EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Haohmaru wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Any rednames looking into this issue? Anyone?

Absolutely. We already think we've found some answers to issues being posted here. Keep it coming though and know we're working as fast as we can on this.

Thanks much SMILEY

Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #32
KenCoop

Loremaster

Had the same issue SOGA issue with my main (human), used a makeover mirror and camped then set appearance and it stayed with the non-SOGA model.

Very annoying to be forced to camp and reset appearance when you have SoEmo disabled, glad they invested so much time into it to work out the bugs...

KenCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #33
awk

Defender

I am also NOT HAPPY that my characters look different. My wood elf had a cute mischevious smile, now he has a puffy dark lipped frown. Its ugly.

If I promise to NEVER use SOEmote, can I have my original settings back on all my toons, please? 

Also I can not get rid of the Voice Chat bar. It stamps back on the screen every time I zone. I disabled SOEmote immediately, why is the bar being forced on me like that?

awk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
MalletMan

Elder

I found this bug with the vendor upstairs in maile's broker house.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image.../eq2000009.png/

MalletMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #35
hexalobular

Lord

Those shadows are NOT good, my humans and barbarians look like they've _almost_ healed after a brutal beating.

Darker skinned humans/barbarians look better, but there are still a few spots in their faces that look like varicose veins!

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #36
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This is awful.  All of my characters now have this silly little upturned grin, and each of my high elves have bulging eyes, like someone is squeezing their head to make their eyes pop out.  This is NOT acceptable.

Have you tried /mood?  You can set the character mood which affects facial setup.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #37
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

this is why should have gone to test servers first... also i am finding the sensativity of lip detection far to high, jaw is incredably twichy even when not moveing it.

am iksar by the way, forgot to mention that.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #38
Haohmaru

Zombie Dev

Howdy all - we do have some fixes rolling out tomorrow morning and are looking into a few more issues internally still. Thank you for all of your feedback. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521193

Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #39
Lizabethan

Philosopher

(Quoted from link ^):

SOEMOTE:

Darkelf female mouth should close completely now.

Thaaaank you. SMILEY

Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #40
Chaim Witz

Loremaster

I actually didn't even really notice if my characters looked different after this came in. In all honesty, with how the game play works, you really have to go out of your way to get a good look at a toons face to begin with. To me this is like getting a very elaborite, colorful tattoo on the bottom of your foot. It's a complete waste of time. The programming spent on this could have been put to a lot better use elsewhere.

Chaim Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #41
Laenai

Loremaster

Haohmaru wrote:

Howdy all - we do have some fixes rolling out tomorrow morning and are looking into a few more issues internally still. Thank you for all of your feedback. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521193

Thanks, Haohmaru!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #42
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Haohmaru wrote:

Thanks for fixing the open mouth issue. Now what about the other issues I and many others have brought up?

The weird shadowing on the cheeks are still there as well as the over puffiness, and her jowels are still jutting out beneath her chin.

And this one still has the Michael Jackson nose, Jay Leno chin, and weird shadowing on her cheeks.

And no, the barber does not help. The barber only distorts my toons even more.

PS: BTW, your free gift isn't even usable.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #43
Iron Hand

Loremaster

I'm not going to waste my time on describing what i hate about the the changes your devs stuffed down our throats.

I spent time selecting the look I wanted for each of my 5 toons, and I want that look back on all my toons.

PS your attempt to allow us to have a free make over... doesn't even work.

stop messing with what we took time to create.

Iron Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #44
1000Words

Loremaster

SoE are you kidding? Whatever changes you made to the character models need to be reversed, completely.  My Wood Elf female now resembles Blade from Puppet Master....

1000Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #45
Valentina
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: House of Fallen Shadows

Loremaster

V1per wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Since the implementation of SoEmote, my friends have commented that my two dark elves looks vastly different.

The one's nose makes her look like Michael Jackson.

The other's cheeks are entirely too puffy, making it unproportional with her chin. She has shadows on her cheeks that were not there previously and look like craters on her face, and she has pixelated blocks that just out from either side of her chin.

