EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #61
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

The only way in hell I'd ever think about giving my yes on this would be simply, when the merger happens anyone from the LG Server loses every piece of gear, and coin, and if their character was bought it'd be moved to EQ2X or quite possibly just removed.

That will wipe the [Removed for Content] out, and show these RMT Players what the game is actually about.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #62
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

What exactly do you think RMT means? You obviously have a very skewed perception of what occurs on these servers.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #63
Te'ana

Tester

I'm not willing to move to EQ2X, I am NOT giving up my seven year vet awards just to keep some foks happy on the regular servers. No, nada, nyet, nee, non, nne. Its not happening. Strip me of all that I have earned over the years to please clueless folks. No way, nada, nyet, nee, nne. Its not happening.

For the record, I think Livegamer should be extended to ALL servers, thereby ending the hypocracy about folks buyig stuff from plat farmers on"pure" servers that are anything but pure. That would be better for the entire gaming community and might draw folks thinking about EQ2 to select Live servers instead of EQ2X, which would benefit everyone.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #64
Vellisse

Loremaster

I don't care, no matter what If you come along, so do the players that payed for every bit of their character.

And, no. If they could move anyone who hasn't payed for anything via LG then It'd be fantastic.

But, otherwise If they come as a whole then I'm still all in favor of no.

Nonetheless, it's an opinion. Don't get [Removed for Content].

Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #65
Detor

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

The only way in hell I'd ever think about giving my yes on this would be simply, when the merger happens anyone from the LG Server loses every piece of gear, and coin, and if their character was bought it'd be moved to EQ2X or quite possibly just removed.

That will wipe the [Removed for Content] out, and show these RMT Players what the game is actually about.

Sorry, but IF they do get merged onto say Antonica Bayle, they aren't going to force a move AND forcibly strip all coin/items/gear.  

Now, with that said, I think both sides need to step back and realize the other side has valid points.  RMT DOES happen on the other servers, so it isn't like Livegamer servers are the only ones that can do it.  That's a fact that can't be denied.  On the flip side, people who use Livegamer to buy and sell are used to being able to buy and sell, so when they get merged with another server they're going to seek out the 3rd party market to continue buying and selling what they want (afterall, they didn't make the choice to be on a different ruleset server)  - that could be seen as a negative for some people on the server they get merged with.

As far as inflation concerns and such - the merged server will probably see higher item prices than before for the destination server, and lower item prices for those from The Bazaar/Vox.  This however will quickly become a nonissue since the two populations will quickly adapt to the different pricing on things and it doesn't matter how much you pay for things if you're also making more from broker sells (due to the larger pool of pp roaming around).

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #66
Somatic

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

But you can transfer toons to Exchange servers for free and dump them on us.

LOL - owned.  Good job SOE.

Somatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #67
Te'ana

Tester

Detor wrote:

Sorry, but IF they do get merged onto say Antonica Bayle, they aren't going to force a move AND forcibly strip all coin/items/gear.  

Now, with that said, I think both sides need to step back and realize the other side has valid points.  RMT DOES happen on the other servers, so it isn't like Livegamer servers are the only ones that can do it.  That's a fact that can't be denied.  On the flip side, people who use Livegamer to buy and sell are used to being able to buy and sell, so when they get merged with another server they're going to seek out the 3rd party market to continue buying and selling what they want (afterall, they didn't make the choice to be on a different ruleset server)  - that could be seen as a negative for some people on the server they get merged with.

As far as inflation concerns and such - the merged server will probably see higher item prices than before for the destination server, and lower item prices for those from The Bazaar/Vox.  This however will quickly become a nonissue since the two populations will quickly adapt to the different pricing on things and it doesn't matter how much you pay for things if you're also making more from broker sells (due to the larger pool of pp roaming around).

1) The folks who came knowingly to Exchange servers are the honest folks who didn't want to compromise their accounts by dealling with 3rd party plat farmers. The cheaters are still on the regular servers.

2) Broker prices are generally lower on Exchange servers so that is not a real issue. I play on both types of servers and broker prices on Exchange servers are artificially depressed because of transferrred toons. You pay more than we do now.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #68
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

I don't care, no matter what If you come along, so do the players that payed for every bit of their character.

And, no. If they could move anyone who hasn't payed for anything via LG then It'd be fantastic.

I think I should roll a toon on AB and join your guild so you can teach me how to play this game. I need a good laugh right now.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #69
Vellisse

Loremaster

Sadly, I fear If you come over and realize you can't buy a 90 Toon and T3 Raid Gear your stay will be short.

It's alright If you like easy mode! Just don't push it on us! SMILEY

Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #70
Cuedywene

Loremaster

Some people need to purchase their advancement and others can advance without paying additional money.  I think it's great that SOE is trying to service all types of gamers.  As an Everquest 2 player who worked for my plat and gear I find the approach odd.  That's just a personal preference however.  If these people were to wash ashore on my server I doubt it would change the way I play the game.

Cuedywene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #71
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Sadly, I fear If you come over and realize you can't buy a 90 Toon and T3 Raid Gear your stay will be short.

