EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Kin

General

ok..now I hear people are stacking poisons (4 different types at a time!)

does this simple mean in one hit you can have  1 of the 4 proc? or can all 4 proc on a single hit??
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
Sirlutt

Loremaster

i have 3 running .. 1 x 50 skill and 2 x 100skill right now..will be switching to 4x100 skill tonight... the damage output is amazing.. though i met a 20 ranger last night that said poisons are useless. LOL

I heart DE Broads
Sirlutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:44 AM   #3
Aulerd

Yes you can proc all 4 of the posions at once. Posions are amazing dps increasers
Aulerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:41 PM   #4
Kthaara

Loremaster

Never had luck getting more than one to proc.  Maybe I need to try it again since it has been a while.  Anyone know if this latest patch has affected this?

Kwentavius
Old 02-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
BRave

Could we get a comment on the validity of these posts? I was still under the impression that only 1 could proc at a time...
BRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
Mamasee

It had been my experence that while you can have more then one icon up at one, only one will proc, when it runs out to moves to the next one. People claim they have multiable procs I have not seen it.
Mamasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
Uaelely

I visited these forums for an answer to a question and saw this post.  This link is THE BEST guide I've seen for poisons: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=31&message.id=1500

These people have tested this and concluded that it doesn't matter how many poison icons you have on your screen.  Only the most recent poison activated will proc.  It is potentially bad to stack poisons as if you die, you lose them all but some people will have at least two stacked so they are never without a poison.
Uaelely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #8
Fireshad

As a level 28 ranger, joking around with a dps tracker, I went from hitting around 20-30 dps to about 50-60.  I wasnt really buffing myself all the way up, and didnt have a bard or warlock in group to help...so I believe it could still go higher.  Just me, I could be wrong...I have been before.  (That was procing 3 damage poisons and one power lessening poison, made by a guildy so they conned yellow and were not basic store bought ones.  Trust me, make friends with an alchy.)  This was on orange and red ^^ single mobs in RoV by the way.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #9
BRave

Fireshadow wrote:
As a level 28 ranger, joking around with a dps tracker, I went from hitting around 20-30 dps to about 50-60. I wasnt really buffing myself all the way up, and didnt have a bard or warlock in group to help...so I believe it could still go higher. Just me, I could be wrong...I have been before. (That was procing 3 damage poisons and one power lessening poison, made by a guildy so they conned yellow and were not basic store bought ones. Trust me, make friends with an alchy.) This was on orange and red ^^ single mobs in RoV by the way.

quotes like this that make me wanna bang my head against a wall b/c I don't see more than one proccing when I scroll back at end of fight... just frustrating when some people say yes and others say no... anyone wanna say maybe? =)
Old 02-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #10
Coter

Mamaseeta wrote:It had been my experence that while you can have more then one icon up at one, only one will proc, when it runs out to moves to the next one. People claim they have multiable procs I have not seen it.
Well you are a monk right Mama, so of course you wouldn't have seen an issue that effects rangers....
Ksathra 18 Kerra Bard of Qeynos - Oggok
Zigor Troll Bruiser of Freeport - Lucan DLere

Because as sure as the sun came up this morning, at the first hint of a [any] change in the update notes there will be countless "SOE made [whatever was changed] useless!" threads, despite the fact that skilled players will continue to play their classes just fine.
Coter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 AM   #11
LordTwist

WOW learn something new every day, I always use poison, never new I could use more then one at a time, well, I will from now on.
LordTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:32 AM   #12
BRave

LordTwisted wrote:
WOW learn something new every day, I always use poison, never new I could use more then one at a time, well, I will from now on.

SIGH... I don't believe this is possible. My tests have shown only a single poison doing damage in a fight... was the system changed since the original posters above, or were they just mistaken, or am I losing it? =P
Old 02-08-2005, 02:40 AM   #13
Kthaara

Loremaster

Well, I still only get 1 to proc.  Maybe I am using the wrong types.  I have heard (not confirmed it tho) that if you use 2 different poisons that are different levels that they will both proc.  Even if this were true, the lower level poison will get resisted almost every time.  

There are numerous posts about posions.  I guess that the only way to find out for sure is to test them yourself.  I know that I am gonna.  Perhaps the right combination will give multiple procs?

