EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Thought i would start a new thread with made items with a discription of what it was made out of... i'm well chuffed with this creation... i know there are others out there as well but i dont think i  have seen one like this ...

well here goe's...

Its made up of...

3 sumac chests (for the body), 2 Kromzek Keg's (for the buttons), 2 small weathered kegs ( for the taps), 1 briarwood trough (for the over spill tray), 1 feyiron fence( for the grate in the tray), 1 potions bottle (quested item(for the water tank)), Othmir Welcome Tray(for the shelf) and 1 Tinkered Distillery Pipes( for the bubbles in the water).

Anyway thought you would like me to share i will get a better view of it later

It would be wonderful if you all could share your idea's and put a screen shot up of your creation with item description so others can make them or get the jist of it and put other items in their place.

It's just a thought as some one who is new to the game or decorating can get some fantastic idea's and learn our little tricks .. I will keep posting here on this thread

Kianneoftroi xx

Wether you are a beginner or a vetran decorator, would you like to make friend's who's sole pleasure in game is to decorate!!

If so please /join Freeport.decorators Our little channel is blooming very well now we have so far aprox 25/30 players and we play at all times of the day and night so someone is always on to help!

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

P.S to all the AB decorators ect this is in no way ment to offend your channel but more for us freeportarians to help each other and to have easy acces to player homes with out having to create a new char to switch server's...

You are all welcome to join as well if you would like too or not.
egyptiangothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

My Greenhouse design... seems to be a favorite item

This consists of...

6x vamipric mirrors ( not the whispy ones), 4x crude stone blocks, 12x Briarwood Hitching Post, and 1x elm dinning table (inside for the work area)...

the rest you can add as you like, plants,veg,utensils,water bucket...ect the  imagination is limitless

Happy decorating

Kianne

Wether you are a beginner or a vetran decorator, would you like to make friend's who's sole pleasure in game is to decorate!!

If so please /join Freeport.decorators Our little channel is blooming very well now we have so far aprox 25/30 players and we play at all times of the day and night so someone is always on to help!

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

P.S to all the AB decorators ect this is in no way ment to offend your channel but more for us freeportarians to help each other and to have easy acces to player homes with out having to create a new char to switch server's...

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Here i designed a work out bench and tread mill...

The work out bench...

2x cogs(weights), 2x simple candlelabra (holds the barbell), 1x fellfeather(l&l(bar for the weights)), 3x canvas bedroll, 2x crude stone block, 1x tinkerers long bench, 1xtinkerers short bench, 2x indium shackles (or (NOTD) 1xwall shackle), 2x elaborate teak shelf.

The tread mill...

4x cogs, 2x simple candlelabra, decorative pearl table(rare), 1x rosewood table, 2x carbonite roller.

Happy decorating

kianne

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Meeba

Loremaster

Awsome idea thread!  Here are two creations that I am right proud of.  They are in my diner in New Halas, which hasn't been open to the public b/c the shop upstairs is still unfinished.

My jukebox (Yes, it does play music!)

it is built from:

one moonstone pool(rare),

one sumac armoire,

one elaborate stained glass oval,

one repaired piano (tilted and hidden with just the keyboard showing),

one dervish glass chest,

and six black marble poles

Meeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Meeba

Loremaster

Aaaand my vending machine!  The sales crates at the bottom allow you to actually buy food and drink from it, when i remember to re-stock.

it is made from:

1 glacial bookcase

1 teak bookcase

1 wispy vampiric mirror (so folks can get at the candies)

2 rack of love potions

1 citrine bottle (the square yellow one) for the coin display

1 redwood bookend for the coin slot

1 wantia vase for the coin return

2 sales crates

12 butter churns for the pushers

I'm so pleased with how this one turned out!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

awsome.... yeah love this.. think i shall us the vending machine its wicked so is the dukebox SMILEY well done x

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Here is another little ditty of mine... it is my decorators challenge kitchen made with only T1 and T2 stuff...

10x Troll wooden crates...... for the cupbords 6x simple dressers.............. for the cupord inlays 2x Large burlap rug............ for splash back and floor 3x Medium maple shelves.. one for the oven handle 4x Iron sconces 2x plain gukta vases 2x gukta bucket................. one for the sink 1x Halasian bucket............. for the cooker hood

or now u have a basic lay out u can change things to items u like better...