It's alright If you like easy mode! Just don't push it on us!

lol, thanks for the laugh. I dont buy and dont do easy mode. You just continue to show your ignorance. I just choose not to judge people that do. Its good for the game to allow alternate paths to the same destination.

Its a game, not a lifestyle.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #72
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Please stop with the bickering and insults.  A discussion can be made without these. 

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #73
Te'ana

Tester

I think I should roll a toon on AB and join your guild so you can teach me how to play this game. I need a good laugh right now.

Agreed.

BTW, so far, SOE has honored all transactions which cost real life money, such as additional character slots, mounts, etc. I expect they know we could raise a real legal ruckus if we lost anything we paid for ingood faith with real life money.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #74
thephantomposter

Loremaster

It's alright If you like easy mode! Just don't push it on us!

LOL, how does someone who comes to your server that say has bought everything force their gameplay on you?

Seriously, do you not see the flaw in your logic? Even if they were in the same zone as you, it forces their way of playing on you how? What does it prevent you from doing? Achieving? What do you lose?

There are people in the city I live in who like to live their lives a certain way, as long as no one get hurts or it does not take anything away from me, then it is a no brainer. They can live there. Maybe they won the lottery, maybe they work 2 jobs, maybe they live at home but I am not gonna say, hey, you won the lottery, you can't live here, you have the easy button.

If you were to say, do not bring pvp rule sets to your pve server, then I see what your talking about, that would affect game play for you.

Nothing is being pushed on you, you are making mountains out of mole hills

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #75
Cephas
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew

Loremaster

I understand the Issues  ,sadly im pretty much done  with it . Live Gamer has been a pain  pretty much since the contract was signed . I could give a crap less about what some stuck up whoever the hell you are , thinks about my server, my friends  or my situation  . The fact remains the system was broken by SOE and it can only be fixed by them . Had the proper oversight been given to this aspect of the game (I,E internal trading) we would not be discussing it right now . Our server is dying and more then just a little of that responsibility  falls on those who run the server . We live and die by their rules .

The fact is if i wanted to play on another server i could just log on to it and within a few hours find a account for sale .It would be easy safe and done before the water got cold , and why would I not ?

BECAUSE I ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME . Ill be damned if SOE is going to force me to do something i would not do on VOX !  I have  a level 90 mystic  born, raised, and built here on vox  .He has nothing on him plat or otherwise that has come from the exchange and when he is gone  I too am history  .

so really the issue is either we transfer out ,or we close up shop !

I hate to admit it but maybe sony let us know just how importent we are to the game .

If not how about giving someone a lil help here SOE  we could use it  . Or at the very least man up and put us out or our misery!

Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #76
CrazyMoogle

Loremaster

thephantomposter wrote:

Great sense of community, so many people say SOE is destroying EQ2, I say it might be something completely different ...

It's just like the people who got all high and mighty over the veteran reward house, as though giving it to someone who had been playing for 4 years would somehow destroy the game and their character or something.

CrazyMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #77
Vellisse

Loremaster

Close up shop then! SMILEY

It was your choice to roll on a Livegamer server and you'd be an idiot to have not seen the consequences at the beginning.

Sorry, reroll or leave.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #78
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Dont feed the troll anymore peeps, Shareana has been patient, lets not push her.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #79
screenid

Loremaster

Close up shop then!

It was your choice to roll on a Livegamer server and you'd be an idiot to have not seen the consequences at the beginning.

Sorry, reroll or leave.

HA HA we already know what you think...not sure why you feel it is important to repost over and over and over..(is that what you all call trolling?)  I doubt you would "quit" if they merged us onto the "NONexchange" servers, and if you did (shrug)

We all rage quit from time to time 

Your playing experience is no more important than an Exchange players.   The Exchange servers are dead (Not very MMO like)   The people that choose to stay on the server...and not COPY a toon over to Exteneded, should be Merged with the NONEXCHANGE servers when SOE legally can.    

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #80
Detor

Loremaster

Detor wrote:

1) The folks who came knowingly to Exchange servers are the honest folks who didn't want to compromise their accounts by dealling with 3rd party plat farmers. The cheaters are still on the regular servers.

True, the ones that transferred and played on The Bazaar are the ones that, if possible, prefer to do things legitimately (while others simply stayed on the servers they were on and did business on 3rd party auction sites after Exchange/Livegamer was created).  The difference is - if there is NO legitimate route left at all, then you better believe at least more than a few of them will turn to 3rd party auction sites to buy or sell what they want instead.

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #81
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Merge the two LG servers together or allow characters that have never been sold to come over buck naked. Only two options in my book. No way should SOE allow characters that have been bought and sold to wind up on a regular server.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #82
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Oi Oi.

Peeps, This is my realm of territory here. Don't Y'all think about starting anything with ruckus in here.

First of all.

Throw out all prior conceptions you have about RMT and or The Bazaar.

Why?

Almost all are wrong.

As well as the fact that there is legitimate RMT on every server now already with LoN and SC, and the third party market of illegal plat sellers.

