EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #31
Starbuck1771

Loremaster

Astarte wrote:

This is just sad..   But of course.. listen to what the f2p want and not the ones who pays a monthly subscription.

Do you wanna know whats realy sad? You people trying to dictate how other people play their game. Just because something is on the SC store does not mean you have to buy it.

Like you I will not buy those items however i refuse to make myself a jerk at the same time by whineing about something so trivial. Like most of you have said the game is already easy so therefore the pots are not that much of a change. Plus they have been handing xp pots for years for free so once again it is not realy that much of a change.

So just stop crying over spilt milk and move along as there is nothing to see here.  

Starbuck1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Stated without offense meant or sarcasm: you don't need or must buy these items.

If others have them, then it's how they wish to play the game.  And it's limited to single or mercenary grouped, so doesn't really impact anyone but that player.

Now in my case, I'd probably consider the self-rez item.  Why?  Because it's such a pain to run aaaaalll the way back to where you were if you're deep in a contested dungeon or deep in while overland.  Sure, it's more xp and such, but it can be such a slog.  And I tend to play without a healer merc or mercs of any type.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #33
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Starbuck1771 wrote:

Astarte wrote:

This is just sad..   But of course.. listen to what the f2p want and not the ones who pays a monthly subscription.

Do you wanna know whats realy sad? You people trying to dictate how other people play their game. Just because something is on the SC store does not mean you have to buy it.

Like you I will not buy those items however i refuse to make myself a jerk at the same time by whineing about something so trivial. Like most of you have said the game is already easy so therefore the pots are not that much of a change. Plus they have been handing xp pots for years for free so once again it is not realy that much of a change.

So just stop crying over spilt milk and move along as there is nothing to see here.  

Wrong. Utterly and completely.

The sad part is there is still apologists out there who honestly believe it's just these solo potions and that's it. We all know bigger things are on the horizon. SoE is entirely too predictable.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #34
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Dafrog wrote:

Nooooo!!!

My entire family and I just began playing EQ2 and am a paid subscriber. I am level 55, but feel the game is too easy and was hoping it would get more challenging. This makes me want to quit my subscription and go elsewhere to find a challenge.

Just because you take a poll, and even if your numbers are accurate doesn't mean it is a good business decision.

"Good business decision" is a relative term.  It hasn't been good for the loyal players that have build and maintained the game, but it has been fantastic for Dave and Smed's wallets and for the F2P/P2W crowd.

How many people are refusing to play your game because YOU DON'T have those items?? Think about it...if a certain percentage 35% said "no" - I am sure that also corresponds to my issue that the game is just too easy and some may possibly just quit and find a game that provides a challenge and accountability for decisions made. Have you ever thought that you might just lose some of your player base over this?

The game has been hemmoraging players for quite some time.  That is why the transition to F2P happened.  Not enough paying subs, so they changed the game model to appeal to those who will pay waaay more than $15 a month on fluffy junk. 

I used to play EQ1 and that was challenging - have the game designers made EQ1 stupidly easy also?

We aren't the target audience any more.  This is not the game it used to be, and it is only going to get increasingly more P2W.  Those that don't like the SC crap will leave (or have left), and those that remain keep buying from the store.  So, then all that remains are the avid, non-complaining SC spenders who get all their wants catered to.  It will become completely win-win for the P2W crowd and the dev team, as the devs won't have to focus on real content at all anymore.  Oh wait, I think we are almost already there.

I should note that my family contains 6 individual paying subsriptions...

Unfortunately, people that use the Market pay much more than one person paying the traditional sub model.  Have you looked at the prices on the items?  Some of that crap sells for $19.95 for one item.  Now that they are including P2W consumables..Ka-CHING.  Its more lucrative for them to attract and keep people that feed off their SC items than it is to worry about someone paying a measly $15 a month anymore.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #35
MurFalad

Loremaster

I think 65% support is unlikely.  More likely is that 65% could not care less about the already trivialised solo content, so its just adding power items to a part of the game that offers them no gameplay.

Personally I'd rather have wondered why 65% of people didn't care about the solo content in EQ2, I think fixing that would be much better for the health of the game then adding power items.

As for the power items themselves, they just kill off whatever part of the game they are added to for me.  I play EQ2 more for what I cannot do then for what I can do.  So if power items are added to the marketplace that allow me to do everything I have lost interest as there is nothing left to work towards.

Still, at least there is one good thing to come out of all of this, all the people out there who had doubts that free to play was a bad idea know exactly where it leads to now.

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #36
Junniper

Loremaster

The point is there is no real need for any of these items.

Honestly if you can't solo from level 1 to level 92, then something is horribly wrong.  The game is now specifically designed that all classes can do this feat without much of an issue.

So creating these items on a poll that is very scrupulous of accuracy is just a complete waste of time and energy.

The game has become too easy, with the exception of raiding.  Which in turn can be usually either be easy or very hard.  Thus of course depending on your current gear and those surrounding you.

The only thing I see these items helping are those who are having a hard time finding a group and need stuff/updates/etc in heroic areas. 

Junniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #37
Cloudrat

Tester

Does this mean we can get crafting potions added to marketplace now?  please please pleaseSMILEY

Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #38
thepriz

Loremaster

I have a mixed opinion on this, I think it is stupid to spend real money on virtual items, that someday you will never use again. In a game, I want to be on equal footing with everyone else. However that is not the case anymore, I run around without buying stuff and adventure my way to the top, but others are now paying their way to the top. If I wanted that sort of thing, I can just return to real life.

On the other hand, at least SOE is now getting the money that people spent on third-party solutions.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #39
Malleria

Loremaster

Nuadah wrote:

To be honest I find it hard to believe that raiders voted for this sort of thing. 

This ^

No doubt the 55% (lol) is comprised almost entirely of soloers who don't actually raid. 

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #40
Gravy

Lord

Thanks for putting these in the  marketplace. As a solo player they are a welcome addition to my toolbox. Also, disabling them in groups was a great idea.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #41
zarriya

Historian

I want to say how dissapointed I am.  More and more Buy-To-Win items are being added to the market.  SOE you made an awesome game and now you are cheapening it.  This game is starting to look less and less like the beautiful wife you married and instead is turning into a cheap prostitute to squeeze out as much money as you can.  You used to have the best community out of all the games released in the last 5 years. The community is changing from loyal customers to players that race to the top with their cash and leave just as fast.  You are killing this game.

Blizzard does not have Pay-To-Win Items and I would say they turn a good profit.

edit: Please put the effort into marketing your game and your future games (Planetside 2 and Everquest Next).  SOE makes the best games out there - you are better than this.

zarriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #42
Dafrog

Champion

Starbuck1771 wrote:

Astarte wrote:

Voicing an opinion is not "dictating" anything. If anything is dictating it is you telling people what they can and cannot voice on an open forum.

Your idea is that it is in everyone's best interest (because you speak for everyone) that people who are disturbed with the changes shouldn't "cry over spilt milk".

I am sure you don't speak for Sony and certainly the people who you are telling to "move along".

Also, it is not just one instance of a change - it is the collective decisions that change the game philosophy impacting the game play enviroment.

The only difference between what Sony did and what you apparently would have done is you wouldn't have even done the poll which Sony did because people's view on it doesn't matter.

If someone is breaking forum rules point it out to a forum administrator otherwise don't try to play traffic cop on what people are to write about concerning a game they play.

Dafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #43
Gigv

Loremaster

Dear Sony,

I will have to say as a 12 year veteran between EQ1 and EQ2 I find this to be one of the worst things you could have done. I dare say and doubt the percentage is correct either. Have you forgotten your promise that only cosmetic items would be Station Cash Items. There is a lot of competition coming down the pike and the EQ 2 may be left out if this continues. Whether it is a trend or not to pay for items in game I expected you guys to do the right thing. I am so very disappointed. It is the same argument I have voiced time and again. Give the furniture recipes to to carpenters, Backpack recipes to the tailors and potion recipes to the alchemist. Please reverse so the game does not go completely down the tubes.

Sincerely

Mousemedic 92 Inq AB server

Gigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #44
Lempo

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

Thanks for putting these in the  marketplace. As a solo player they are a welcome addition to my toolbox. Also, disabling them in groups was a great idea.

Do you honestly believe that this not useable in groups mechanic will not be openly abused and discussed w/o any repurcussions on the forums? The ability to circumvent this 'rule' (lol yeah I use it loosely) is so painfully obvious, and it will be even sadder to see the total refusal to do anything about making it where it can not be circumvented.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #45
Lempo

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

Name: Scroll of Resurrection
  • 3 charges
  • Instant cast, 15 minute reuse
  • Allows player to resurrect themselves
  • You may only be grouped with mercenaries or not grouped
  • This item can be used on PvP servers but not cast in PvP combat

Let me guess no rez sickness comes with this does it?

I'm sure that was just 'overlooked'

Not shooting the messenger, I know you just deliver what you are told to deliver, that doesn't make it any less nauseating that these products were added, of course we were told that regardless of what we thought if TPTB wanted them there they were going to be there whether we liked it or not.

The funny thing here is the claim that these are simply 'convenience' items and the post that announces this vile tripe coming back to Norrath is labeled 'NEW Hero's Edge Items', it boggles the mind.

You guys must really think the playerbase as a whole is dumb beyond belief.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #46
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

One word...disappointed.

Marketplace should NOT contain items to enchance the games mechanics.  Only apperance items should be there.  This is unacceptable and based on the responses i'm not sure we can actually trust the poll done...

Sure you can, the polls were carefully culled and crafted to give a higher weight to the positive responses, the polls will always be done in this fashion.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
dj_krztoff

Loremaster

Did we really need one more excuse for people to NOT group?  This + Mercs + broken Dungeon Finder + minimum AA requirements really leads me to believe that SOE had a sheltered childhood that has left them bitterly opposed to social interaction.

*hugs SOE*

It'll be okay ... why don't you come play Warhammer Online with me?  We'll find you a friend or two for you to hang out with.  There there ...

dj_krztoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #48
Ahlana

Loremaster

On the scroll of ressurection...