Happy Decorating

Kianne xx

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Zhadowsee
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Keepers of Darklight

Loremaster

I still love that gym.

And OMG!  The vending machine!  /happy

Zhadowsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Some how we need to get the others to add to this thread as i belive this is a fun ,helpful,inspiring and discriptive thread so everyone can learn and make new things SMILEY i cant wait to make the vending machine that is wicked SMILEY

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #10
Celline-Layonaire

Loremaster

Meeba wrote:

Aaaand my vending machine!  The sales crates at the bottom allow you to actually buy food and drink from it, when i remember to re-stock.

it is made from:

1 glacial bookcase

1 teak bookcase

1 wispy vampiric mirror (so folks can get at the candies)

2 rack of love potions

1 citrine bottle (the square yellow one) for the coin display

1 redwood bookend for the coin slot

1 wantia vase for the coin return

2 sales crates

12 butter churns for the pushers

I'm so pleased with how this one turned out!

...Where's CocaCola?   

Celline-Layonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #11
Bellacouste
Server: Everfrost
Guild: The lost legend

Loremaster

This is an awesome idea!

This is the printing press for my Publishing House:

Made with:

1 elm dining table

2 impacted floor plating tiles

1 Gorowyn city festival twisted steel pole

4 plain briarwood hitching posts

1 large bench

A sharp wooden stake from the Vampire Lore and Legend

Suggested accessories are the Faydark maps and the bottles for ink.  I don't have it, but I'd also suggest the merchant display cart from the Coalition of Tradefolk to use as a sorting box for the letters (seen in the right in the screenshot below)

This is the screenshot of a game I grew up with that I used to build it:

Everquest II artwork
Bellacouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
Eveningsong

Tester

This is a telescope that I made out of tinkered items a while back.  Recently I replaced part of the ceiling with starry and misty tiles for a night sky to peruse

Shopping list, as requested SMILEY

Note that this was done pre-layouts, except for the skylight.  I just used the scroll button to raise floor items and slide them into place, and the back of a bookshelf to place the trophies for the telescope.

chair:elaborate tinkered chest x2 (stacked on top of each other, rotate second one)tinkerer's ornate chair (sink down into top chest)small velium gear (active) x 2 (place as desired for movement/decor)telescope:small tinkered lamppost (base)tinkerer's regulat-o-tron (sink into top of lamppost)

automated rockpicker x2 (slide one into each side at bottom of lamppost)plain tinkered chest (lifted to form base of regulat-o-tron)an ancient erudin scroll (sink into sides of chest for adjustment knobs)ornate knife (sink into front of chest to form eye piece)Trophy: D'Vorlian's Crudgel (position at angle to point at skylight)Trophy: Vhoren's Seed (sink into crudgel end to form lens of scope)

skylight:misty blue tile x4 (overlapping layers over the 2 starry squares)starry square x2

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
Katine
Server: Oasis

Loremaster

/faints from all the creativity and beauty!

I LOVE the greenhouse and telescope/observatory.  I already have ideas swimming in my head from these pictures!

I only wish I can contribute something but I'm just getting back into decorating.

I can NOT WAIT!!! For the Moonglade enchantment this month - I hope it's in a zone where the goodies are what I want.

How can you tell where it's going to be? Do you just have to go check all the druid rings?

Keep the great responses coming!

Singing Kitty of the Oasis Server

Troubador, Home Decorator, and Tradeskiller
Katine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #14
Katine
Server: Oasis

Loremaster

/faints from all the creativity and beauty!

I LOVE the greenhouse and telescope/observatory.  I already have ideas swimming in my head from these pictures!

I only wish I can contribute something but I'm just getting back into decorating.

I can NOT WAIT!!! For the Moonglade enchantment this month - I hope it's in a zone where the goodies are what I want.

How can you tell where it's going to be? Do you just have to go check all the druid rings?

Keep the great responses coming!

Singing Kitty of the Oasis Server

Troubador, Home Decorator, and Tradeskiller
Katine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
Eveningsong

Tester

The moonlight grottos are always up in all 5 zones, so just do the full rounds SMILEY.  Antonica, Enchanted Lands, Greater Faydark, Darklight Woods, Nektulos Forest...

