EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Warden
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
Wintersborn

Loremaster

Has anyone ever played this Duo enough to know for sure what spells, heals and buffs stack and what ones cancel each other out ?

At low levels (sub 20's) I dont see any real problems but dont want to level to high if they are going to conflict too much.

Also if anyone has played this Duo alot would you have any AA Spec recomendations that complement each other?

Thanks.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

To the best of my knowledge...and others can (and I'm sure will..::grin:SMILEY correct me if I'm wrong - the only thing that doesn't stack is our chloroplast line.   This is the heal with HoT component that has the single green leaf icon.

Otherwise, our buffs, heals and damages are different and shouldn't be an issue (I think..I mean, I've never had one other than chloroplast not stacking).   The one spell that does clash is easily overcome with a little bit of communication with the other druid (be it Warden or Fury).    

I think you hear so often that people want a variety of healers because of buffs.  "LF non-druid healer..for..(name of instance)".   Personally I think it's a loot issue, but people will deny it SMILEY

My 2,

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Ezken
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: The fellowship

Lord

I believe BOTH our heal over time spells overwrite or block (depending on caster levels)... single target and group versions! Since alot of the healing we can do comes from these HoTs, the maximal healing output you two can perform will be somewhat cut, though this should only be noticeable in groups, facing tough content. When I am healing with a fury in group, I usually mainheal and keep up both HoTs at all times, while the fury is great for healing spikes, and that combo can heal some pretty tough fights too... 

Also the damageshield buff (barbcoat at level 24) will not stack on the same target, but you could have one on each of you I guess. I do believe all the other buffs stacks fine, though I have not researched it.

I dont think it is as much buff or loot isues, that makes people want two different healer types. The HoT stacking is a problem when facing a real tough encounter, and having wards or reactive heals on top of you HoTs are just better than a fury blasthealing spikes. Then of cause most people think druids are the worst of the healers - I dont know if it is true or not, and would rather not start the discussion again, I just like playing warden, and blocking tanks view 60 seconds out of every 75 seconds SMILEY

Ezken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I just like playing warden, and blocking tanks view 60 seconds out of every 75 seconds SMILEY

Just got Healing Grove in M1 and was sad to see it's not bigger and more leafy....for this very reason SMILEY
Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
Wintersborn

Loremaster

Thank you for your input, is there any source that can confirm what does and what does not stack/cancel ?

Seems that this kind of info should be somewhere but I can not find it  SMILEY  I think I could use ACT to see what is and is not but figured someone would have played this duo with a significant other like me and mine wish to do.

I dont understand why they would not be allowed to stack unless it exceeded a cap or something but that seems to be a buff related issue not a heal issue ?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
Oakum

Loremaster

While I have never duo'ed with a fury except my wifes low level alt here is what I know/experienced from playing for 3 years and from raiding with fury's.

The damage shields and the single regens do not stack for sure. The group regen I do not believe it does but am not sure. The mit buffs will not stack althoughthe secondary effect of them will as long as its not the same as a fury's (not 100 percent sure about this). The power buff will only stack on the wis side for warden and the int for the fury. The warden dps specced would be the tank choice of this duo since wardens have a self mit (wolf form) buff.

The reason people want a non druid healer in a group while doing tough instances where 2 healers are prefered is not due to the size or conflicts (unless it is two wardens or two fury's).

Its what the other classes specialty heals and their buff's bring. Shaman and clerics have large hitpoint buffs which provide a cushion for the tank to take damage and both classes have better tank buffs and mob debuffs then druids.

From the healing side, the wards and reactives heal as soon as the tank takes damage so they are less likely to be as low when the next hit lands, so less likely to die. especially if there is a druid in the group to hit the tank with a fast casting heal on top of what the ward or reactive took out of the damage.

The healing often doesnt keep up because of the heals can not land faster then the hits and the with no debuffs (except for masterstrike and the one other druids get) the tank will always take more damage then the heal amount also. Not to say that with certain class combo's among dps that cant be overcome but it is tough.

Now if its an instance which a druid could solo heal with some difficulty but the group wants two healers just to be sure, then a warden and fury would be fine together.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
Skivley101

Loremaster

I had to drag this up to drive the point home.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The main Hot and the group Hot (the ones that give a green aura) do not stack with any druid (warden/fury)

If an equal or higher spell is used while a hot is in effect, it overwrites the rest of the original hot and lasts its full duration.

If a lesser hot is cast while one is in effect , you will get the message "would not take effect"

With the new upfront burst on the hot however , it is not as inefficient as it used to be to overwrite an existing one.

Edited to add incase it wasnt clear ..... The single target and group hots do stack with each other ... There can only be one of each at one time though.

And as far as wardens ... im not sure if the tree stacks with another tree???   anybody know for sure?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The similar buff components do not stack also , wis,mit,pwr,,elemental ... dmg sheild ... maybe health ... ive never checked hp
Old 02-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
tendo2

Loremaster

Single and group Regens (leaf icon) can only have one of each of them active on a person at a time If grouped with fury best to figure out now who gets what.  And yes you can have your group regen staking with a fury single target regen (just as easily as you can stack your own group and single).  The Damage shields cancel each other out.  As far as most other Buffs and stuff Mitigation effects won't stack but they can mate up (for example a fury has the group buffed and a warden joins the Essence line I beleve only the amount of his superior Cold mit will be used. I don't think same subclass HP/stat buffs stack.  The Armor line I think just the added magical mit gets added Furies have some kind of HP regen in its place The group AGI WIS should stack Furries i believe get STR INT so no conflicts.  The Spirit of the Bat/Aspect of the Bat won't stack but I did once swap my superior AA enhanced one with a fury once because I had better power regen gear and the fury was struggling for power).  Spores has no conflicts with anything and I tend to think our Instinct line is preferred by tanks in defensive. (which i would think he'd be in if he needed 2 healers SMILEY

tendo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
azekah

Loremaster

One way to work it out would be to have one cast single target heals while the other can cast group heals...Are you considering 2boxing or duoing this combo w/someone?If so, I would suggest a brig/swashy over another healer.I duo a brig/warden and it is an amazing pair. The utility both classes bring is awesome. Plus, my brig is a great dps/tank.just my 2c
azekah is offline   Reply With Quote