So there is little to no difference between our servers.

Everything else is exactly the same.

Now.

What exactly makes the play style on our server detrimental to yours.

Really? Tell me?

You really think just because someone has bought a toon, which people have done on your server, that they automatically suck?

Hasty Generalization.

What other reasons? We can buy things so automatically we are not up to your par in quality community?

That's just an appeal to pity. ...but... THEY ARE DIFFERENT! No. We are not.

Our in game economy? That's been hyper deflated by the massive introduction of supply and little demand. We would likely flood whatever servers broker with massive amounts of low priced items.

Give me a complaint. I shall tell you why it fails.

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #83
Vortexelemental

Loremaster

Kenazeer wrote:

Merge the two LG servers together or allow characters that have never been sold to come over buck naked. Only two options in my book. No way should SOE allow characters that have been bought and sold to wind up on a regular server.

If you think anyone would accept this. You are severely mistaken. Many people have put a lot of effort into characters and might have items that are unique on them.

This would be a slap in the face and likely cause half of the server to quit.

Why shouldn't characters that have been bought be allowed on a regular server? It's been done there before too.

Not through livegamer, but certainly done otherwise. Character transfers to another account and account trades.

If you think your home is all perfect and pure you need to realize reality.

There goes my sandwich.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #84
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Close up shop then!

Sorry, reroll or leave.

OMG, I get it now. You are in Eternal Destiny. That guild was started on AB by the people from Bazaar in Eternal Destiny that left a few years ago to roll on AB and rebuild there on a higher population server wasnt it?

That explains why you dont want people to get to move without giving anything up. Gotcha 

Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #85
Vortexelemental

Loremaster

As an extreme example.

This is comparing those on The Bazaar to a detrimental portion of society, but as we are viewed as such it's best to use it.

Did you know that there is likely a drug dealer, or a heavy drug user near where you live?

You probably know them well, and perhaps even invite them over for parties often.

You get along.

It's almost not noticeable, until one day you catch them in the act.

They aren't a bad person, just stuck in addiction.

Do you tell the cops and get them arrested, do you maintain friendship helping them through their problem, do you ignore it, or do join them? (there could be other or's)

What would you do?

Keep in mind this person is an overall nice person and friendly in the community.

You want my evidence for this?

My parents are heavy drug users. They have a lot of friends, and they are well known in the community for being upstanding people.

Now, would you alienate our server just for something in which you condemn, but is not even necessarily bad, when you might not condemn a drug user for their addiction? (If you chose to report them to the police, I respect that decision but realize the possible consequences and the total destruction of their entire lives in that choice. If you can still make it, well, I hope you aren't arguing it for the sake of arguing.)

There goes my sandwich.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #86
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Kenazeer wrote:

Then maybe the other servers should quit selling them on Bazaar in the first place right?

Those toons were not magically bought from SOE and they most certainly are not in the same state in which they were bought.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #87
Vellisse

Loremaster

You know what, it really doesn't matter. Theirs a contract, and fact is Livegamer is not going to drop it because they would lose out on their profits if they lost the server.

/end

I'm done with this thread, You roll on a server you pay for the consequences of the ruleset.

And If it didn't occur to you at the time that a server in which you can buy your way through the game won't be dead then you should've left a long time ago.

I'm not going to repeat myself again, If you don't have a clue or understand that by bringing over the players onto main servers from LG Servers, your also getting the players that bought their way through the game and they will effectively destroy the community.

I bid you a goodbye Vox/Bazaar Players.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #88
Vortexelemental

Loremaster

You know what, it really doesn't matter. Theirs a contract, and fact is Livegamer is going to drop it because they would lose out on their profits if this happened.

/end

I'm done with this thread, You roll on a server you pay for the consequences of the ruleset.

And If it didn't occur to you at the time that a server in which you can buy your way through the game won't be dead then you should've left a long time ago.

It's highly unlikely there is much or any of a profit in the condition of the server and the customer service/uptime of the LG service.

If you meant isn't going to drop it, ....so?

You simply reject every perspective other than your own out of selfish and unrealistic desire to maintain an imaginary purity to your server.

Edit: Good riddance. You know it took me 6 months to learn what the exchange was at the time I was playing. I wouldn't exactly call that a small amount of time invested along with the at the time incredibly difficult leveling curve four years ago.

Besides the fact that our own borders have never been kept closed and as such it's not our own fault it ended up this way, it is inevitably Sony's.

RMT is everywhere with LoN, SC, and illegal schemes, don't think you are somehow exempt from this. If you can claim that our entire server is corrupt because of our legal RMT, I can claim your entire server is corrupt from your illegal RMT.

Whether any one of us participated or not.

There goes my sandwich.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #89
skidmark

Loremaster

What is about some people?

At this point I don't care what the answer is, I just want an answer from SOE. If the message is hard-line re-roll or quit, fine, just tell us.

If the message is as soon as the contract is over we will be doing x with y characters and/or stripping z characters, fine, just tell us.

skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #90
Peogia

Loremaster

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote