EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Bluescreen404

Loremaster

So I logged in this evening after the patch and found my War-Barded Black Cavalry Horse whistle had mysteriously become unattuned and Fabled.  Odd.  I also noticed that the Marketplace now has a "Standard Mounts" tab... and that same horse is now available to buy for 1250 Smedbucks, along with the black-saddled blue-flame Nightmare and the black-saddled two-toned warg.  Smelling a rat, I checked the Stable merchant in Gorowyn and Neriak...

Lo and behold, the black cavalry horse, blue-flame Nightmare, and the warg are all no longer available for plat and status like they were before.  They are now SC-only.  In fact, nearly every single variant of the blue fiery Nightmare horse is now gone as well from the horse dealer, not available for plat OR StationCash!  I'm on Lucan D'Lere, not an Extended server, so this is more than a little upsetting to see.  Ok, understatement -- I was raging into /gu for a good 20 minutes at seeing them actually *take items away* from us on the P2P Live servers and suddenly start requiring cold hard cash for them!  Not only are these non-fluff items on the Marketplace on a Live server, but they are items that used to be earnable with plat and status, now gone.  This is taking removal of content to a whole new sleazy level. 

I really, really hope this is another "error" like the Mastercrafted gear showing up in the Marketplace on the EU servers earlier.  If this is intentional, I am livid, and wonder what else will be taken away and made StationCa$h only in the future.

Incidentally, I also spotted the Tracking scroll for sale in the Marketplace on LDL... another non-fluff item in the cash shop on a non-Extended server.

Is anyone seeing this nonsense on any of the other servers, or is it just Lucan?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
EndevorX

Loremaster

Nagafen's Station Cash marketplace and doesn't have any items listed (aside from "[DEVL] Item With a Very Long Name" and "[DEVL] Item With a Very Very Very Very Very Very Long Name").

All of our regular mounts are still in tact, but we have some additional Station Cash options, but they sort to the bottom of the list when price is sorted from cheapest to priciest, or vice versa.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
katalmach

Loremaster

It's the same on Splitpaw. I just checked the mount merchant in Neriak and the War-Barded Black Cavalry horse and the Two-Toned Warg are now both only available for 1250 station cash. I certainly hope that's just a bug, because it'd be absolutely disgusting and shameful if it isn't.

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Kenazeer

Loremaster

I really don't see how a series of "mistakes" could lead to something "accidently" disappearing off a merchant, "accidently" being assigned a smedbucks value, and "accidently" appearing on the marketplace.

You know the old saying right..."quack, quack, quack." Not directed at the people in this thread in particular, but it is funny to see more people start realize the true nature of SOE that some people have been warning about all along.

Edited to add: And if they come back and say

"Well we didn't mean to remove the ability to purcahse them with status and pp, we meant to add them to the marketplace as an additional avenue of procurement"

The old seperate items for the actual game and the smedbucks store mantra just went right out the window. They will start out with mounts...then move on to something else that used to be exlusive to subscribers.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
MSB9380

Champion

So if this is the route we are going, then can I buy a CoV that actually works all the time from the Marketplace? You know...since the Vet reward works SOMETIMES, sell one that works ALL the time!

MSB9380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Xill

Loremaster

Is this for real? They removed the mounts for purchase and made them SC only? Are you freaking kidding me?

Xill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

I sincerely hope this is a bug. Mounts that were previously for coin should not be made available on the marketplace on the EQ2Live servers.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Xill

Loremaster

Anyone else experiencing this? I know the forum is flooded right now lol so its hard to find this post, but this HAS to be a bug right?

Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
BlueEternal

Loremaster

Confirmed on Nagafen. That 5 charges of tracking is also there.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Hellswrath

Loremaster

Don't know, but I certainly hope it is.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #11
Gaige

Loremaster

This entire GU and its "bugs" are just so lulzworthy, I can't stop smiling irl.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Geothe

Loremaster

SoE: Reaching new levels of pathetic hourly!

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
Cuedywene

Loremaster

Hope for the best and assume the worst....

Cuedywene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Just wait till after this patch ...

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Munu

Loremaster

Bluescreen404 wrote:

So I logged in this evening after the patch and found my War-Barded Black Cavalry Horse whistle had mysteriously become unattuned and Fabled.  Odd.  I also noticed that the Marketplace now has a "Standard Mounts" tab... and that same horse is now available to buy for 1250 Smedbucks, along with the black-saddled blue-flame Nightmare and the black-saddled two-toned warg.  Smelling a rat, I checked the Stable merchant in Gorowyn and Neriak...

Lo and behold, the black cavalry horse, blue-flame Nightmare, and the warg are all no longer available for plat and status like they were before.  They are now SC-only.  In fact, nearly every single variant of the blue fiery Nightmare horse is now gone as well from the horse dealer, not available for plat OR StationCash!  I'm on Lucan D'Lere, not an Extended server, so this is more than a little upsetting to see.  Ok, understatement -- I was raging into /gu for a good 20 minutes at seeing them actually *take items away* from us on the P2P Live servers and suddenly start requiring cold hard cash for them!  Not only are these non-fluff items on the Marketplace on a Live server, but they are items that used to be earnable with plat and status, now gone.  This is taking removal of content to a whole new sleazy level. 

I really, really hope this is another "error" like the Mastercrafted gear showing up in the Marketplace on the EU servers earlier.  If this is intentional, I am livid, and wonder what else will be taken away and made StationCa$h only in the future.

Incidentally, I also spotted the Tracking scroll for sale in the Marketplace on LDL... another non-fluff item in the cash shop on a non-Extended server.