What stops me from leaving group after I died.. rezzing and then recovering the group?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #49
Lempo

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

What stops me from leaving group after I died.. rezzing and then recovering the group?

Absolutely nothing. Working as intended and thinly veiled at that. If this were not the inteded use the items would specifically be disabled from use in heroic instances and raid zones. Point is the only thing of concen is whatever increased SC revenue they get from this.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
Gravy

Lord

Ahlana wrote:

I assume you're talking about a raid because if its just a heroic dungeon then the worst that happens is you rez and run back.

So in a raid, what stops you from camping an alt in the zone outside of group and doing the same thing?

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #51
Ahlana

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

I assume you're talking about a raid because if its just a heroic dungeon then the worst that happens is you rez and run back.

So in a raid, what stops you from camping an alt in the zone outside of group and doing the same thing?

Then why the restriction in the first place?

I mean originally the 8 year vet reward was suppose to do this but was deemed "too powerful"

Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #52
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

Gravy wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

I mean originally the 8 year vet reward was suppose to do this but was deemed "too powerful"

It was deemed too powerful because SoE couldn't charge for the 8 year vet reward. But since they can charge you extra money for this, it's A-OK! /rollseyes

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #53
General_Info

Lord

Ahlana wrote:

Gravy wrote:

anything that is good improvement on the game (such as alchemist health-power or self-rez) is "too powerful" when it is gotten for free and yet is it "balanced" when you have to pay real money to get them.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #54
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Starbuck1771 wrote:

Astarte wrote:

I'd be saying the same thing if there was a way in game to get comprable items like say from Alchemists. but there isn't you can only get these in the market place that is the Pay to Win model. So when they put a great weapon or piece of armour with stats you can only get in the market place are you going to say the same thing?

Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #55
Rijacki

Tester

General_Info wrote:

anything that is good improvement on the game (such as alchemist health-power or self-rez) is "too powerful" when it is gotten for free and yet is it "balanced" when you have to pay real money to get them.

That's my primary complaint. Items obtainable in-game that have a similar function are so low in power as to be laughable. If the Marketplace was an -alternative- way to get items like these, it wouldn't be as distressing.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #56
Leko

Loremaster

Cool idea.  Thank you for not allowing the items to be used in PvP.  

Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #57
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

I totally disagree with these. Flat out and simply.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #58
Amekoi

Loremaster

I'm an avid SoE lover. Been playing the game since launch and everything.

And with this latest announcement, I'm just disappointed.

I purposefully picked a social class (bard buff bot) so I could group. I tried to be a nice and social person so I could group. I put in effort to not suck or go /afk so much so I could group. And yet, around every turn, I find this game has been going more and more to encouraging a solo mentality. I already feel useless and almost never group, since everything is completely soloable. Now people don't even need my heals or rezzes, so that puts me out even further; anyone can grab potions from the SC store and do things all by their onesies. Watching how this game has been going, I know full well that these potions are hardly the last thing we'll see towards a completely soloable, play to win game.I find myself logging in once a week, or so, and staring at an empty landscape with a couple roaming mobs. And sighing, and logging out.

Thanks for the great game while it lasted, I suppose... find no reason to play since it's become so solo-friendly that it has become a Skyrim alternative for me, and that's simply no fun.

Amekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #59
FreaklyCreak

Loremaster

It's solo. If people want to waste money on these to get an edge at things they can solo or Molo(mercenary + 1 player), then who the heck cares? You can't add even one person to a group or it gives you the inability to use the item unless you disband.

There is so much content that can't be done even after this. This does not affect the endgame for heroic or raid.(maybe heroic normal, but def not challenge mode heroic) Unless possibly the person was geared from raiding or bought raiding gear with plat....But thats even smaller of players...

So let SoE make their income...let them alienate more and more people. Because for every item they add to SC marketplace, they loose another subscriber even it latches on a F2Per with cash for extras.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #60
Lempo

Loremaster

The numbers reported seem a bit off if you take percentages of support in this thread, of course us forum posters are considered 'trolls' by the games producer, we were flat out called that in an interview he did.

Then there is the forum posters do not represent anything that the playerbase as a whole....

Pretty much anything to discount or dismiss the opinions that we have.

Instead of being insistant on adding these kinds of items to the SC shop, more could be gained by adding items like shared bank/bank expansion slots, ability to link 2 accounts for Heirloom purposes, maybe something like special goggles that allow you to see shinies in zones that rewarded NO EXPERIENCE and gave a house or appearance item memorializing the zone (some might not like this saying it locks a collection to paying to be able to get, but if it doesn't reward experience or stop you from obtaining an achievement I see little harm).

Not one person in my guild was thrilled about the idea to say the least.

Yeah I am sure there are some that like it, after all who wouldn't like something that allows them to do something that they are simply too bad of a player to do. That's pretty much what it boils down to, it is the equivalent of using /godmode when playing Doom and nothing less. Just because you get a piece of gear in the end you didn't earn it you bought it, you know the kids that get an award at schools now when they give an award to anyone, EVERYONE has to get an award for something or it will hurt their self esteem and now this mentality has infected Norrath.