EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #61
Windstalker

Senior Staff

We discuss the issues around having two sets of models often on the team.  We'd all like to get the options down to one set of models, either the main or the Alternate Appearance (which I and others call SOGA).  It would be better overall in terms of being able to create assets, animations and so forth as doing them for all races over two model types is an insane amount of work.

We have also discussed doing a whole new set and abandoning the old ones.  Also, in terms of all the armor, animations, etc. also many months of work for several artists rather than creating new assets for armor, etc. in game.

But we don't want to make changes for the sake of them and we're not sure there's any way to do this without a negative impact. Some people love their SOGA models, some people love their original models.  We can't disable one without upsetting those who enjoy the other.

We may put it to a vote to the players pretty soon though.  Might as well ask so we're not making assumptions that half the players prefer one or the other appearance.

Maybe we'll run that as the next poll?

And certainly, as the OP asks, we have looked at forcing the appearance you choose on those around you, but as it is set up now, it's based on the user's preferences as you know in terms of which model type to display.

Producer

EverQuest II
Windstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #62
Regolas

Loremaster

Personally I like to mix them up. Some of the original models I don't like, and some of the SOGA models I don't like, so I have certain races as one and others as the other. For my main for example, a wood elf ranger, I didn't like the original models. I preferred to customise the alternative model to make wood elves look more like high elves, like they do in the Lord of the Rings movies. I wouldn't like it if they got consolidated into one, or one was removed. I've got it the way I want to see it. It would be nice if everyone saw my characters how I wanted them to see it, but it's not really a big deal as long as I see it.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #63
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

If I ever have to stare at my dark elf in SOGA, that would really be a deal breaker for me and I would cancel my subscription. I am not interested in playing a female toon with a masculine face, thank you very much.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #64
Bhael
Server: Oasis
Guild: Freedom Flames

Loremaster

How a players character looks has always been of importance to a large amount of the gaming population. If it wasn't appearance items wouldn't exist. And its not how the character appears to them, its how the character appears to everyone else. Its what fashion is all about in the real world. Why shouldn't that be just as significant in the virtual world? I understand people wanting to view the race of ogres or halfling a certain way as a whole and that's fine. But when it comes to MY character or YOUR character, I want to see your character the way YOU want me to see it and I want you to see MY character the way I intend it to be seen. Right now depending on how you have your models set you might not be viewing my character how I want them to look. And I hate that. I spend a large portion my time during character creation deciding on just how my character looks and I hate knowing that as soon as I get into game you might not even see it. How would you raiders out there feel if after countless hours of raiding to get that extra special raid gear all anyone sees is the basic gear you had when you started the game? That would suck wouldn't it? You want to wear that gear with pride. Well I want to wear my characters appearance with pride.I completely agree that you should be able to set how you see all the NPC races as a whole, i.e. SOGA or non-SOGA. But a player character should be exempt from that setting. What model you pick is what everyone should see.

Bhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #65
Lasai

Loremaster

Well, my prediction is.. given the red name input and the bias against SOGA models at SOE... they will be removed.

And.. one more player choice will be gone.

The Vocal flock will rejoice.. the game will go on.. and ultimately, choices that they approve of will be axed as well.

And when they complain.. yeah.  Karma.

Lasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #66
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If I ever have to stare at my dark elf in SOGA, that would really be a deal breaker for me and I would cancel my subscription. I am not interested in playing a female toon with a masculine face, thank you very much.

For me it would be the SOGA ogre.  Ugliest. Model. Ever.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #67
Jammie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Entwined

Loremaster

Windstalker wrote:

We discuss the issues around having two sets of models often on the team.  We'd all like to get the options down to one set of models, either the main or the Alternate Appearance (which I and others call SOGA).  It would be better overall in terms of being able to create assets, animations and so forth as doing them for all races over two model types is an insane amount of work.

We have also discussed doing a whole new set and abandoning the old ones.  Also, in terms of all the armor, animations, etc. also many months of work for several artists rather than creating new assets for armor, etc. in game.

But we don't want to make changes for the sake of them and we're not sure there's any way to do this without a negative impact. Some people love their SOGA models, some people love their original models.  We can't disable one without upsetting those who enjoy the other.

We may put it to a vote to the players pretty soon though.  Might as well ask so we're not making assumptions that half the players prefer one or the other appearance.

And certainly, as the OP asks, we have looked at forcing the appearance you choose on those around you, but as it is set up now, it's based on the user's preferences as you know in terms of which model type to display.

