EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #31
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I have to agree it does bring out the selfish jerks. I can live with the folks poaching  my mob, but the real jerks just run amok and do not bother to loot thier corpses. This really messes with respawn rates since each unlooted corpse will remain there for about 5 minutes for its owner to return to loot it, then it will stay there for a few minutes more for someone else to loot it. That really messes up respawn rates.

Erm.Corpses dont affect respawn rates, [Removed for Content].

As for OP:One weekend 2 or 3 times a year, I think you can live with busy dungeons then, since they are pretty much dead the other 50 weekends in the year, heh.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #32
Te'ana

Tester

Geothe wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I have to agree it does bring out the selfish jerks. I can live with the folks poaching  my mob, but the real jerks just run amok and do not bother to loot thier corpses. This really messes with respawn rates since each unlooted corpse will remain there for about 5 minutes for its owner to return to loot it, then it will stay there for a few minutes more for someone else to loot it. That really messes up respawn rates.

Erm.Corpses dont affect respawn rates, [Removed for Content].

As for OP:One weekend 2 or 3 times a year, I think you can live with busy dungeons then, since they are pretty much dead the other 50 weekends in the year, heh.

Well, at least we know who you are now SMILEY

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #33
Denon

Loremaster

I admit it, I really do not expect SOE to even consider getting rid of Bonus EXP weekends. I also would have been shocked if anyone else responded that they think it also should go away. I wrote the original message out of frustration when I realized that the quests I was working on was taking more then twice as long as they normally would - therefore resulting with less then normal EXP. I was also frustrated because I would log in a different toon to work on a different part and just run into another person doing the same thing. So I would stop, try again a few hours later and find the same thing and again someone who would ignore or give me a jerky response. So then I was thinking whats with all the jerks this weekend? I thought this was EQ2, not WoW, people are usually not a problem here. Yes there are the occasional jerks, but this many right now, and I keep running into them?

Anyway, these are the T9 SH solo quests that were added 2 updates ago that end up with the Legendary Weapon and Belt.  My Main did them when the quests were added, I figured bonus EXP weekend would be a great time to go through them with all the alts - now I know better. 

As far as wiping out an entire area goes, my main Wizard can kind of do it, and I have done it and yes it is fun! Especially mentoring down and wiping out places like Runneyeye - thats really fun. HOWEVER, I never do it when there are other people around and I definitely would not do it during bonus EXP weekend when I know people are in there. I actually do a '/who' just to make sure in some of those places.

I also was not going to get into an instance group over the weekend because my kids were home. I'll log in and play while they are watching a movie, but I never know how long until they get bored. So I dont want to get in a group  when I know there is a very good chance that 20min later I will have to tell them oops sorry got to go - or sorry got to go AFK, not sure how long it will be - possibly 10-20min.

Next Bonus EXP weekend I try better to find something else to do if I want to play the game. I wish there was some 'Solo/Duo' NON-Contested content that I could casually do with a friend.  I probably should have originally asked for that in this thread instead of 'No More Bonus/Double EXP weekends'. I know everyone likes the weekends - so I take it back.

Denon

----------------------- [ Permafrost Server] -----------------
Thomm ... Qeynos 92/320 Troubador, 92 Carpenter, T9 (450) Transmuter
Denon ..... Qeynos 90/320 Warden, 90 Tailor
Draziw ..... Freeport 92/320 Wizard, 90 Sage
Jacuzzi .... Freeport 92/320 Necromancer, 90 Woodworker
Steab ...... Qeynos 92/320 Guardian, 90 Armorer, T9 (450) Tinker
----------------------------------------------------------------

.....(-.-).....

Denon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #34
Lannan

Lord

I was doing a lot of aoe'ing this weekend. It's the most effeceint way for my sk to fight. No one sent me any tells and everyone seemed ok with it. Of course when I saw someone trying to do something I would move on. At level 22 I spent most of my time in the rumbler caves, a solo resettable instance. That way I wouldn't bother anyone. I can understand the frustration of watching someone clear out 50 mobs in 2 pulls. 

Lannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #35
Gilasil

Loremaster

If it indeed happened as the op says it happened I can see why he's upset and I don't blame him.

However, this kind of behavior comes with the territory with MMOs.  I can't believe someone's response was that he should play WoW.

MMOs are not the place to go if for consistently mature considerate behavior.  Most people I encounter are considerate but there's enough which aren't that everyone is going to have to deal with them.

And of course nobody is going to agree with you about killing bonus experience weekends because they all want bonus exp weekends.  They want more, not less.

This kind of crap (both in-game and ulterior motives in posts) comes with the territory.  I wish it didn't but it does.  If you're going to play MMOs (ANY MMOs) you just have to deal with it.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #36
Kordran

Loremaster

Denon wrote:

I wish there was some 'Solo/Duo' NON-Contested content that I could casually do with a friend. 

People have been asking for solo/duo instances for a long time (and there's actually a few in the game, but they're lower tier). The problem comes in with regards to what the rewards would be for those zones. Likely there would be players wanting the same kind of legendary and lower-end fabled you get in other instances; realistically however, it would be treasured and lower-end legendary drops (like what drops from overland contested), and so very few people would even bother running them more than once (for the named AA).

Personally, I think it would be nice if all instances had easy/normal/hard mode settings with loot dropped based on difficulty. Easy mode would be designed for 2-3 and drop mostly treasured with some legendary. Normal mode as they are now. Hard mode would have an increased chance to drop exquisite chests and would award more plat and shards/marks for completion (of course, if they actually had more things worth spending those on, that would be special too). Perhaps throw in some decent achievement awards for doing hard mode instances as well.

I wouldn't be holding my breath, though.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #37
Yimway

Loremaster

They've been systematically removing the instances that respawn for people to troll them for aa, as a result the troll the contested dungeons.

Even outside of a bonus xp weekend, dungeons like FG are frequently overrun with aoe level locked aa farmers.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They've been systematically removing the instances that respawn for people to troll them for aa, as a result the troll the contested dungeons.

Even outside of a bonus xp weekend, dungeons like FG are frequently overrun with aoe level locked aa farmers.

True story I have been doing Runny Eye/SolEye before and after the xp weekend. If they gave me an instance that respawned at a decent rate and could be used over and over.. I would be there instead.. but atm nothing beats the mass pulling of RE basement for me lol

Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #39
Larce

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Exactly why I posted what I did earlier in this thread, it's the double XP that is the issue, it's the bagillion AoEs this game has.

Larce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #40
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

nm

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #41
Denon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Denon wrote:

I wish there was some 'Solo/Duo' NON-Contested content that I could casually do with a friend. 

People have been asking for solo/duo instances for a long time (and there's actually a few in the game, but they're lower tier). The problem comes in with regards to what the rewards would be for those zones. Likely there would be players wanting the same kind of legendary and lower-end fabled you get in other instances; realistically however, it would be treasured and lower-end legendary drops (like what drops from overland contested), and so very few people would even bother running them more than once (for the named AA).

Personally, I think it would be nice if all instances had easy/normal/hard mode settings with loot dropped based on difficulty. Easy mode would be designed for 2-3 and drop mostly treasured with some legendary. Normal mode as they are now. Hard mode would have an increased chance to drop exquisite chests and would award more plat and shards/marks for completion (of course, if they actually had more things worth spending those on, that would be special too). Perhaps throw in some decent achievement awards for doing hard mode instances as well.

I think this would be the ideal solution.  ' instances had easy/normal/hard mode settings ' would be awsome !

I almost want to rename the title of this thread now - removing the EXP weekend is the wrong way to go. I am sorry I posted it like that. Solutions like this are 100 X better !!!

----------------------- [ Permafrost Server] -----------------
Thomm ... Qeynos 92/320 Troubador, 92 Carpenter, T9 (450) Transmuter
Denon ..... Qeynos 90/320 Warden, 90 Tailor
Draziw ..... Freeport 92/320 Wizard, 90 Sage
Jacuzzi .... Freeport 92/320 Necromancer, 90 Woodworker
Steab ...... Qeynos 92/320 Guardian, 90 Armorer, T9 (450) Tinker
----------------------------------------------------------------

.....(-.-).....

Denon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #42
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

I took my alt through some contested dungeons over the weekend, does that make me a Jerk?

People do this even without bonus weekends (especially now that XP bonuses stack differently). The people that are jerks about it are going to be so regardless of whether or not it's a bonus XP weekend. There's also plenty of people that take alts through to level them up or to grind AA that are not Jerks, and frankly it's not hard at all to avoid being a jerk. All it takes is some common courtesy, like not pulling through other people or running ahead of other groups to grab nameds.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #43
Draylore

Loremaster

What i find amazing in all this is that there are still so many "leet toons" that still need all this AA.

250 is so easy to get even doing it normally without any mass grind sessions...../shrug.

They had to have been PL newb level 90 alts with like 100 AAs or something and if they do it like I have in the past, then they were not even looking at tells or chat or anything.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #44
Solarax

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you see them, send them a tell saying you need X named for a quest and are in the process of clearing to him, especially if you're close (ie. are working on the last set of trash before pulling him). When they proceed to blow past you and kill him anyway, take a /report from the point you sent the tell, then /petition them for zone disruption. Don't complain about him kill-stealing or anything, complain that he took a named you needed for a quest after having been told you needed that named for a quest and after you'd asked if you could group with him to get the update. It may take the GMs 10-15 minutes to get to those petitions, but several of those petitions from different people in a short time tends to make the GMs annoyed with the offender.

this is the correct thing to do BUT its sometimes difficult to do

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #45
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Dear SoE,

Please never ever remove the bonus weekends. Ever. Because they're amazing and I love them. Its like getting a puppy on a day other than Christmas or your birthday.

Love,

Me

Old 09-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #46
Frenzywolf
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cryptic Knights

Lord

Draylore wrote:

What i find amazing in all this is that there are still so many "leet toons" that still need all this AA.

250 is so easy to get even doing it normally without any mass grind sessions...../shrug.

They had to have been PL newb level 90 alts with like 100 AAs or something and if they do it like I have in the past, then they were not even looking at tells or chat or anything.

Not necessarily. I was never power leveled but as a new player I did not understand the significance of leveling your AA's  along with your level and now playing catch up (now that I understand my alts are doing much better with this) Some of us understood too late when we started out.. not much explains the AA thing until you learn the hard way hehe.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #47
Grumble69

Loremaster

Draylore wrote:

The "ease" factor has nothing to do with it.   It's the time sink that's involved.  Most people that are working on alts are wanting to reach the end game asap and have no interest strolling through lowbie land for a few months doing quests, dungeon grinds, and named killing.  ...yet again.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
Jeepned2

Loremaster

I'm a raider. That's all I do. So yes, I'm still not at 250AA. Actually, not even close. Oh well. SoE has screwed up so much of the game as far as I'm concerned that I log on, raid, log off.  So when do I pick up some extra AA? Weekends like this one.  Do I do a lot of stealing of mobs? Not really. As a Coercer I can't really have 20-30 mobs on me. But I can go for the big boys. And I always try to have a big boy charmed for the jerks who steal my mobs. It is very east to get my charmed mob close to the jerk then dump the charm and let him aggro the jerk. Tinkered FD item makes this even easier. So I don't worry too much about the AA "farmers" interfering with me. There are always a way to fix the problem.

Jeepned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #49
Gungo

Loremaster

Send them a tell saying you need the mob. Then imediately follow that up with a petition. Sure it takes you a few moments to type that up but hey afte ryou are done someone has a mark on thier account. Eventually if it is a reoccuring theme or if more people petition this type of behavior you will get the person suspended.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #50
Cuedywene

Loremaster

I play on Mistmoore and I noticed quite a few people in the shared dungeons....I went and did instances and didn't have that problem.

I did a few rounds in the shared dungeons and saw a couple lonely toons following us around a bit.  That wasn't you was it?  If so we never received any tells.  We would have invited you!

Cuedywene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #51
Wigg
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Chosen

Loremaster

I plvled a friend over the weekend.  I have a T2/ couple pieces T3 raid geared zerker.  There was a group farming mobs in the hole.  I politely sent them a tell and asked them if the wanted to share mobs, they declined.  For 4 hours every 30 minutes I sent them a tell with this request.  After almost 6 hours of them having the mobs, I decided screw it.  I pulled every mob in that area and did so for the next 3 hours.  

Just because someone is geared doesn't mean they are the jerks.  I gave that 6 man group plenty of time to split mobs with me, because none of them had close to my gear.  One basically told me to F off and that was the end of me being polite...  So out of the 100 mobs I would kill in that area, they would get maybe 5 of them.  Just don't assume because they are mass pulling they are always the ones being the jerk. 

Wigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #52
Thunndar316

Loremaster

Well, my Mystic alt went from 125 to 225 AA in one weekend doing solo quests.  Also went from level 75 to 80. 

I love the double weekends, only problem is after 40+ hours over 3 days I feel sick to my stomach for playing that much EQ.

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #53
isest

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I plvled a friend over the weekend.  I have a T2/ couple pieces T3 raid geared zerker.  There was a group farming mobs in the hole.  I politely sent them a tell and asked them if the wanted to share mobs, they declined.  For 4 hours every 30 minutes I sent them a tell with this request.  After almost 6 hours of them having the mobs, I decided screw it.  I pulled every mob in that area and did so for the next 3 hours.  

Just because someone is geared doesn't mean they are the jerks.  I gave that 6 man group plenty of time to split mobs with me, because none of them had close to my gear.  One basically told me to F off and that was the end of me being polite...  So out of the 100 mobs I would kill in that area, they would get maybe 5 of them.  Just don't assume because they are mass pulling they are always the ones being the jerk. 

I saw a similar situation on our server.  This group had a defiler, a zerker and 2 dirges boxed.  I was the only other person there.  I would have been content just killing 2 mobs at a time but they wanted the entire zone.

I sent a tell to ask them if I could join,  the replay was ST** this is a contested zone and we will do what we want. I then asked them if I could stick to the one coner and the reply was you can pull what you get, then they parked their toons on top of me, and did there best to chain agro on me. 

Well I logged into my sk who is at the max 250 aa, and took the wife's inq down who did need the AA.  I decided if they wanted to be jerks I would give them a little taste of their own medicine.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #54
Valentina
Guild: House of Fallen Shadows

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Denon wrote:

As one member of a duo, we'd love that.  We have enjoyed duoing instances like Nektropos, but are finding that, as we reach higher level instances, the encounters are often scripted so as to require more than two people, (off-tank for adds, secondary healer, etc.).

Valentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #55
Krakus
Guild: The Black Knights

Loremaster

Brings out the jerks?

Deal with the fact that this a MMO and not everyone is gonna be helpful, or kind.

I think this weekend was the most activity Butcherblock has had in awhile. Everything was selling, Groups for every tier were going on.

All in all, we need more of these instead of every 6months IMHO.

I didn't hear one complaint this whole Labor Day weekend.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #56
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

Zone into Sanctum of Fear... Clear to first named... Zone out... Repeat. Unlimited mobs and no competition.

KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #57
erin

Loremaster

Draylore wrote:

LOL.

I have been playing literally since launch day.  I have 3 level 90 chars, and none of them are at 250.  Neither are any of my other alts.  It may be easy for some, but those of us that are altaholics tend not to get to 250 quite as easily.  Its a choice, don't get me wrong, its a choice I made.  But don't assume your playstyle is everyone's.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #58
Teshra

Loremaster

Anduri wrote:

Noone agreed with your first ost. I think you'll find noone will agree with that one either.

The XP weekends are a nice change of pace. Is it really so bad that at the absolute worst you have to wait a couple of days for normality.

People agreed with the OP in this thread. You just chose to ignore their side of the argument. For the record, I'm pro-XP weekends.

But to answer you question, is it really so bad that at the absolute worst you have to wait a couple minutes for the mobs you are plowing thru to respawn so one person or group can get their update?

Teshra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #59
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Let's remember to be respectful in the posting please?  Insults will help no one here SMILEY

As for the OP, If you asked them to leave you some mobs and they ignored, then there is always the /petition route.  There were a lot of people playing this weekend, which does make contested mobs harder to get.

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #60
Kaszan
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Nexus

Lord

Contested zones are bound to have some small problems on these exp weekends, I encountered one guy who was making it hard for everyone in a particular area in Stonebrunt to get updates for quests.

However on the other side of the coin I was pulling Orcs in Frostfang and accidently pulled the entire camp, not noticing the guy standing off to the side of the camp. But a swift apology and the offer of an invite to the poor guy seemed to prevent any agro.

Kaszan is offline   Reply With Quote