I spent a lot of time making my toons to make them look perfect, and I really, really don't appreciate the look of my toons being changed because of some fluff program you are beta testing for your next game and using us as guinea pigs. I have SoEmote DISABLED. My toons should be unaffected.

Not impressed, SoE. Really.

[Removed post.]

The whole point is that people have turned off SOEmote (or never turned it on in the first place), and it has still changed their characters' appearance.  "Don't use it" is a pointless piece of advice, because they aren't, and it still changed the look of their characters.

[Edited for trolling.]

Valentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #46
Michayla

Loremaster

To reiterate, since V1per has trouble reading:

I do not own a webcam, therefore it is impossible for me to hook one up.

I also have SoEmote disabled and my characters still look warped.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #47
ttobey

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Haohmaru wrote:

Thanks for fixing the open mouth issue. Now what about the other issues I and many others have brought up?

The weird shadowing on the cheeks are still there as well as the over puffiness, and her jowels are still jutting out beneath her chin.

And this one still has the Michael Jackson nose, Jay Leno chin, and weird shadowing on her cheeks.

And no, the barber does not help. The barber only distorts my toons even more.

PS: BTW, your free gift isn't even usable.

Covic just sorted this out. The darkelf female was pointing at the woodelf female skeleton, which was probably my screw up, but it's fixed now on our end.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #48
Michayla

Loremaster

I will update this thread when I am at home and not stuck twiddling my thumbs at work.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #49
covic

Developer

Ok looks like I have found the issue that is causing the customizations to change on Dark Efl Females.  And I figured out the skin issue on the human male.  Updates should be coming soon.

Dave

Lead Character Artist

Everquest 2
covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #50
Laenai

Loremaster

covic wrote:

Ok looks like I have found the issue that is causing the customizations to change on Dark Efl Females.  And I figured out the skin issue on the human male.  Updates should be coming soon.

Dave

Was it ttobey's fault?

I'd shake my finger at him sternly, but I think he'd enjoy it...

Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #51
Deneir_Allaston

Loremaster

covic wrote:

Dave

Thats good to hear - does this include fixes for the strange face issues seen on the "Non-Soga" Human Males as well (for example: creepy upturned smiles, odd sized mouth and lips, sunken cheeks, unusual shadowing, etc)?

If the Dark Elf Female was pointing to the Wood Elf Female skeleton as Ttobey indicated earlier, then perhaps the Human Male model's skeleton was pointing to the wrong data as well, this could explain odd facial changes on the other races effected as well wouldnt it?

I know "Non-Soga" Humans, High Elves, possibly Half Elves, Dark Elves (females are indicated to be fixed soon but the males had face issues as well last I checked) had facial changes since the SoEmote update... and these are only the ones I personally noticed, there are likely others that were effected as well so its probably worth double checking to make sure that everything (for all the races) is back in order?

Deneir_Allaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #52
awk

Defender

Deneir_Allaston wrote:

covic wrote:

Dave

Thats good to hear - does this include fixes for the strange face issues seen on the "Non-Soga" Human Males as well (for example: creepy upturned smiles, odd sized mouth and lips, sunken cheeks, unusual shadowing, etc)?

If the Dark Elf Female was pointing to the Wood Elf Female skeleton as Ttobey indicated earlier, then perhaps the Human Male model's skeleton was pointing to the wrong data as well, this could explain odd facial changes on the other races effected as well wouldnt it?

I know "Non-Soga" Humans, High Elves, possibly Half Elves, Dark Elves (females are indicated to be fixed soon but the males had face issues as well last I checked) had facial changes since the SoEmote update... and these are only the ones I personally noticed, there are likely others that were effected as well so its probably worth double checking to make sure that everything (for all the races) is back in order?

Non-Soga Erudites and Wood Elves were also affected.

Heard that all we had to do was go to a barber to change toons faces back, is this true, and it will stay that way?

Thanks to devs for fixing that voice bar issue!

awk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #53
primezeppelin

Guardian

awk wrote:

Non-Soga Erudites and Wood Elves were also affected.

Heard that all we had to do was go to a barber to change toons faces back, is this true, and it will stay that way?

Thanks to devs for fixing that voice bar issue!

It hasn't been the case for me. Even after going to the barber the eyes still aren't right. One of my guilmates commented about it too. My female Non-SOGA human hasn't been right since the update. Still getting odd shadows and lighting too. SMILEY

primezeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #54
Nitestorm

Loremaster

The Dark Elf Female still isn't right, look at the pic. When you use armbands the front of the arms are bare. Ther graphics are not aligned with the arm. Something is still amiss. Wasn't this way before the SOEmote update.

Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #55
ttobey

Developer

I don't think the update went in yet. 

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #56
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

[email protected] wrote:

SOE... Please make it so people who do not use SoEmote, are not negatively impacted by this feature.SoEmote registered no interest for me during its development. I seen a video demo of it, and simply rolled my eyes (being honest). The whole concept is useless to me, but what ever, someone else might think it is the greatest thing ever, and have fun with it. At least it was something that put EQ2 on some MMO websites, which was a good thing.But my nonchalant view of SoEmote is already degrading, because of the situation being detailed in this very thread. It is causing problems for people who have absolutely no interest, desire or intention of using SoEmote. Not good.The first few days is very critical for the fate of SoEmote. If people start to do little more than resent the existance of SoEmote, it will fast become a liability, not an assett.

^^^^ Ditto for me.

I'm still reading through the posts, but these character changes.  Has it only happened to those who have SoEmote Enabled?  Or just straight across the board?

I do not have it enabled, but my problems are more UI related (constant spamming mesages that Voice Chat is not enabled and my group window has grown about 3 times and cannot be fixed).  I haven't noticed anything on my group member's faces (I am defaulted to always use SOGA so that might be it).  Thanks.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #57
Bronadui

Loremaster

Try again with Dark Elf females (regular model) guys:

P.S. Whoever is in charge at EQ2 HQ: COME ON - give these devs some support, extra hands and more time to get this stuff right.

Bronadui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #58
Bronadui

Loremaster

Actually seems to be a problem with the elbow.

Wood Elf arms (female regular model) looking weird too.

Have a look with the arms nude to really see the issue.

Bronadui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #59
Daryx
Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

There are other issues too, not just original model dark elf females and human males (I know people are posting others but the devs have only mentioned fixing those two like they aren't reading anything else). I hope you are looking at every model from the original character specs because they appear to be nearly all messed up, except maybe kerra and iksar males (those are the only two types of mine that seem to be normal). I don't use SOGA except for human males, which I think are OK; the lips look a little puffy but it could be they have always looked like that.

These are all original model:

Male wood elf, half elf, high elf: the lips on all three have gotten collagen implants. This looks atrocious, especially noticeable on high elf. They also have extremely flat affect now; several had a slight smile before, that is completely gone but that could be from the fat lips (I know I wouldn't be smiling if mine were that swollen).

Male wood elf and high elf: The eyes are slanted more, and in one of my characters (wood elf) to nearly 45 degrees now. HUH??? Looks ridiculous, and with the too-wide-eyed look they now have it's really bizarre.

Male half elf: Those with lighter skin coloring have dark red circles around their eyes now, total zombie look. I know they get out a lot but they look like they've been up all night, perpetually.

Male halfling: The mouths also look wrong now, too pinched. It's not so bad as the fat lips above.

All in all, the effect is decidedly creepy.

SOGA male human: possibly same collagen-implanted lips issue but it is only on one of my characters so might be he always looked that way and I never noticed.

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #60
covic

Developer

The update is not in yet.  QA is verifing fixes and I think they may be pushed to players this weekend, barring we havent created any bigger issues. 

I also see people posting about characters that we didnt touch, we only changed a couple for testing purposes as we were seeing how SOEmote would work with different set ups.

Some of the models mentioned have not been touched for many years so a dfference being seen is just because SOEmote has made people look more closely at their characters, seeing things they never noticed before. 

If you do actually see a bug, post a screen and tell me what is wrong, I always have no problems fixing things that are broke.

Dave

Lead Character Artist

Everquest 2
covic is offline   Reply With Quote