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
Meeba

Loremaster

Don't forget that the rootbeer brewing quest is repeatable in the Darklight Woods grotto.  I will grind tokens there, then go touring Norrath on a spending spree .  Eq2Traders has a really good writeup on where each ring is, as well as what items are sold from each one. (I <3 Mum and all the hard work that goes into that site!)

Old 01-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #17
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:

The moonlight grottos are always up in all 5 zones, so just do the full rounds .  Antonica, Enchanted Lands, Greater Faydark, Darklight Woods, Nektulos Forest...

Alsoin darklight woods mushroom ring is a repeaterbal quest to make ale for a faun to get the currency to buy all the bits and bobds you need. Saves a heck of a lot of alt hopping. Eq2 Decorators is a good place to find out when the festivals and such are on. moonlight enchantments are on every month on the 20th and 21st... SMILEY

Happy Decorating

Kianne

xxx

Oooh ps... I got 2 of my homes now on the Leader board ... how cool is that SMILEY 18 Lucie street (kianneoftroi) & The Fairy tale museum (Prettyfly)

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #18
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:

This is a telescope that I made out of tinkered items a while back.  Recently I replaced part of the ceiling with starry and misty tiles for a night sky to peruse

OMG this is Awsome.... and i love the stary sky and the way you have done the ceiling... simply estounding and megga better than the SC one xx

Any chance Eveningsong you can edit your original post on here please and add t shopping list and perhaps a how too for the new decorators please... im not exactly new but i to like instructions  for projects i have no idea how to make..SMILEY thank you in advance! xx

Happy decorating

Kianne xxx

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #19
Meeba

Loremaster

I posted what  I think are Some Neat Curtain Ideas.  Hopefully they inspire you fine folks.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
Beowolv

Loremaster

I love your telescope room Eveningsong!  Very cool. 

Beoromir Foamfollower ~ 90 Barbarian Brigand

Beobo Bronzebeard ~ 82 Dwarf Paladin
Beowolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Thought you would like to see my fish tank...

1x Halas display counter(city festival),

2x Enchanted candleabrs(housing merchent),

2x Dividers of your choice (carpy made(i used teak here)),

1x River rock hearth (turned upside down (carpy made)),

2x Windswept frostflower (DoV harvest.. or your choice of plant.),

2x Feyiron sconces or Ornate stone sconces or Fulginate mitilia sconces (i chose feyiron sconces(all player made)),

1x wavy sand tile (Enchanted fae grotto-Greater Faedark).

Turn the hearth upside down (179.9 roll) and place where u disire, turn the counter so the back is on the floor (-89.9 roll), Place the counter on top of the hearth and then place a divider at the back and move forward till all the legs are covered , now place the other divider on top of the counter, move the hearth out (Like this), At this point now place the wavy tile on the bottom of the counter (inside) and fill with the plant life and fishes ect. Now replace the hearth back where it was, plonk the enchanted candleabra's each side and hay vwalla...

To turn an item upside down 179.9 roll

To turn an item on it's backwards -89.9 (roll or pitch)

To turn an item from standing up to  lying down 89.9(roll or pitch)

To turn an item from lying down to standing up 89.9 (roll or pitch)

(This is how i do it on the editor and on the first tab.. i dont know how to use group tab)

Happy decorating

Kianne xx

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Here is my Qeynos Kitchen...

6x   Round counter of your choice (city festival),

10x Coloured stained glass tiles of your choice (brought)

1x   Matching coloum (city festival)

2x   Halfling drums(player made),

2x   Generic wall sconce (player made)

1x   Othmir welcome tray (DoV Quest reward i believe)),

3x   Stools of your choice(player made or merchent brought)

1x    Glacial Bookcase (even merchent)

1x    Vampiric mirror or wispy mirror (player made NotD)

Decorations as required.

Instructions:-

Place 3 of the round counters where you wish your kitchen counters to be... the place the other 3 counters on top of them. Turn the 3 counters on top upside down (please refer to Fish tank Instructions on editor numbers to turn things) and place them on the celing above the counters on the floor.