Kwent
Old 02-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #14
MaenaBowy

Well, my own testing shows that:
1.  Multiple poisons don't proc.  Only the most recently applied poison will proc.
2.  Poison can (and does) proc multiple times in the same fight.
3.  DOT from poison damage does it's first damage the same time that the immediate damage takes effect, so when the poison procs (and isn't resisted) you'll see 2 poison damage messages for different amounts back to back, but 1 is the upfront damage for the poison, the second is the DOT damage.  It isn't 2 different poisons procing.
4.  The only poisons I was able to experiment with were different varieties of HP damage, it's possible poisons with other benifits, (i.e. power reduction, debuffs, etc.) stack with damage poisons.
5.  damage inflicted doesn't appear to stack.  i.e. if it procs twice, you don't get 2x the dot.

Personally, since I usually start a fight with open shot, and it has a VERY high chance of procing poison, my best results were from a high dot/low initial damage poison, as I'm rarely procing, but the poison is applied early.
MaenaBowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #15
BRave

MaenaBowyer wrote:
Well, my own testing shows that:
1. Multiple poisons don't proc. Only the most recently applied poison will proc.
2. Poison can (and does) proc multiple times in the same fight.
3. DOT from poison damage does it's first damage the same time that the immediate damage takes effect, so when the poison procs (and isn't resisted) you'll see 2 poison damage messages for different amounts back to back, but 1 is the upfront damage for the poison, the second is the DOT damage. It isn't 2 different poisons procing.
4. The only poisons I was able to experiment with were different varieties of HP damage, it's possible poisons with other benifits, (i.e. power reduction, debuffs, etc.) stack with damage poisons.
5. damage inflicted doesn't appear to stack. i.e. if it procs twice, you don't get 2x the dot.
Personally, since I usually start a fight with open shot, and it has a VERY high chance of procing poison, my best results were from a high dot/low initial damage poison, as I'm rarely procing, but the poison is applied early.

ok. Thx. But, according to the poison guide thread, the poison that does the most damage that is player made is "Noxious Regression" coming in at 308 Damage total. It is a Large Initial Damage and I think small DoT. The next best player made is Irrepressable vexation at 269. And, player made is worth it because you can start using any of them in your teens. Equivalent storebought has minimum poison skill requirements... player made does not...unless you could skill level 1 a minimum =P
Old 02-09-2005, 05:14 AM   #16
Fireshad

One question I do have then for those that say more then one poison does not proc, hwo come when I apply a power reducing poison last, I will still get damage procs? I know the power ruducing poison is procing becuause it disappears after a short time. (Poisons only have 100 procs) I could be mistaken, havnt played a couple days, will have to check up on it and mess around with it more when i get back on.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
camer

I don't understand about poisons at all. If I put a poison into each of my slots then do I get an extra hit each time I use a weapon?
camer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #18
BRave

no. Please search the numerous threads explainaing use of poison. This thread is solely about stacking. As for the debuff poisons like reducing power... perhaps that line will stack with damage poisons. But I was more interested in more than one damage poison.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #19
Mamasee

cameral wrote:
I don't understand about poisons at all. If I put a poison into each of my slots then do I get an extra hit each time I use a weapon?

You have to put the poision vile in your activatable slot, then right click and select use, you will then have a buff in your window.
Mamasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:50 AM   #20
Kyriel

Loremaster

aye first equip it and then click on it and hit "use" a dagger looking window should appear on ur buff bars.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #21
AidanKe

I recently applied a single poison and saved the combat to a log file.

The next night I purchased all 5 (or was it 6?) store bought poisons for my level and applied them all, then logged my damage output.

There was no difference in damage really, certainly not of any note, and sure as hell not 6 times as much poison damage.

From that I'd say that poisons do not stack, even though multiple buff icons will come up. The people who say they do stack are, in my opinion, wrong.

Kayn Dark Elf Ranger/Weaponsmith

Proud Officer of the Wyrd Angles on Splitpaw
AidanKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:18 AM   #22
Kyriel

Loremaster

dont use any poisons and look at the orange numbers that show what u are hitting, then use poisons and u;ll see bright outlined oranged linesm thats the posion effect , unil lvl 38 at least poisons work good, use combat stats and watch the difference between poison and not poison, also gotta remenber some mobs are resistant, at LvL 34 hunting with a group of 37's , The nightbloods in RV seem resistand to all teh melee attacks so poisons didn hit neither, funny thinf is my arrow attacks did good damage, about 200 to 300 damage, yet poisons did not work at all on that lvl 42 mob.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #23
KetMali

You can buy some poisons from alchemists, I am using some made by a 50 alch that have a dd of about 70 and dot of 133, usually ticks 5 times. I think that they stack also but cant exactly tell. They even stick on lvl 50 mobs.
KetMali is offline   Reply With Quote