EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
j

Hey guys , trying to get a status check on the game from the view of conjurors .When I left it was pretty bad , they nerfed us to high hell and I could never find groups to play in . How has the class evolved ?
j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Woz

Since the day DoF went live conjurors have been one of the best classes in game.No, Im not joking.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
j

Heh , looks like that confirms it for me , Oh well vanguard should be out soon.Take care
Old 08-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

Wozza is saying we are one of the better classes. I think you misinterpreted the post?
EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 AM   #5
j

Read what we both wrote .I said "When I left it was pretty bad , they nerfed us to high hell and I could never find groups to play in "and as you can see I left when dof went live.He said "Since the day DoF went live conjurors have been one of the best classes in game."Notice that I was still playing when dof went life (had it) and I thought it was horrible , he thought it was great , if its still the same as then , then I will still believe it sucks
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 AM   #6
Renpatsu

Loremaster

jvd wrote:Read what we both wrote .I said "When I left it was pretty bad , they nerfed us to high hell and I could never find groups to play in "and as you can see I left when dof went live.He said "Since the day DoF went live conjurors have been one of the best classes in game."Notice that I was still playing when dof went life (had it) and I thought it was horrible , he thought it was great , if its still the same as then , then I will still believe it sucks
Well, perhaps you don't like how a conjy is played since then, but the point stands: Conjys got a very high damage potential and are welcome in groups and raids. Anyway good luck on your further journeys :smileyhappy:
Old 08-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #7
j

I'm not here to fight. I've been playing a conjuror since beta . I may not have been the best conjuror , but I certianly know how to play
Old 08-17-2006, 03:35 AM   #8
khufure

Lord

jvd wrote:I'm not here to fight. I've been playing a conjuror since beta . I may not have been the best conjuror , but I certianly know how to play
Someone has to post this SMILEYConjurors are badass. I am sorry that you suck and don't know how to play.  I don't want your stuff.  Have fun with Vanguard.
khufure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 AM   #9
j

see its also this winning attitude from the posters that make me want to run back Also , Im a solo'er and I was never a guild person , I normaly play with just a few friends .
Old 08-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #10
Renpatsu

Loremaster

jvd wrote:
I'm not here to fight.

I've been playing a conjuror since beta . I may not have been the best conjuror , but I certianly know how to play

Neither am I and after rereading my post several times, I don't know how this feeling came across. From your previous posting I did get, that you didn't like how you had to play the conjy from DoF on and I am able to understand that, as the game mechanics did change completely. But this won't lead to the conclusion, that conjys are 'bad' or not wanted.

Conjys itself don't got any problems right now - well, we got 'luxuary' problems compared to other classes. Conjys lead or are at least on the top end of parses. Soloing can be achieved with various playstyles, though scout and mage pet are now more efficient than tank pet. Still I've lots of fun playing the 'tank' with fighter pet for a group in an instance.

So when you don't like how EQ2 is played right now, what else should I say despite wishing you best of luck on a different game ? It's not a 'yeah whatever' response from me, it's meant honest.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
Sanju

Loremaster

I can competely understand the OP's point of view.I mean, we're only one of the best soloing classes (orange solo mobs (maybe red, but I've not tried), up to white ^^^ heroic mobs (again, probably higher) etc. are all relatively easy and risk free if you know what you're doing), one of the best grouping classes (that wizard 6 levels higher than me almost beat me on the parse when the mobs are orange to me!), and one of the best raiding classes.All I want is to be one of the best crafting classes! Hey ... my pet has arms (well, some of them do)! He should be able to craft at the same time that I'm crafting! He should also be able to craft while I'm sleeping. Fix Conjurors! Let my pets craft!!!(Oh, and I should also be able to summon all of my pets at the same time. Thanks!)
Old 08-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #12
Woz

If you think DoF nerfed conjurors you werent actually playing this game. Conjurors were pretty bad before DoF but when DoF went live they became one of the best classes in the game.I think your better off finding a different game entirely. You seem to lack the social skills for a MMO.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #13
Loranthala

Loremaster

Wozza wrote:
If you think DoF nerfed conjurors you werent actually playing this game. Conjurors were pretty bad before DoF but when DoF went live they became one of the best classes in the game.

I think your better off finding a different game entirely. You seem to lack the social skills for a MMO.

Maybe your conjuror was bad before DoF, mine wasn't and only gets better.

Aka Simonsays from Nektulos and Lavastorm represent!!
Loranthala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #14
Woz

Conjuror before DoF couldnt compare to a bruiser/monk or a warlock at all. They were shard bots and a defensive/sta buff class and thats it. No matter how well played, they sucked compared to other classes. Only class worse was a necro. Thankfully that all got changed.