EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

Can you add functionality to click on the door and collect all books into their own box, leaving the ability to collect everything else in the main one?

I've heard in a few threads where people have issues moving because when they try to buy the new place the moving crate goes over the hard limit due to books not counting against item total in the house.

Would also make it easier and cleaner/neater when redoing the unpacking.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Cuedywene

Loremaster

I agree that the moving crate is in need of some attention.  Peraonlly I don't know what a good solution would be but dealing with that box is a pain.

Cuedywene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
LaurnaRose Fauldorn

Loremaster

Cuedywene wrote:

I agree that the moving crate is in need of some attention.  Peraonlly I don't know what a good solution would be but dealing with that box is a pain.

better sorting and search features on the box would be a start.

Anobelle ~ Coercer/Jeweler ~~~ Beah ~ Warlock/Sage

Dharknehz ~ Assasin (90) /Weaponsmith ~~~ Jeffica ~ Bruiser/Tailor

Laurn ~ Defiler (90) /Carpenter (90) ~~~ Psahng ~ Troubador/Woodworker

Vacri ~ ShadowKnight (90) /Armorer ~~~ Xhexania ~ Necromancer/Unskilled

FAYDARK --> BEFALLEN --> OASIS

LaurnaRose Fauldorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Still beats moving before the moving crate....

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

Still beats moving before the moving crate....

This.  Omg, talk about inventory management.

Still, what I'd personally like to see is an ability, when in a house, to right-click on an item in your inventory or vault and have a "move into moving crate" option.  It would save buckets of time from having to place everything and then right-click and move into the crate as it is now.

edit:  Also, can we PLEASE have all house items received from quests be heirloom?  I don't think it's game-breaking if my alts can place books Strep has earned.  For the Heritage items, they could just be non-equipable if the toon hasn't done the required quest, but still placeable as a house item.

Or, better still, give me the ability to zone into any house on my account from the "go to member housing" portal in the guild halls.  

Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
LaurnaRose Fauldorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Or, better still, give me the ability to zone into any house on my account from the "go to member housing" portal in the guild halls.  

HAHA  I just got flammed for suggesting this on another post, along with being able to mail your landlord your rent money and guild alliances, evidently even though we find it a GREAT idea .. there are some totally opposed.

Moving before the crates /ugh.  I moved one toon from her starting house in stonestair byway to WFP and decided NO-ONE needed to move that bad LOL. 

It would be nice if they could just code the books differently for the crates.  They already had to change their code to make them not count toward house items.  I would love it if they could look at it again and see if they could change it even further and make it where they didnt pick up into the moving crate and were able to give us a separate option to pack up books.  Very sound suggestion.  Of course, it would probably be easier and more convinient if they would just fix the moving crates, make it where books didnt count toward the hard llimit on them, and put in a search/sort function that worked a little bit better that the current one.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Frenzywolf
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cryptic Knights

Lord

I too would like better management of the moving crates. Would be lovely if we could have function to put all books or pictures and such like that all in one neat little line to make them easier to find instead of spread out in alphabetical order... gosh that is messy and hard to find things unless you KNOW the name of the item you are seeking. A search function would be nice as well.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Yeah, what they said and fully supported.

Hubby started to move from his Qeynos manor to the Qeynos MCE... He had 1064/800 items in the house, 790 countings or so... We applied a crafted expander, a SC 200 items expander and then I used the Layout Editor to drop around 200 books out of the crate and in a single location to give him some room. It was before the +200 item count addition so he had a cap of 900 :/ 

What I would like to see too, is a possibility to show items from the crate in the dressing room without having to examine them first.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
Brigh

Loremaster

A year ago I suggested that there be no books but instead bookshelves that could be clicked on to display all the books you have collected and be able to read from there.

The better the bookshelf the more books it could hold (rare woods, dropped even?).

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
LaurnaRose Fauldorn

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

A year ago I suggested that there be no books but instead bookshelves that could be clicked on to display all the books you have collected and be able to read from there.

The better the bookshelf the more books it could hold (rare woods, dropped even?).

Keep the books, but this would be a nice option.  There are some books with really neat artwork that I like having scattered around my house, so doing away with books completely would be a no go for me.  But I do like the idea of having book specific storage units in a home that functions like a library.  Give it a "Browse Library" feature and when it is opened it lists books by alphabet maybe even add a search feature for type of book (L&L vs story content ect) that allow you to click on the desired book and read it w/o having to remove it from the bookshelf.  This would be really nice to have a sitting area (wait ... lets add the ability to sit in chairs while we're at it) close to your bookshelves for those who want to spend time just catching up on storylines and lore.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

When i came back to game i consolidated 2 accounts into one. It was a massive chore to pass along all that furniture.......

Bags banks overflowing....wow....still working on passing out the junk to 24 toons.

I like the idea that housing stuff, even if no trade, should just flat out be heirloom so any toon on your account can pick anything up without worrying about no trade and whatnot. (I am forced to keep a deleted toons cherry dining set that i didn't realize was no trade before i deleted.)

Anyway for better orginization, perhaps put housing tabs where items are based on type. Seperate the plushies from the art from the books from the kitchen stuff....etc.

Even if they just gave the players the ability to organize the tabs themselves.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote