EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 12:06 AM   #151
Niami DenMother

That's an odd server setting for beta. You'll get all sorts of odd Fallen Gate achievements if you use a bauble to buff levels, too.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:09 AM   #152
Niami DenMother

The illusion does nothing to your aggro with the nilborien. However, it is acting odd for some people. For others, it seems to be working just fine. Gninja's been up to his eyeballs in alligators, but it *might* help if you list the toon names that had the issue (unless you've already deleted them), in case he has time to sniff out what effect on you is competing with the illusion. He may not have the time, but if you drop the info here, it'll save him asking and waiting for a response. BigGrin
Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 AM   #153
Whilhelmina

Yeah, though so mum, just wanted to make sure it was known.

There's a problem with Mourndax V'Zeaar's muttering. I'm standing in the Service Gallery, 903, 411, -171 , and everytime somebody triggers the muttering, I see in my chat "Mourndax V'Zeaar mumbles something to himself."
I'm pretty sure I'm waaaaay too far to actually hear him talk and even less mumble!
It's during the final quest, "The Scrivener's Tale"
Old 10-23-2018, 01:58 AM   #154
Gninja

Developer

All that muttering should be fixed in next build. Smile
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:38 AM   #155
Sigrdrifa

Quest: The Scrivener's Tale: Custodial Refurbishment
Alamiri Lorfaere is standing with her head right under a tree bough so that her quest book is very hard to see. Move her over a meter or so and the book will be easier to see.

[IMG]
Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 AM   #156
Mirt

When are the rewards for the various ts quests going in in Beta?
Old 10-23-2018, 05:57 AM   #157
Sigrdrifa

They've already started adding quest rewards. I just turned in two collections and they had not only the metal-collection piece but a selection of armor, which was not the case a day ago.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #158
Xianthia

I ran the quest today on a level 24 adventurer (obviously 110 tradeskiller). That nilborien was further away so I was able to do that part of the quest line without any issues.

I am going to go back and watch it for a bit see if it's that I got lucky on it's pathing or was it moved further away. I reported that mob early on beta release. I was doing the quest line on level 110 and no matter how I approached the pad the mob would aggro. Today was completely different and much better with the aggro range.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #159
Katzandra

Well here goes my anonymity!

Gnomi did the quest first and had the problem with the losing the ability to cast a mount after she cancelled the illusion. She looked like a clumsy nilborien though and could fly using only the illusion. I did not have to adjust her hide illusion status for her to look like a nilborien. She also had an icon for the illusion that I could cancel in her maintained spells. Didn't find one for Talbott. Can't remember if I looked on JJ.

Talbott and Jumjune lost the ability to fly when they cast the illusion, did not look like a nilborien, but could cast their mount and fly and complete the quest.

All three are still beta toons. Delete toons????
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #160
Katzandra

Running a fourth toon through the trade skill beta.

Skramble has pack 4 set for recipe scrolls and pack 3 for quest items. I noticed that the first recipe for the quest line dropped in pack 4. At some point, the recipes started sorting as quest items. It was a bit confusing at first because I was looking for the recipe in the recipe pack!

Added note: On the Mourndax quest the first recipe sorted as a recipe.......
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:32 PM   #161
Mirt

This is the tradeskill sig line feedback section, so I was asking about tradeskill sig line rewards, not collections or armor from adventure quests. Smile
Old 10-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #162
Sigrdrifa

Um hmm. Itemization is itemization, so they've started.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #163
Mermut

The adventure quest rewards were in from day 1 of beta.
There has been no word on when/if the tradeskill rewards are going to make it into beta.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #164
Whilhelmina

None of the chars I did the timeline with have shown the illusion. They all dismounted. The ability to cast a mount didn't drop (it dropped for me with the "it's hard to be gangrene"). They all had troubles casting the mount after copying to beta.

Anyway. The chars not showing the illusion where:
- Leucosia (female erudite - copied from Test. She had the expansion illusion on. which is randomly male btw)
- Danusia (female high elf - copied from Thurgadin with a random name, aka Tempxxyyyyyyy )
- Blanchette (female ratonga - copied from Test)

I planned on a 4th run with Yseult tonight (female barbarian - copied from Test). I'll let you know if it works for her.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:32 PM   #165
Gninja

Developer

The tradeskill rewards are in progress.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #166
Whilhelmina

Great news on the illusion! Thanks my little yummy gnome Gninja and Caith!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #167
Niami DenMother

Difficulties Delivering: 2nd-hand report x 2. Apparently some folks stand in *just* the wrong spot when talking to Zuvet after polishing the monument, and end up with the bag of shards pinning them in place, requiring an evac or other port in order to get themselves unstuck. (The bag plops down for you to try, and fail to grab, and if you're standing in the right/wrong spot it then blocks you from moving. 2 folks in chat mentioned it the other night, but naturally, didn't post.)
Old 10-23-2018, 11:28 PM   #168
Gninja

Developer

This should already be fixed. I remove collision from the rocks.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:41 AM   #169
Anatha

The Scrivener's Tale: The Proof of Power. When I put on the illusion I lose speed dramatically. Not sure if that is supposed to happen.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #170
Gninja

Developer

I got the illusion figured out (Shoutout: With a little halp from Caith!) Hope to get it applied to beta asap. Btw... The illusion will now be a permanent item you can keep. You will still only be able to use it in that specific zone though.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:39 AM   #171
Mirt

exactly my point
Old 10-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #172
Miragian

I finished "The Scrivener's Tale: The Proof of Power." yesterday and had the same experience, massive reduction in speed. I was at base %25 until I thought to use my earring and then I think I was at 75%. Rather than the 150 or more I was use to. which would have been fine except that i made (and case) the illusion no where near where it was needed. So it took a while to get around.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #173
Whilhelmina

YAY ! I BROKE A QUEST ! *dances the happy dance*

hum

So

Breaking quests is a must in beta, heh! There's not a lot of quests where you need to gather specific stuff during a step then have to craft said stuff, so I thought I would try and fail some crafts.

The Scrivener's Tale: The Reach of the Ivy
I gathered all the pottery parts, then went on to FAIL the craft on third bar on the step "Craft the pottery". I only got one of the shard of broken pottery back. I still have 2 vials of sticky sap in store as it only uses one, but the quest requires 3 shards of broken pottery, so I'm missing 2 and there's no pottery to smash around anymore. None of the NPC gives me back some shards and the bag next to Temry is not clickable either. So I'm stuck.

I deleted the quest and took it back. I had only 1 vial and 2 potteries to collect (it counted what I already had in inventory)
I had to destroy the extra recipe-book from inventory.

On turn in, Temry Loneivy in Vegarlson still only has a feather and not a book above his head.

The Scrivener's Tale: Followup Friendships
The journal still says "Catalog Entry I: ???". I don't remember if it was intended or not from previous discussions here.

The Scrivener's Tale: Back to the Library. Shhh!
Cookie is obviously still hidden with no book on the map (even if he has one above his head)

The Scrivener's Tale: A Crafter's Plea
Perhaps it would be best to bring up the whisp to Xegony's altar AFTER the craft as it disappears once the craft updates (and the table is at the zone entrance)
Old 10-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #174
SgtPmpkn

The Scrivener's Tale: The Proof of Power
Maybe its just me but after I crafted the illusion spell i was looking for the item in my inventory. I didnt see it, until I read the text saying it was placed in my "mount window"??? It seems out of place to be there, so wanted to know if this is a bug or not. Also when trying to put it on through the mount window it is only allowed in the Plane of Air which is fine, but just isn't very intuitive post crafting.

Just my opinion.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:56 PM   #175
Whilhelmina

The Scrivener's Tale: The Proof of Power
Quest doesn't really work or it needs more explanations. I crafted the illusion then proceeded to go to the Aerie before casting it (because of the speed drop). When I arrived at the Aerie and clicked the quest helper (by the way I see only one illusion now and not the "5" at the bottom right) I got the message "You may only use items in your inventory.".
I thought it was because I zoned from one place to the other so I went back to the entrance, cracked a progress pot (that combo is a tad long to do) and recrafted it and got the same message. Re-recrafted it and that time I spotted the "[Celestial Nilborien Illusion] was placed in your mount window" line.

And yeah, here where my 3 "illusions" and I could mount one and got turned into a Nilborien (I'm sooo sexy right now!).

So it works really well but you might want to drop the "clicky button" in the quest helper and specify "use the illusion from your mount inventory". Or give the ability to cast the mount without equipping it in mount (or clicking icon/macro will switch to "equip said mount" which would be very useful btw). But it's not really easy to understand in the current state.

The Scrivener's Tale
The Scrivener doesn't have a quest feather/book on the map for the first step and we don't really know where he is if we're a crafter. We were never introduced, so it might be nice to have a pointer.

New spot for Alamiri is perfect !
Old 10-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #176
Cyrrena

My mount window has been full for over 2 years. So, when I crafted the illusion, it appeared as a mask with a 5 in the lower right corner in my backpack, I drug it to a hotbar button and went from there. But yes the speed decrease seemed excessive. I stopped, dropped my mount and all speed buffs, then resummoned my mount and recast my speed buffs and that seemed to make it almost right again.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #177
Gninja

Developer

In order to allow the illusion to fly it has to be cast from the mount window. for something to be able to be clicked from the helper it has to be in inventory (not mount window) so I can only do one or the other.

I will check on the speed difference but it should be giving you the default flying speed. (150 I believe)
Old 10-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #178
Whilhelmina

I had 160% on Yseult, so it seems to work as it should since last patch (I'm checking the weaponsmith items then I'll run yet another char to check for recipe fails in earlier steps, first quest is ok but I didn't check the cinder stuff).
So as it has to come from the mount window, just remove the icon from quest helper and write "(mount window)" in the text or something like that (like /cry from the previous step)

The book was written and not in inventory, might be the reason. You could try despawning the vases only after the crafting is complete, or change it to make it turn back 3 pottery shards.
No problems for the feathers, if there's a good reason, we'll manage, it's not game breaking in any way.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:54 PM   #179
Gninja

Developer

Nah it was that you could destroy and pick up the pieces from them if on stage 3... but you couldn't see them to do that. I fixed that and you should be able to go back and get more if you have not completed stage 3 yet.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #180
Gninja

Developer

Being in a dangerous place is part of the quest... If I made it super easy to wander around it wouldn't make much sense. I made sure there are multiple ways to obtain the item and the item moves every so often if not picked up. I have no plans to change that. Sorry.