I was not after to get one model taken away from choices for the players, I was only inquiring about the ability to "set" or "lock" your character once made so that your toon stays the way you intended it to be seen versus changing depending on what settings another player had.  It seems like a simple solution to just lock that toon when created than talking about mass setting adjustments or taking away models types that were offered as soga models.  I am not bothered by either set of models just the fact that my toon is not seen as I created her and totally agree that creating your toon is a big part of our game play.

Jammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #68
Crymsyn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Phoenix Legion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

For me it's the opposite. If I can't have SOGA then I will simply not play. The bulbous, playdough looks of the "original" models is unappealing and why I quit not long after launch. I didn't come back until I saw SOGA models.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #69
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

It seems like a simple solution to just lock that toon when created than talking about mass setting adjustments or taking away models types that were offered as soga models.

The problem is that model selection's done client-side. The server has "Wizard, erudite, female". That's all it sends to the client. The client looks up the model and fills in the skeleton, mesh, textures and all that. So:

1. Your client has no control over my client's settings, so you can't control which set of models it's working from. And there's no easy way to give your client the ability to control my client's settings.
  2. "Wizard, erudite, female" is all there is. There's not a separate setting for each different character, there's one model for all female Erudite wizards. To allow your client to lock mine into one model for that combination means prohibiting any other player from selecting the other model for that combination. And it isn't a trivial change to completely rewrite the relevant server and client code to add a model setting to the individual character data. It probably goes all the way down into the render code fed into the video card, where it's optimized to reuse the mesh and skeleton geometry across characters to reduce graphics load.

It's something I run into a lot at work: it's a really simple, elegant solution that completely contradicts the way the application's written. And I regularly rail at managers who either can't or won't understand that I can't simply snap my fingers and make a million lines of application code built up over a decade of development suddenly metamorphose into a completely different basic architecture and structure.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #70
s1l3ntst4lk3r

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. All the 'elf' races in SOGA, male or female, look angry, male and constipated. SMILEY

Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #71
Lasai

Loremaster

s1l3ntst4lk3r wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. All the 'elf' races in SOGA, male or female, look angry, male and constipated.

You both do realize that what the OP and others support in this thread will force you do render SOGA for those that demand all see thier char as created, whether you want to or not?

That is what the discussion is about, although I do feel it has just become another bash of people's choices that have no impact upon you, and yet another platform for the Ban Soga crowd to voice thier unending negative feedback.

And it is enough to say you don't like the Alternate models.  I really don't care to read the vitriolic hyperbole or characterizations of being "ham fisted" and wrong, or applying a sense of "right and wrong" to a simple choice of game graphics.. as one poster suggests.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #72
Lasai

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Windstalker wrote:

I was not after to get one model taken away from choices for the players, I was only inquiring about the ability to "set" or "lock" your character once made so that your toon stays the way you intended it to be seen versus changing depending on what settings another player had.  It seems like a simple solution to just lock that toon when created than talking about mass setting adjustments or taking away models types that were offered as soga models.  I am not bothered by either set of models just the fact that my toon is not seen as I created her and totally agree that creating your toon is a big part of our game play.

Well, you should watch what you wish for.  The simplest manner to force people to see what you see would and will be the removal of character model options. When there is only one character model choice it becomes pretty obvious that everyone will see what you see.   Again, my prediction is that SOGA will be removed... and part of the justification of that removal will be "to insure that the character you create will be the character people see"

Will I quit the game over it?  I dont know.  It all comes down to warranting the purchase of 5 race change potions and ending up with 9 chars with the same legacy race and two hair styles I feel are acceptable to me.  Had I suspected SOGA would ever be on the axe table, I doubt I would have made some of the chars I have.. nor would I have invested time and effort into them.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #73
Rogue4Life

Lord

If they got rid of SOGA models, the least they could do is offer a Potion of Liposuction so we can get rid of all that excess body fat.  *shudder* 

Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #74
Soresha

Tester

I can understand getting it down to one set for lower maintenance in the future, etc. If you do this though, I'd say go for it and make it a new set.

If you choose between the existing sets, to keep one and throw one away, the negative impact on those who feel their preferences were ignored will be worse than taking a fair approach and putting everyone 'in the same boat' of remaking the appearance of some races. Plus the artists get to start from scratch. They can probably make something new that's both more efficient for them to animate and create items for, and for our PCs to render.

