EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
NrthnStar5

... how's the new expansion? Better, worse, or the same as PoP? Good points, bad points etc.?
Old 11-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #2
Fistpower

I like having the new overland zones.

I dont like the new dungeons per see. No dungeon crawling like we had in Unrest etc.

The biggest dislike it by far the changes to wards and bleedthrough 2.0 and a lack of class balance.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #3
Arieva

Of the people I have talked to they have not been wowed by this expac. The "pretty"factor is absolutely there dont get me wrong. Visually it is stunning.

Once you look past that however there is some fundamental mechanics that I predict will be a challenge for the game at this stage of its life cycle.

The new fighter mechanic will go over like a lead balloon. Tanks arent interested in keeping track of an emote in every fight that if they miss it will have the entire group yelling at them. Ive actually heard tanks say going this direction with their class may make them leave game

Seconded on the class balance statement. While there has been some it doesnt feel close to done yet and i hope they continue it in the next few weeks.

Im very interested to see how healers handle the changes. Not sure if it will be loved or hated at this point. But was it needed? Probably.

All in all the jury is still out for me this go round.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
Mercychalice

I don't like the new tank buff, and since I don't play a shaman, I don't particularly care about the bleed-through so much, but it is going to be a tough go-round on the zones this year I think, unless they do away with at least the tank check. Having to *NEED* a tank for every zone is a real drag, and will be a major loss when it comes to grouping, especially late in the evening. Folks are going to get pigeonholed into playing certain classes to get through the zones I feel. I honestly wish they'd go back to simple tank and spank for a few of them. Just run through the zone willy-nilly for the hell of it. Something I could beat or stab or blow-up the tarnation out of, and not care that there was some hidden strategy involved somewhere. Class balances are incomplete, at best. The zones are visually pretty, the solos are do-able, difficult for some, but do-able, especially with a merc. Heroics and raids....well....time will see.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote