombie. SOGA or bust.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #14
DarkelfOften

Defender

There is no need to bash freebloods they are my favorite race next to highelf have the most detail, and are the most uniqe in the game. I always wanted to play a vampire in a MMO outside of forsakenworld, you know in a real MMO, also one thats not totaly designed around vampires.

My male freeblood is handsome and my female freeblood is uniqe, with a elegant bazzarly apealing cat woman like bone structure. Fey is also a option but they lack as much detail, though they are really pretty non the less. I have a good and evil fey because I like them so much.

Elves and fey are really what I prefer to play in a MMO, also vampires aprently. I also like eudirites, they can be very pretty and sweet faced in soga. Also they are uniqe. I have tried other races but usally end up deleiting them before 20.

The barb female in soga with blond hair reminds me of someone I use to know well but never really liked, to visious, the legacy reminds me of my old high school gym teacher with blond hair and a tan because of the nose I think, all she needs is a whistle around her neck. EQ1 barbs are pretty but there armor choices are ugly.

Gnomes have that ugly big nose thing going and halflings are fat. Dwarfs remind me of sinister little men, and kind of freak me out. Female ogres are passible in soga but the legacy version makes me litrally gag, so they are out.

Female trolls look like the thing that came out of the bath tub in the shinning with pointy ears, so a big no there, would actully give me nightmares. (Incidentally the black lavastorm lizard you can tame as a warder has a face like that horrible thing from the movie insidious, I literally hear the dancing through the tulips song when looking at it, and whats worse is the thing smiles at you, *Shivers*).

What to say about the antromorphic animal races? Iskar, are cool, I lvled one to 20 before deleting it, but I just never could relate to talking animals enough to play them.

Same thing with the tigers. Therrrr great, but still would not want to play one. I take my fantasy seriously.

Ratagona remind me of a cruder version of the wind and the williows type thing, which could have been charming ( magic talking animals) but did not make it in this case. I really prefer them as npcs in any case.

I wonder how many froglocks are named after mister toad from toad hall? They should have a motor car as a racial mount. Just kidding lol.

Half elfs are a cool comprmise for some but I dont like the idea of interspecies relationships required to make them. Not interacial but interspecies. Wood elfs and humans together give me the creeps. Yet the half elfs themselves are alright.

Also I dont understand why there own wood elf mothers or fathers would not love and care for them. If they are supposed to be so accepting why would the half elfs be misfits or outcasts and not welcome in wood elf socity? It is the kinky wood elf mother or fathers fault after all.

My favorite race in eq1 are the dragon people, I like there look though it should have been updated and bad combat animations. Dont give me snarlak, they are totaly antromorphic, unlike the draconic people of eq1.

You know I miss cerescent reach but the only reason I really mostly stoped playing eq1 was the lack of aperence armor choices for the characters.

They actully look better as thery are when you first create them before you equip armor, in the cloths the come with. If that was a option to hide armor I would return to eq1 part time. The only exception is wood elf rangers they look good in there eq1 armor.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #15
Bekkr

Tester

Weird post is weird.

That is all.

Bekkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #16
DarkelfOften

Defender

I would have made a thrid freeblood eventaily as I hope to one day have one charcter of every class, and one more of them might be freeblood, but 25 bucks is alot to pay for the freeblood acessery pack and they feel incomplete without there stuff. I have already bought it twice for 2 diffrent freebloods. If you ask me it should be like 40 or 50 bucks outright to unlock freebloods and every one you make comes with there stuff and you dont have to buy it indevegally.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
General_Info

Lord

DarkelfOften wrote:

There is no need to bash freebloods they are my favorite race next to highelf have the most detail, and are the most unique in the game. I always wanted to play a vampire in a MMO outside of forsakenworld, you know in a real MMO, also one thats not totaly designed around vampires.

Half elfs are a cool comprmise for some but I dont like the idea of interspecies relationships required to make them. Not interacial but interspecies. Wood elves and humans together give me the creeps. Yet the half elves themselves are alright.

Everyone who has responded is not 'bashing' freebloods anymroe then you are bashing the other races. it is your oppinon that freebloods are the best since sliced bread and some are happy for you but do not share your oppinon.

freebloods are a only solution for those that care how people see their toons and actually like the look of freebloods.

Untill they make it so SOGA/legacy models are both loaded at once and toons are given a prefered personal model rendering priority (with other clients having an override option) no true solution exists.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #18
DarkelfOften

Defender

General_Info wrote:

DarkelfOften wrote:

There is no need to bash freebloods they are my favorite race next to highelf have the most detail, and are the most unique in the game. I always wanted to play a vampire in a MMO outside of forsakenworld, you know in a real MMO, also one thats not totaly designed around vampires.

Half elfs are a cool comprmise for some but I dont like the idea of interspecies relationships required to make them. Not interacial but interspecies. Wood elves and humans together give me the creeps. Yet the half elves themselves are alright.

Everyone who has responded is not 'bashing' freebloods anymroe then you are bashing the other races. it is your oppinon that freebloods are the best since sliced bread and some are happy for you but do not share your oppinon.

freebloods are a only solution for those that care how people see their toons and actually like the look of freebloods.

Untill they make it so SOGA/legacy models are both loaded at once and toons are given a prefered personal model rendering priority (with other clients having an override option) no true solution exists.

What you say is true, I should have simply said some of the characters, have only one apreances and players have the option of choosing such a race, until the above solution you outline is, if it ever is put in effect. I guess I just got carried away because I like the race and wanted to reccomend it to others because they might likewise enjoy it. Point taken.