EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

I zoned in and found the little girl, then she is like: are you prepared? 

So I said yes then the event started, afterwords I went AFK parking my toon by the little girl.

I came back about 8 minutes later with some things beating on me, and a "Quest completed!"

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Velenda

Loremaster

It's ought to be a T9 20 man 2 day raid.  

*rolls eyes*

Velenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So I said yes then the event started, afterwords I went AFK parking my toon by the little girl.

I came back about 8 minutes later with some things beating on me, and a "Quest completed!"

And if you put all the plants next to the girl and you.. there wouldn't even be any mobs when you got back heh

Old 10-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
urgthock

Loremaster

I am going to laugh real hard and loud if Talas post gets something about berserkers nerfed... even though I play one.

Maybe then he will finally learn that there are times to just keep your mouth shut.

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Obviously you are waaaaaay overpowered and you need to be adjusted, dont worry I am sure the devs will get the petitions throughout the day.

And yes, they really should have made that little fluff quest something more like increase the wave numbers by a factor of 20 and increase exponentially by 2 on each wave, have them move about 4-5 times faster and break all your gear and insta fail you as soon as any zombie gets near her.

They should also add a hard mode that dictates you MUST finish the instance successfully before you can enter any raid zone again.

That would be about the right amount of difficulty for the little house item things you get.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Felshades

Loremaster

They should have done it like wow's version. They also added a quest right before Cata came out with the old world revamp that plays just like plants vs zombies. And its hard as hell. lol

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Cuedywene

Loremaster

urgthock wrote:

I am going to laugh real hard and loud if Talas post gets something about berserkers nerfed... even though I play one.

Maybe then he will finally learn that there are times to just keep your mouth shut.

lol....yep

Cuedywene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
Deago

Loremaster

Funny I zoned in and got to the little girl and she did the following:

1. Girl says "ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!"

2. Emotes Girl takes a deep breath and bends backwards

3. You have been hit with carebare stare for the death dmg!!  (at this point i realized no amount of hp would help)

4. I cried

It is rather hard to do these quests ..

SMILEY SMILEY

SMILEY SMILEY SMILEY

j/k

Old 10-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
Velenda

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

And yes, they really should have made that little fluff quest something more like increase the wave numbers by a factor of 20 and increase exponentially by 2 on each wave, have them move about 4-5 times faster and break all your gear and insta fail you as soon as any zombie gets near her.

They should also add a hard mode that dictates you MUST finish the instance successfully before you can enter any raid zone again.

That would be about the right amount of difficulty for the little house item things you get.

*standing ovation*

Took the words right outta my mouth...

Old 10-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
Shaolin Sam

Loremaster

Solo'd this on my templar and it's definitely super easy (no complaints). Only complaint I "do" have is it didn't seem like it was obvious about the plant placement and whatnot unless you looked at EQ2 Zam's walkthrough. Reason I say that is I zoned in, chatted with the girl, said "Yeah sure. Hit me" and then just fought my way through the event. After it was over and I got my completion reward, I looked at the walkthrough to see if there was anything neat in the instance I may have missed (easter eggs / etc) and found there was an even EASIER way to do it using the plants.

Honestly didn't seem to recall anything in the zone that hinted about the usage of the plants though.

Regardless... no complaints. Definitely a pathetically super easy quest that the worst geared and clueless pugger type could even complete solo.

Shaolin Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #11
Ruut Li

Loremaster

Shaolin Sam wrote:

Regardless... no complaints. Definitely a pathetically super easy quest that the worst geared and clueless pugger type could even complete solo.

That sure qualifies as a complaint

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #12
kdmorse

Loremaster

Shaolin Sam wrote:

Honestly didn't seem to recall anything in the zone that hinted about the usage of the plants though.

It was part of the text you clicked through.  It didn't say "Go get the plants and they'll help".  It was more of a "Gosh golly gee darn, I was watching, and the plants scattered around fought the zombies when they got close!" - "Are you ready for the zombies, or would you like to do some 'prepareing', wink wink, nudge nudge".

But, um, yah.  Easy is one thing, but maybe it could be sped up a bit? Wait 30 seconds.....  Press one key...  Wait 30 seconds.... Press one key....  rinse... repeate....   It made crafting look absolutely exciting by comparison.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #13
Morghus

Loremaster

I thought it was obnoxious, and was wishing the whole time that the enemies would go faster.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #14
IC3D

Loremaster

No wonder his posts are so uninspired on flames, he doesn't even have to try here.
IC3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #15
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Shaolin Sam wrote:

Yes, you did

Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Cloudrat

Tester

Well nice everyone can pat themselves on the back while making fun of others in the true EQ2 forum troll style. 

I'll bite.  I have tried all sorts of configurations on the plants as well as letting the plants do all the killing, helping the plants do the killing and have ended up with dead Vikkis  half a dozen times and me dead a couple of times sooooo...

I am happy for you who found it so simple, but don't think it is doable by everyone with such ease.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
Gaealiege
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Eruanna Ar Fuin

Loremaster

I assume you're joking, Cloud.  My defiler kills the zombies with any spell cast.  If you're a dps class of any sort, you should auto kill those mobs.  Also they are as slow as molasses.  How did you possibly die?

Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
Elspith

Loremaster

Was a fun event, however, Like Cloudrat, I too also died.  Billy Doll surprised me and we were surrounded by other zombies, was a bit much for my baby warden SMILEY

Billy paid for it tho in the end.  Picked up some fun weapon pieces on the porches!!

Elspith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
d1anaw

Loremaster

I had done the quest on test before they changed it and I had done fine with all the killing the first time, but it didn't work right. Then they fixed it and I died and then was able to complete it. Last night I took my first live character through it. She's a fury. At first, I started killing the zombies, I was able to one or two shot them, but then when they would mob, the plants couldn't keep up and  neither could I, so I started shooting off my ring of fire and concentrated only on healing Vicki, which I only had to do a couple of times, and only once was she down to orange when I did.  After that round I realized I didn't need to bother to fight them individually, as soon as the plants started fighting, I shot off the ring of fire and with only an assist or two was able to complete the quest without failure. I'm not sure how I will do it with my non-healers as I haven't tried it yet.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

I've found that, because the zombies move so slowly, it's very easy to run around to meet the mobs and kill them before they even get close to the plants.  That not only prevents having a bunch of mobs in later stages from swarming and killing you or Vikki, but it also takes away some of the boredom from standing and waiting for the mobs to get to you.  That strategy has worked well for me anyway.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #21
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

you guys didnt look for a loose page on the porch, it got hints on plants.

also that page is clickable and collected, nice for house item.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

I parked my defiler right beside the same girl and the same thing happened.  I am dissapointed because I could just leave my toon afk and ignore the plants and get the quest done while Spiritfire rips everything that attacks me to shreds and my ward that procs when i'm hit heals me for 20 times the amount i'm being hit for.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #23
Velenda

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

Well nice everyone can pat themselves on the back while making fun of others in the true EQ2 forum troll style. 

I'll bite.  I have tried all sorts of configurations on the plants as well as letting the plants do all the killing, helping the plants do the killing and have ended up with dead Vikkis  half a dozen times and me dead a couple of times sooooo...

I am happy for you who found it so simple, but don't think it is doable by everyone with such ease.

Same here....I burned thrugh it with my mage (in mastercraft gear and a ton of AA)..however with my Necro (I can't affrd his mastercraft yet and I dont have as much AA on him), I got my butt handed to me when that doll spawned. I only managed to finish it with a lucky crit. 

Guys not everyone raids, not everyone has a nice crafter to make them uber gear, not every has had years of experence in an MMO....this is a funny quest for some grey vanity items.

That's all it needs to be.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #24
Ruut Li

Loremaster

Btw, why is NotD synonymous with slaughtering children? I think its disturbing, and I definately turn off sound and dont read dialogue in Haunted mansion  In the baby room I rush to the table with my eyes half shut, the cradle/crib with the axe and baby remains is so tacky and disturbing.

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #25
d1anaw

Loremaster

Ruut Li wrote:

Btw, why is NotD synonymous with slaughtering children? I think its disturbing, and I definately turn off sound and dont read dialogue in Haunted mansion  In the baby room I rush to the table with my eyes half shut, the cradle/crib with the axe and baby remains is so tacky and disturbing.

I always play with my sound off anyway. And I do agree to a point, but when you think about it, many, many ghost stories have to do with dead children. I don't know why. Maybe for the same reason that fairy tales involve harming children. Back when these things were created, children didn't have a very high place in society. You just cannot put to much thought into it. I find some of the decor not to my liking so I choose not to make it, same as IRL, there are certain decorations I avoid.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #26
Kynre

Loremaster

Ruut Li wrote:

Stay away from The Estate of Unrest...  really sad there.

Alisza: Arasai Inquisitor/Jeweler
Lieloo: Half Elf Monk/Tailor
Ellifae: Fae Ranger/Woodworker
Meybe: Arasai Warden/Provisioner
Ilbryth: High Elf Illusionist/Sage
Phyraun: Dark Elf Wizard/Carpenter
Kaennja High Elf Necomancer
Synifa Dark Elf BeastLord

UNREST [Eternal Shadows]
Kynre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

blame on Brother Grimms, there lot of dark tales involving childrens.

they were meant as to scare young child to behave very well, or get punished, the stories were intended to remind them, that why Brother Grimms got creatative with stories.

if SOE to introduce "Saw" series, that would be very gritty and gruesome for adult theme of primal sins they commited, so they cant do it due we have kids playing eq2, too extreme for younger players.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #28
Grumble69

Loremaster

Baby:  "Mom, get off Facebook, I'm hungry!"

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #29
kdmorse

Loremaster

The quest's not repeatable is it?  I was to try it naked to see if it's truely gear, or if it just doesn't scale worth a darn.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #30
tfetterman

Loremaster

That quest is only difficult if you turn yourself into a troll before, during, or after the battle!  I think zombies like the rest of the population hate trolls!  There were even plants that would help any other race, but not those who chose to become trolls!

tfetterman is offline   Reply With Quote