I'd make a couple suggestions:

1. Make sure people can re-create their characters in the new set reasonably well, if they want to. Take the most popular hairstyles from both the current sets and re-create them as options in the new models. Make sure the range of hair and eye colours in both old sets is available in the new set. Do not leave anyone in the situation of "my human had long straight, orange-red hair and pale blue eyes - it's impossible to make her this way now!". Basic visual traits like this are very important for roleplay and general characterisation.

2. Maybe obvious, but give everyone the chance to change their appearances for free for awhile. Lots of people won't be happy with what they re-make the first time.  Throw in free or heavily discounted race change items for a couple weeks too - if someone really doesn't like the new humans, let them switch to an elf if it makes them happier. You could put free appearance reset items on the marketplace too. By running a related promotion, you might even encourage more purchases of these kinds of items in the future.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #75
Avirodar
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Soresha wrote:

I can understand getting it down to one set for lower maintenance in the future, etc. If you do this though, I'd say go for it and make it a new set.

If you choose between the existing sets, to keep one and throw one away, the negative impact on those who feel their preferences were ignored will be worse than taking a fair approach and putting everyone 'in the same boat' of remaking the appearance of some races. Plus the artists get to start from scratch. They can probably make something new that's both more efficient for them to animate and create items for, and for our PCs to render.

I'd make a couple suggestions:

1. Make sure people can re-create their characters in the new set reasonably well, if they want to. Take the most popular hairstyles from both the current sets and re-create them as options in the new models. Make sure the range of hair and eye colours in both old sets is available in the new set. Do not leave anyone in the situation of "my human had long straight, orange-red hair and pale blue eyes - it's impossible to make her this way now!". Basic visual traits like this are very important for roleplay and general characterisation.

2. Maybe obvious, but give everyone the chance to change their appearances for free for awhile. Lots of people won't be happy with what they re-make the first time.  Throw in free or heavily discounted race change items for a couple weeks too - if someone really doesn't like the new humans, let them switch to an elf if it makes them happier. You could put free appearance reset items on the marketplace too. By running a related promotion, you might even encourage more purchases of these kinds of items in the future.

A revamp of the character models in EQ2 would be an amazing thing, if done well. However, that is a much bigger target to aim for. What I would like to see done, is make it so I can see the following two people standing side by side, at the exact same time:1) Lucius the Human Male as "Default" model- standing a meter to the left of2) Darzon the Human Male as "Alternate/SOGA" modelIf Lucius designed himself to be seen as Default, I should see him as default. If Darzon designed himself to be seen as Alternate/SOGA, I should see him in such.Unless,If I happen to have a strong bias for/against a particular model set, I should be able to go into my options, and override the racial display options. When locking a racial display setting, I would do so knowing that I will not see everyone of that race as they intend to be seen.The only reason I consider the override functionality to be acceptable, is that we have had the option to do so for years, and the love/hate that people have between model sets can be intense. People quitting in frustration is not the goal of this thread. Just as I can see a Dark Elf and Iksar standing side by side, I should be able to see SOGA and Default standing side by side.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #76
Lasai

Loremaster

mispost, sorry.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #77
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Windstalker wrote:

As long as it is nto the soga models I agree, never could stand those. Leave it as is for those of us that prefer the old models.

Putting it to a vote changes nothing, you will still upset those that prefer the losing version. If it ain;t broke don;t fix it and this ain't broke. The mistake was made years ago when Isle of Marr came in and those new models where introduced, please don;t compound the error

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #78
tunnelassembler

Loremaster

Lasai wrote:

People already have the means to shut off models they do not like on thier own screen.  Why some people feel the need to impose thier choice on everyone else as well is what bothers me.

Don't like soga?  Uncheck it.  Problem solved.

Immersion will be fixed somehow by removing SOGA models.  Really.  What about Pink horses, Raptors, Gigantic Saber toothed Squirrels, etc.  Good Gear Man hats.   Fae Sized ogres.  People crafting on Dragons.  Tons of items we get to look at, regardless, that stomp immersion into the ground.

There is a lot of immersion breaking visual garbage in this game that cannot be "shut off".  People should be happy we can at least choose one aspect of what we see instead of agitating to remove that choice as well.

+1

I so wish I could turn off the Aion wings. Or the peptocorns. Or... well, lots of stuff, for this very reason.

tunnelassembler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #79
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

After reading the posts by Jrral & Holly Windstalker, my vote is for SOE to do nothing at all about this "issue." I think that for them to actually make the OP & Avirodar happy would take a great deal of effort, time, & resources that I would greatly prefer they expend elsewhere.

In any event, while I don't want to come across as cavalierly dismissing the OP's concern, I will say this is one of the very least "issues" in my mind when I think about EQ2.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #80
DarkelfOften

Defender

Important: Please bear in mind I love eq2 alot and these observations are no way meant to speak against the game, I'm just offering my suggestions here, and I have wanted to say this for years. I will pay for, enjoy, and play eq2 reguardless of this.

Ok on one look my eudirite has sweet face and shes very pretty, on another she looks old and freakish. I see her pretty in a lovely dress. Others see the horrible/comic combanation of pretty dress and old creature. Its like the movie shalow hal.

My highelf looks pretty and serious faced on one look and on the other looks like she was born with mongoliodism, Which is the common aperance of humans elfs and half elfs, with that Alternet apearence. Thres no escaping the characteristic look, though I do try to fix both apeaences on my charcters as best I can.

All except female darkelfs for some reason. They actually look better with that apearence, kind of pretty and you can barely make a female human almost passible with it. Though the males look better with what I call the mean faced, alternate apearence.

In the better looking alt aperance options, all the characters look mad, as in angry, though in the case of barbarins geninally pychcotic. The only problem I have with the angry alt apearance option is the female legs are ridiculiously slim. Still it beats the alternative.

One has the right body the other has the better faces, (though I would like them to smile instead of frown and look hateful). Maybe you could put the two together. I truly do not want my characters seen with the wrong apearences.

Secondly to make them apear normal, I suggest you give the characters some underwear like other MMOs and do away with the ridiculious white patches that really make up there body, so you know that underneth the outfits there is no body there at all, like a doll or something. Thats just weird.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #81
Avirodar

Loremaster

Freejazzlive wrote:

After reading the posts by Jrral & Holly Windstalker, my vote is for SOE to do nothing at all about this "issue." I think that for them to actually make the OP & Avirodar happy would take a great deal of effort, time, & resources that I would greatly prefer they expend elsewhere.

In any event, while I don't want to come across as cavalierly dismissing the OP's concern, I will say this is one of the very least "issues" in my mind when I think about EQ2.

So just to clarify, the only reason you dismiss the idea which I presented (in the post linked just below), is because you think it would take a great deal of effort, time and resources?http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=520314#5776755We are both entitled to to have our opinions on how easy or hard it would be for SOE to do, but the only people qualified to make such statements are SOE staff. So are you able to provide any reasoning for why you think it would be so difficult for SOE to do? Or are you dismissing ideas based on assumptions?I will state that I think it would be a relatively easy task, as the art, assetts, and the content already exist. All SOE would have to do, is tweak the way they are accessed and used. Doesn't sound like moving a mountain, to me.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #82
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

We are both entitled to to have our opinions on how easy or hard it would be for SOE to do, but the only people qualified to make such statements are SOE staff.

This is entirely correct, so, since Holly has stepped in, please post your questions & responses to her, not me.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #83
Avirodar

Loremaster

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

We are both entitled to to have our opinions on how easy or hard it would be for SOE to do, but the only people qualified to make such statements are SOE staff.

This is entirely correct, so, since Holly has stepped in, please post your questions & responses to her, not me.

I could say the same for you.It was not me who dismissed an idea because I "think" it might take a lot of work for SOE to do.Ask Holly, instead of dismissing someone elses idea, when you have absolutely no supportive evidence to back your claims.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #84
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

It was not me who dismissed an idea because I "think" it might take a lot of work for SOE to do.

Talk to Holly. I'm done talking to you, & you're done talking to me.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #85
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

We are both entitled to to have our opinions on how easy or hard it would be for SOE to do, but the only people qualified to make such statements are SOE staff. So are you able to provide any reasoning for why you think it would be so difficult for SOE to do? Or are you dismissing ideas based on assumptions?

I'm making a few assumptions, but considering my day job's title is Senior Software Engineer and I've been doing this professionally for nigh on 2 decades now (closer to 3 and a half if you count hobby and school work) I like to think they're educated assumptions based on what I know about software design and development. They're also based not on wild guesses but on comments made by devs in the forums and in person.

For instance, the way models are handled makes sense when you think about the fact that the second set of models was added years after the game engine was written. If you have code that supports only one set of models, which is easier? Doing full multi-model support on a per-character basis? Or keeping the existing single-model design that looks up a model in an array and adding a boolean flag and a couple lines of code to the lookup macro to check that flag and decide which array to do the lookup in?

Of course, caveat: that would describe the situation when multi-model came up. If I were doing it, I'd pick the simpler way and add an item to my to-do list for later: "Fix the model look-up design.". I probably couldn't get approval to do all the work at once, but if I have to work on the model-selection code anyway I can adjust and fix it a bit to make it more flexible. I won't want to admit it publicly, because then everybody'll be yelling for it when it's not ready yet, but eventually it'll be able to support arbitrary models per character without breaking the world or killing performance. And when management finally does get around to listening to the players and comes down asking for this, I've at least got the groundwork laid. No, this isn't a theoretical discussion, it's how I've slipped a lot of things that make my life as a developer easier past managers who didn't want to commit resources to it. Yes, you are hearing Scotty's comment about keeping a reputation as a miracle worker. SMILEY

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #86
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

Just leave both sets in as they are please.  Don't mess with this one.

Honestly, I don't understand the OP's complaint.  I don't like SOGA, but if you do, that's great for you.  The only person I'm concerned with in terms of my character's appearance is me.  I care how she looks to me and me alone.  She could look like a giant pulsating piece of feces to everyone else and I wouldn't care because I wouldn't see it and it would have zero affect on my gameplay.  I don't care if people say "Hey, Meaghan looks awesome/like a giant pulsating piece of feces!"  I care if they say "Hey, Meaghan is an awesome tank/pulsating piece of feces tank!"

Whether I'm tanking awesome or wiping the raid, I'll look good on my screen doing it and that's all that matters.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #87
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Freejazzlive wrote:

So just to clarify, the only reason you dismiss the idea which I presented (in the post linked just below), is because you think it would take a great deal of effort, time and resources?http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=520314#5776755We are both entitled to to have our opinions on how easy or hard it would be for SOE to do, but the only people qualified to make such statements are SOE staff. So are you able to provide any reasoning for why you think it would be so difficult for SOE to do? Or are you dismissing ideas based on assumptions?I will state that I think it would be a relatively easy task, as the art, assetts, and the content already exist. All SOE would have to do, is tweak the way they are accessed and used. Doesn't sound like moving a mountain, to me.

sorry no, I have absolutley zero desire to see any of the soga models, nor do I have any desire to have them forced on me by someone that feels their looks to other players are important to the other players as they are to themselves. Don't try and force your desires on my playing style and what I want to see visually on the screen. I turn off all soga models that I can becasue I detest them. Don;t care if it is a 1 pentasecond change.

Leave it exactly the way it is and if you want to show other players how your avatar looks to yourself, take a screen shot and use it as your board avatar.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #88
Avirodar

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Freejazzlive wrote:

sorry no, I have absolutley zero desire to see any of the soga models, nor do I have any desire to have them forced on me by someone that feels their looks to other players are important to the other players as they are to themselves. Don't try and force your desires on my playing style and what I want to see visually on the screen. I turn off all soga models that I can becasue I detest them. Don;t care if it is a 1 pentasecond change.

Leave it exactly the way it is and if you want to show other players how your avatar looks to yourself, take a screen shot and use it as your board avatar.

Hi.I suggest you actually read the post you replied to (especially the link included), before you start complaining about things being "forced" on you.What are you complaining about, exactly?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #89
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Lasai wrote:

s1l3ntst4lk3r wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. All the 'elf' races in SOGA, male or female, look angry, male and constipated.

You both do realize that what the OP and others support in this thread will force you do render SOGA for those that demand all see thier char as created, whether you want to or not?

You do realize I worded my post very carefully on purpose, right? I bolded it for you in case you somehow managed to confuse simple wording.

That was in response to our fearless leader's post about disabling one version in favor of another. I personally don't give a hoot what other people set their toon as. I don't want my dark elf in SOGA. It's ugly. She is not a constipated male. She has feminine features, and SOGA does not offer that. At all. I really don't care about how I view other peoples' toons. As an RPer, it would be great if I could view the toons as people create them. That I wouldn't mind. But I will not settle for my dark elf being forced into the SOGA model because development is too lazy to come up with a way that everyone can be happy.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #90
Finora

Tester

Windstalker wrote:

I for one, would not mind if SOE took the whole next year after this upcoming expansion to make new models and debug & polish existing content. 

*As long as the resulting models had better skinning than the original models & better skeletons than the SOGA models*

If you did go the route of removing one set of models, whichever model you chose to keep would need massive reworking so you didn't drive away the people who didn't like that model in droves. The original models would need their texture reworked as would the SOGA models, both would need their hair worked on. SOGA would definately have to have their skeleton fixed. The skeleton has been a consistant issue particularly with female SOGA models since they were introduced.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote