EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Rynir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

Title says it all. Please change the warden spell Tranquility so that they can not cast it out of group. 

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...8/eq2000191.jpg

Just tell me why a level 80 warden is able to cast this on a lvl 32 player player while they are in the middle of fighting?

Rynir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

There has been an exploit around since the dawn of time that allows high level druids to heal their buddies fighting in PVP against targets that are very much out of range of the druids.... 

I did a bug report this and send in a petition about it... a long time ago.... i assume they didnt actually fix it, just as they never actually fix any other exploit in the game used on a regular basis.

lets use a lvl 80 druid and a lvl 20 tank friend, just for simplicity sake.

lvl 80 druid is grouped with lvl 20 tank, unmentored,

A lvl 20 scout comes along, sees the 2 of them together, the lvl 20 has full wings to indicate he is grouped with this lvl 80 red.... so he knows not to attack until the wings are dropped and the tank gets a red outline again.

lvl 80 druid casts a HOT on the lvl 20 and then drops group...

The lvl 20 scout sees the lvl 20 tank drop his full wings and goes in for the kill..

But wait, that HOT is still ticking on the lvl 20 tank and heals some of the damage done to the 20 tank. 

Lvl 20 tank can now attack the lvl 20 scout and.....

All of a sudden  that chain of events allows the lvl 80 druid to heal the lvl 20 tank during the duration of the fight......  which would of course allow them to cast tranquility on them as well....

(this is how it happened to me, but i have been told that the 80 doesnt have to immediately have dropped group just prior to the attack, they can just heal that lvl 20 tank before they engage and as long as the lvl 20 tank is "under the influence" of the HoT when the scout attacks him, it will initiate the chain of events...)

I used to see it all the time back before SOE destroyed low tier PVP on the game and there were actually fights out in the open world zones, not jsut on SS docks and in DLW... but i digress...  I havn't seen it done in a long long tiem because there is no PVP in low tiers anymore besides zerg fests, where that chain of events would be near impossible to duplicate.

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Rynir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

While that could also happen a warden is able to cast tranquility on whatever ally its want to without grouping with them.  The problem is Tranquility is considered a cure, for some reason priests are able to cure people outside of their lvl range in pvp combat, and once it cures something it heals them for each hostile effect that is cured off of them.  Ive seen lvl 80 wardens stroll around in Darklight woods casting tranquility on lower level  people in the midle of fighting and make them near unkillable as they get a full heal ever 10 to 15 secs when tranquility ticks off ( its considered a cure over time).

Rynir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
We_want_your_soul

Loremaster
We_want_your_soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 194
Default

Rynir wrote:

Title says it all. Please change the warden spell Tranquility so that they can not cast it out of group. 

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...8/eq2000191.jpg

Just tell me why a level 80 warden is able to cast this on a lvl 32 player player while they are in the middle of fighting?

Tell me why you even care. There were like 50 of you beating on one guy and he died anyways.

I almost cared for your win?

We_want_your_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
Rynir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

We_want_your_soul wrote:

Rynir wrote:

Title says it all. Please change the warden spell Tranquility so that they can not cast it out of group. 

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...8/eq2000191.jpg

Just tell me why a level 80 warden is able to cast this on a lvl 32 player player while they are in the middle of fighting?

Tell me why you even care. There were like 50 of you beating on one guy and he died anyways.

I almost cared for your win?

I care because this happens to me all the time when I am fighting someone around a high lvl warden.  Right when im about to kill someone the warden pops tranquility and cures off all my dots ad debuffs and the person im fighting is back at 100% health.  The screen shot I posted was jsut one example i decided to take of the exploit.  I dont know they person and yes it sucks that he was getting jumped but the fact is a lvl 80 warden should not be able to heal and cure a lvl 32 person who is not grouped with the warden while he is fighing. It is obviously an exploit and needs to be fixed. End of story.

Rynir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:59 AM   #6
Desna
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Veeshans Fury
Rank: Vegeta Cheerleading squad -Recruit

Loremaster
Desna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 256
Default

I am curious to know why it isn't 'raid friend' and instead is just 'friend'...but come on, even with aa into it it's a long recast time. Honestly, there are many worse things in the pvp aspect of this game I'd like them to focus on than this...especially since if they screwed up with the change it could mess with the spell's PvE applications.

Desna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
Ahlana

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,238
Default

Desna_Venekor wrote:

I am curious to know why it isn't 'raid friend' and instead is just 'friend'...but come on, even with aa into it it's a long recast time. Honestly, there are many worse things in the pvp aspect of this game I'd like them to focus on than this...especially since if they screwed up with the change it could mess with the spell's PvE applications.

Making it non-castable on a target outside your level range while they are engaged in PVP combat in no way changes how it would work in PVE. There are lots of spells altered just like that.

__________________
Ahlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Desna
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Veeshans Fury
Rank: Vegeta Cheerleading squad -Recruit

Loremaster
Desna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 256
Default

Well, that I know, but I'm more of worried they'll screw up the code trying to fix it.

Desna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
Paikis

Loremaster
Paikis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,254
Default

Whats to change? All they have to change is who it can be cast on, dont need to touch anything to do with the spell and how it works. Would be as simple as changing a single number or string in the code.

This is clearly not intended and is therefor an exploit. It needs fixed.

__________________


Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
raydenwins

Loremaster
raydenwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 186
Default

I really don't mind a higher lvl using tranq outta grp to help a lowbie, since it's usually helping a victim of 20 vs 1 anyways. An 80 helping an even lowbie fight is obviously a joke. And all the sks will really be upset because they wasted their HT, lol.

raydenwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #11
Rynir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

raydenwins wrote:

I really don't mind a higher lvl using tranq outta grp to help a lowbie, since it's usually helping a victim of 20 vs 1 anyways. An 80 helping an even lowbie fight is obviously a joke. And all the sks will really be upset because they wasted their HT, lol.

Ive seen wardens use it on people in 20 v 1 fights, 1 vs 1 fights and fights where 1 vs 3 where the player is able to almost kill one just to have a warden heal them back up.  If you dont mind then why not have all healers able to heal and cure people outside of their lvl range in pvp combat.  Why not make it so all 80s are able to attack what ever lvl range they choose.  Better yet lets make it where when you make a character its already maxed lvl so we dont have to worry about fixing broken mechanics?  How about that!

Its sad that if you see an opponent in your lvl range and you also see a lvl 80 warden around them you are not going to be able to fight them even if they hit you first.

Also now that i think about it Raydenwins, isnt shangtsung your high lvl warden?  Of course you would not mind since it deals with the class you play and you would not like to see it changed.  Am I wrong?

Rynir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #12
TheVekk

Loremaster
TheVekk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 267
Default

personaly i have never been able to cast it on a lowbie while there in combat.

BUT!!! if i had casted it on him before combat started, aka someone jumps him after i casted it on him it will tick as normal. that is the only thing ive ever seen...why that needs fixing idk...seeing how its your problem if u attack someone who has t8 buffs on them lol.

__________________
TheVekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
Rynir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

TheVekk wrote:

personaly i have never been able to cast it on a lowbie while there in combat.

BUT!!! if i had casted it on him before combat started, aka someone jumps him after i casted it on him it will tick as normal. that is the only thing ive ever seen...why that needs fixing idk...seeing how its your problem if u attack someone who has t8 buffs on them lol.

  As stated before the warden does not have to precast it nor does the person have to be grouped with the warden.  The spell acts as a cure with a healing side effect and we all know that any lvl healer is able to cast cure on another player no matter the lvl range. 

  Also what about the bug where a healer can cast cure on someone to break thier own immunity.  There is another bug where if you are fighting someone and a person outside of your pvp range cures your target, after that target dies if you cast a  benificial spell on yourself you become engaged with the person that was curing your victim.  Seems like all priest cures need to be limited to group only or give it the same mechanics as direct heals when dealing with pvp combat.

Rynir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Rynir

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

lol here is a warden admitting to it

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/...2/eq2000192.jpg

Rynir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #15
TheVekk

Loremaster
TheVekk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 267
Default

the reason they havnt fixed it is becuse it isnt worth fixing it is something so minor, to someone who pvps in those low teirs it is a massive problem yes. If they havnt fixed it by now well then... it probly isnt gonna get changed mainly becuse im sure they dont like changing the way spells work for a pvp server becuse it wont just effect a pvp server it will effect everyone...just my thoughts on that

__________________
TheVekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #16
raydenwins

Loremaster
raydenwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 186
Default

Rynir wrote:

raydenwins wrote:

I really don't mind a higher lvl using tranq outta grp to help a lowbie, since it's usually helping a victim of 20 vs 1 anyways. An 80 helping an even lowbie fight is obviously a joke. And all the sks will really be upset because they wasted their HT, lol.

Ive seen wardens use it on people in 20 v 1 fights, 1 vs 1 fights and fights where 1 vs 3 where the player is able to almost kill one just to have a warden heal them back up.  If you dont mind then why not have all healers able to heal and cure people outside of their lvl range in pvp combat.  Why not make it so all 80s are able to attack what ever lvl range they choose.  Better yet lets make it where when you make a character its already maxed lvl so we dont have to worry about fixing broken mechanics?  How about that!

Its sad that if you see an opponent in your lvl range and you also see a lvl 80 warden around them you are not going to be able to fight them even if they hit you first.

Also now that i think about it Raydenwins, isnt shangtsung your high lvl warden?  Of course you would not mind since it deals with the class you play and you would not like to see it changed.  Am I wrong?

I'm really kidding, higher lvl helping lowbie outta group is weak. I never get the chance in ss, for I'm dealing with many even con plus many grey leechers. Freeps rarely have a presence in ss, but oh well.  I'd rather die trying to solo the zone than run like many others. I'm there everynight on shang waiting for a good fight.

Carnage the greys if they attack a red, imo

raydenwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #17
Paikis

Loremaster
Paikis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,254
Default

TheVekk wrote:

 it probly isnt gonna get changed mainly becuse im sure they dont like changing the way spells work for a pvp server becuse it wont just effect a pvp server it will effect everyone...just my thoughts on that

Thats actually not true. There are alot of wards and heals and damage shields that wont do anything unless you're engaged in combat on this server. PvE effects that wont work unless you've already engaged, while the same effect will trigger whether you're engaged or not on PvE servers.

__________________


Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.