Is anyone seeing this nonsense on any of the other servers, or is it just Lucan?

THIS ^^^

I'd really appreciate an answer from SoE on this. Splitpaw has certainly lost these previously status/plat mounts to the marketplace. Also there is a scroll of tracking for sale there too.

I'm getting really tired now.....

For what it's worth, I have not joined the screaming hordes who seem to detest the new UI and spell FX.... I can live quite happily with both, and for me at least, they won't affect my gameplay at all. Shame you didn't manage to get an auto attk bar or click to cure into the UI, that would prolly have gone a long way to getting this update a better review.

What is upsetting/frustrating me (and to be honest really makinging me consider if I want to stay in this game ) is the amount of "bugs"  in this update....

1. MC armour for RMT on international servers

2. Xp bugged by some adjustments made to xp bonuses ( which at the moment you have ommited to explain fully)

3. People able to change thier classes completely

4. The nice new shiny UI resetting your whole UI when you change colour

and now 5.? The removal of game content previously available to players EARNING them by way of status and plat, now making the same content only available through RMT.

I really hope someone with a red name can reply to this thread to confirm it is yet another GU57 bug. Because if this was intended, then this game is definately headed in a direction I have no intention of going. Removing content and then asking us to pay via RMT for said content is treating your subscribers with the utmost contempt.

If this is indeed a bug.. like all the others in this GU, then I would like to enquire how this  GU has been allowed to go live with so many flaws, all/most of which have greatly offended your current subscribers?

There is no new content, lots of bugs, and even perhaps the removal of game purchasable items to be sold for RMT.... I really don't pay my subscription for such poor quality.

Munu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
Kaeliara
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: The Guild of Misfit Warriors

Loremaster

Wow...that's just...despicable.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #17
Tallithia

Lord

The best predicter of the future,  is the past.  Not surprised.

Be Careful what you ask for. You may get what you want but at what cost?
Tallithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

I do hope this is a mistake, or I may be begging my husband to help me save money for an upgraded computer so I can move on to Rift.

Rift is looking more and more appealing with every report I see about this GU. and I was jsut about to send a RAF to a friend of mine to see if I could help keep the live servers up. But don't want him caught up in a money making scam.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #19
Gaige

Loremaster

I seriously doubt it was a bug.  SOE is just getting a lot more bold in their quest to convert EQ2 to not only a RMT game but a RMT game you have to subscribe to.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #20
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

Xill wrote:

Is this for real? They removed the mounts for purchase and made them SC only? Are you freaking kidding me?

1) Part of me says "good job" as company.

2) Part of me says "thanks for letting me pay $7" for something other than the cat mount on my lowbie alts that aren't status rich.

3) Part of me also say "whoa... slipperly slope ahead" and tells me to cut and run while I still can... 

Maybe I ought to finish PS2 Champions of Norrath 1, 2 and then start playing the Mass Effects, Etc. just stiing on my shelf till this all blows over with EQ2x either winning (Live is imploded) or losing (GU 57 reverted at a later date). 

It's like being on the company pension plan and seeing your co-worker getting the "layoff" present at 60 so the company won't have to pay years of health insurance and free-loading retirement payments by letting them reach 62.  No amount of PR can cover this up. 

I'd argue that there's alot of intelligent adults that play this game that can't be fooled with a hand wave and a calm tone of voice that belongs over in SWG.

"These are not the droids you are looking for..."  "SC won't affect the game in any serious manner..." 

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Disgusting.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #22
Pervis

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Makes me wonder if there is a developer or two that are unhappy with things, but need the job...

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
Stylish

Loremaster

Pervis wrote:

Gaige wrote:

Makes me wonder if there is a developer or two that are unhappy with things, but need the job...

This ^

Some of these people have families etc that they have to support so I am sure some of them are biting their tounges.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
Xill

Loremaster

Still waiting on a red name for this one. Is this really intended or an accident? Please respond.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Stylish wrote:

Pervis wrote:

Gaige wrote:

This ^

Some of these people have families etc that they have to support so I am sure some of them are biting their tounges.

Last I heard Rift is anticipated for February 2011. IF that holds true it could be not only cold but desolate in Velious.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #26
Stylish

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Stylish wrote:

Pervis wrote:

Gaige wrote:

This ^

Last I heard Rift is anticipated for February 2011. IF that holds true it could be not only cold but desolate in Velious.

Drastic changes in an established MMO = Disaster.

Always works that way.

Like the NGE, someone high up in the company made decisions on this one that has NEVER played an MMO.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #27
Deson

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Same.

Gaige wrote:

I seriously doubt it was a bug.  SOE is just getting a lot more bold in their quest to convert EQ2 to not only a RMT game but a RMT game you have to subscribe to.

Oh I'm sure it was a bug. One of the,"You weren't suposed to see that yet",variety.

I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #28
Melanchol
Guild: Paradise Lost

General

S_M_I_T_E wrote:

Xill wrote:

3) Part of me also say "whoa... slipperly slope ahead" and tells me to cut and run while I still can... 

oh no, we're already on the slipper slope. and it's no longer the bunny hill. This here is the triple black diamond.

Melanchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #29
Gaige

Loremaster

I'm sure that's what they will say.  I also hope its true.  No way they come out and say its intended, especially not with the huge backlash that is currently going on.  Of course, I could be wrong and that would make me lol until I pass out probably, from the amazing, um, feedback it would generate.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #30
Melanchol
Guild: Paradise Lost

General

eq2x will not change live servers in any way. change we can believe in.
Melanchol is offline   Reply With Quote