Turn all the tiles on there side and put then in the desired placements,

Place the Coloum above the counter you want as a cooker and raise to the desired hight and make it as big as u want!. Remove the counter on the floor under the coloum and place the generic wall sconces  to make the flames of the hobs, then place the halflng drums as hobs, replace the counter.

to make the fridge place the vampiric/wispy mirror infront of the glacial bookcase. add food of your choice.

hay vwalla.. a cool kitchen. 

Happy decorating

Kianne xxx

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
mappam

Loremaster

Geeze I LOVE this type of thread! I LOVE to see HOW-TO's! Thanks for starting it!!

I travel around the different Leaderboard Homes and try to get ideas and sometimes end up frustrated because only some of the items used "show" You click on a (example) fridge and get bookcase. You click in different spot and get bookcase. You click in way different spot and get bookcase. Finally you get Vampire Mirror.

There is one home I visited and can't for the life of me figure out what was used for the roof! I can't jump high enough to click on it and only get "too far away".....

So for someone to actually list the items used is Awesome!

Keep them coming!! And thanks again..

mappam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
Keroywn

Loremaster

Ok, not super creative, but I've gotten lots of love on this:

Items:

2 Twisted Steel Poles

6 Cloth Bolts of your choice

Keroywn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Items:

2 Twisted Steel Poles

love's this! that's like a tailor's dream of having SMILEY

[email protected] server in Everquest extended

Justinalyn & [email protected]
tenchgirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #26
Twinklin
Server: Crushbone

Loremaster

I've had a lot of requests for breakdowns of items, most coming from my carnival house. Here are a few I've been asked for in the past.

Carousel:

19 emerald stained glass ovals

5 woven leaf rugs

1 small sandword pillar

1 adamantine round pool

1 intricate windcloth rug

6 lover's settee

6 twisted steel poles

4 intricate stained glass ovals

6 mounts of your choice

1 music box of your choice. 

Popcorn Machine:

1 Quirky oak chest

2 Spoked rusty gears

1 Wantia end table

1 sootfoot mining cart

2 sathirian ornamental rugs

3 shiny baubles of your color choice

1 small display case

1 polished cup

1 kaladim bucket

1 basket of grain

Ferris Wheel:

8 tall cedar bookcases

8 regal frostfell sconces

16 vale briarwood candelabras

16 noble paineel benches

1 tinkered control console

1 tinkered lighting mechanism

1 spoked rusty gear (active)

1 spoked velium gear (active)

1 spoked carbonite gear (active)

Wack-a-mole:

To make 1 wack-a-mole game

1 basic coldain crate

6 grobb stone steins

1 portrait of an orc howler (or square painting of your choice)

4 vale briarwood candelabras

1 Trophy: Sir Altan's Strike

1 magical mini beaver plushie

Lava or a burning floor:

red marble tiles, red misty tiles over top and halasian andirons sunk down so only the flames show.

Twinklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Oh my goodness these are totaly amazing Twinklin... oh wow i love the popcorn machine thats so ingenious and the wack a mole funny as heck, the big wheel is jaw dropping... Wow there are loads of neat stuff we are sharing, Just think we were missing all these good bits...SMILEY... now were not yeahhh!!!

Keep 'em comming guy's and gal's 

Happy Decorating

Kianne x

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #28
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Items:

2 Twisted Steel Poles

This is great .. i love the way you have shown off all the bolts of cloth in a simple yet beautiful way ...well done you

happy decorating

kianne x

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #29
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

love all your nice ideas everybody, very creative!  here's all my ideas that I've been creating since over the year. I just love to create simple things when it comes to decor.

Ceiling fan

different style lamps

ash trays

sumac Entertainment centers

crafted made sitting bay windows

shutters

alarm clock radio with music

Vintage 40's look vanity

sumac bed frame on the canopy bed frame

back door guild door

can anybody recognize this?

[email protected] server in Everquest extended

Justinalyn & [email protected]
tenchgirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
Bitsy
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Paper Tigers

Loremaster

Not necessarily my most creative, but definately the design element I was most pleased with when I realized the secret to doing it with 6 items...

The key was realizing that the bottom 2 circles could be rolled (approx) 179.95  and -179.95 to make it appear like the circle was 1/2 light and 1/2 dark, then it was just a matter of getting the smaller circles and dots at the right size and in the right place.

2x Tuptan Tad Ponds 2x Acryilla Griffon Fountains 1x Lucanic Vase 1x Clay Urn