EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Kru

General

Ok so anybody want to clue me in on this fight?  I spent 2 hours in here with a decent group and it seemed the encounter was bugging out on us.

At first we were having two people click the back two towers and freezing two of the mobs.  We would then freeze Sunrise and kill Nightfall.  A few times we killed Nightfall but then died due to bad positioning/heals.  The rest of the time, the encounter would COMPLETELY reset right before we killed the first mob.  It reset on us 3 or 4 times right before we tried killing Sunrise first, and it reset on us 5 or 6 times right before we tried killing Nightfall first.  We were all in the center of the room too.  Any idea why the encounter keeps resetting on us?  We also tried freezing two and killing two, but it would reset on us then as well.  Eventually we all gave up and left the zone.  I asked friends who killed this encounter and they told me the encounter never reset on them...

Old 06-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
timetravelling

Developer

should definitely not be resetting on y'all. I'll look into it

Brett Scheinert

Game Designer, Everquest II
timetravelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Kru

General

I'm not sure if it matters or helps, but our setup was:

Paladin/Brigand/Illusionist/Troubador/Inquisitor/Necromancer

Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
Crespin
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Haven

Loremaster

We had the same issue tonight (6/18 around 10pm central time). We tried a bunch of ways. Freeze 2, try to kill 1, freeze 1, try to kill 1, etc. As soon as the first freeze ended the encounter would reset. We gave up after 5 or 6 pulls as bugged. Guardian/Templar/Fury/Illusionist/Troub/Swash was our group. We were pulling to middle of the 4 statues with everyone in that area.
Crespin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

They reset on us once tonight, after that nothing out of the ordinary happened and they went down easy.

Had Pally Coercer Dirge Troub Swash Templar

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
LardLord

Loremaster

When it doesn't bug out, does it seem like the encounter is balanced to you guys?

It seems harder than the Guk3 boss to me (though still easier than Varsoon)...

Was hoping we could get a 100% Exquisite chest drop, but it sounds like maybe the mob's easier than I thought.

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Mob seemed really easy to me.  Only difficult part about it seemed to be that after freezing 2, the other 2 would either do some from of AE, or start hitting the tank pretty hard.  When we froze the 2 using the pillars in te front part of the room (closest to the door that killing Drago allowed you to unlock), we got a fear that lasted quite a while, but that wasn't really a big deal.  We were able to burn the first mob and take the 2nd down to ~40 or so % each freeze, but we had a pretty good group.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
LardLord

Loremaster

Well, it's not like Guk3 is very hard with a good group.

I've killed this mob twice.  First time, we started with Berserker/Dirge/Illusionist/Assassin/Warlock(me)/Defiler (all mythical'd besides the Illu).  The control effects were too rough for the Defiler, so the Illu switched to his Inquisitor.  We still couldn't handle it, so the Illu/Inq switched back to his Illusionist and I switched from my Warlock to my Inquisitor.  I think we 1-pulled it after that, but I would have preferred to get my Warlock the AA. 

Second time, we started with Monk/Dirge/Illusionist/Conjuror/Wizard/Inquisitor(me), all mythicals.  Aggro was a problem, DPS wasn't great, and the fear owned us once or twice (I coulda handled it better as the Inq, but the point is that it's demanding).  The Dirge got tired and had to leave, so we got a Troub in.  DPS was much better, and, unlike the Dirge, the Troub was able to contribute while watching statues.  We killed it on our second or third pull with the Troub.

It seems significantly more demanding to me than just your typical Crucible/Ravenscale/Necrotic Asylum boss, but I'll admit the groups weren't setup perfectly, so maybe that was the reason it seemed that way.

EDIT: Also, sounds like we may have been stoning the wrong nameds.  I didn't know you could choose...thought only like 1-3 were clickable at a time.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Did the same thing to us tonight that the OP described.  Glad to see Timetraveling is looking in to this.  I don't have a problem trying to work out how to kill something.  I do have a problem though trying to work out how to convince something to keep fighting me. lol

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #10
YeldarbSpiritbla

General

We wiped the first time because the initial pull damage was a bit more than we anticipated. On the second pull we performed flawlessly and killed them, no bugs (this was after the despawn change, we had pulled once before when they despawned on us). I really like this fight. It is one of the more enjoyable boss fights in the game.

"Granted, thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."
YeldarbSpiritbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Kizee

Loremaster

The encounter still despawns mid fight as of 6/22. Please fix.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
Maamadex

Loremaster

Only resets if you click towers before the pull, if you do it directly after the tank pulls the encounter they won't reset.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #13
Chiyoiche
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Midnight Ravens

Loremaster

Maamadex wrote:

Only resets if you click towers before the pull, if you do it directly after the tank pulls the encounter they won't reset.

i dont fully think thats quite right. since the update they are active now. and when we clicked when the tank said hes pulling (maybe a second before) they attack right then. clicking the pillar is seen as a offensive move making them attack. even tho still, right after we killed sunrise, the entire encounter reset.

i just think that its unfortunate that the encounter bugs on some, but not on others. but so far for me and my team, its bugged every time. getting rather agrivating...im hopeing to get a non-bugged instance at least once...

Chiyoiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

I think there's more to it than if you click the pillars before pull as the last time I went in, both pillars were not even clickable until after they were pulled for a good 2-3 seconds and they still reset first pull.

On a side note, DPS solves all problems .  Went in there with Coercer SK Templar Dirge Ranger Swash and destroyed the last encounter.  Killed Sunrise and Nightfall befroe the other 2 became unfrozen.  If you are having issues with the mobs trucking and then smacking you with the Nox and Elemental after Sslortis and Octuss become unfrozen you can either AE avoid them or joust them btw.  I was standing at max range ready to click the statue to freeze Nightfall and did not get affected by the nox or elemental from the 2nd 2 mobs.  Range appeared to be ~15 meters when I was messing around with it on later pulls.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
LardLord

Loremaster

Maamadex wrote:

The one time it bugged for me I accidentally clicked a tower before the pull.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #16
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Maamadex wrote:

i dont fully think thats quite right. since the update they are active now. and when we clicked when the tank said hes pulling (maybe a second before) they attack right then. clicking the pillar is seen as a offensive move making them attack. even tho still, right after we killed sunrise, the entire encounter reset.

i just think that its unfortunate that the encounter bugs on some, but not on others. but so far for me and my team, its bugged every time. getting rather agrivating...im hopeing to get a non-bugged instance at least once...

What he said is pretty much exactly why it resets=P

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #17
Leovinus

Loremaster

We tried the encounter a few times and all but one or so had issues with the pillars.  On about half our pulls only one pillar was clickable at the beginning of the fight.  On another two were, but the other two NEVER went clickable.  We almost made it through, getting one burned and then tanking 3.  On that pull I think the first two pillars became clickable again eventually, but by that time the 2nd of the mobs of the pair was almost dead.  I just think that there seems to be some randomness about which pillars go clicky and when, so it might take some more work, unless there's something we've missed.

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #18
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Gungo wrote:

Maamadex wrote:

What he said is pretty much exactly why it resets=P

Tried several times clicking them AFTER the pull (after damage had been done to the mobs) and the encounter still reset during the fight.  SMILEY

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #19
acctlc

Loremaster

The final set of four mobs in this zone is broken beyond belief. Just spent an hour on pulls. On almost all pulls the statues didn't refresh as they should. The 2 statues were clicked on pull, then when the mobs corresponding to those statues became active..the other statues were NOT clickable. This would end in a wipe as the healers could not sustain the tank with 3-4 mobs beating on him. Dps was a little low due to scrub alts but having to power through the encounter before it *bugs* on you isn't the way its supposed to work right??? Also on 2-3 occasions the encounter reset on us for absolutely no reason. Get this fixed..this zone is not worth going to without the final encounter working. In fact coming here tonight was just an act of frustration. Just to send the point home again..not only is the encounter resetting oddly..but pillars are not reliably clickable right now...the encounter is a train wreck atm.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #20
LardLord

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The final set of four mobs in this zone is broken beyond belief. Just spent an hour on pulls. On almost all pulls the statues didn't refresh as they should. The 2 statues were clicked on pull, then when the mobs corresponding to those statues became active..the other statues were NOT clickable. This would end in a wipe as the healers could not sustain the tank with 3-4 mobs beating on him. Dps was a little low due to scrub alts but having to power through the encounter before it *bugs* on you isn't the way its supposed to work right??? 

Oh, that's what was happening to us that made me think the encounter was too difficult for the rewards.  Are you supposed to always be able to have two stoned? If so, it definitely isn't working as intended.  

And for the people who are experiencing the resets, the time I experienced it I accidentally stoned one of the guys early, and then it seemed like the encounter was messed up permanently/indefinitely...even on later pulls.

It's definitely quite buggy, and it's extremely frustrating if you don't have the group to power through it.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #21
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Are you supposed to always be able to have two stoned? If so, it definitely isn't working as intended.

It is working .. you just need to have the MOB within range of the tower. If you fight them where they stand, the front two towers will not reach. If you move them to the middle of the room, you should be able to get them all. If not have the tank move them slightly towards the problem tower.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #22
Thunndar316

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The final set of four mobs in this zone is broken beyond belief. Just spent an hour on pulls. On almost all pulls the statues didn't refresh as they should. The 2 statues were clicked on pull, then when the mobs corresponding to those statues became active..the other statues were NOT clickable. This would end in a wipe as the healers could not sustain the tank with 3-4 mobs beating on him. Dps was a little low due to scrub alts but having to power through the encounter before it *bugs* on you isn't the way its supposed to work right??? Also on 2-3 occasions the encounter reset on us for absolutely no reason. Get this fixed..this zone is not worth going to without the final encounter working. In fact coming here tonight was just an act of frustration. Just to send the point home again..not only is the encounter resetting oddly..but pillars are not reliably clickable right now...the encounter is a train wreck atm.

This is exactly what is happening to our group. 

SK  - MythSwash - MythTemplar - MythAssassinWardenDirgeAll Minimum T2 with Fabled Epic

We're no slackers either considering we did Kurns with 5 people and 1 healer. 

Please fix.

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #23
Kizee

Loremaster

Thunndar316 wrote:

Please fix.

You make that sound like some great feat or something. lol

Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #24
ashen1973

Loremaster

is this encounter still bugged or are we missing something?

We ran this zone for the first time last night.

All group with minimum T2 Shard armour and fabled epics

Pally

Warden (with Myth)

Ranger (with Myth)

Dirge (with Myth)

Swashie

Monk

we breezed through the first 3 nameds with little to no problems.

Got to the final group of nameds and didnt stand a chance.

On the majority of pulls only 1 statue would be clickable (always the furthest right from the door)

On a few pulls two would be clickable (always the furthest 2 from the door)

The other 2 statues only became clickable during one attempt.

On many pulls the mobs would reset during combat (and we did not click any statues before engaging)

How many of the statues should be clickable right at the start of the encounter?

Surely you should be able to stun/mez at least 2 of the nameds from the start, and possibly choose which 2?

Even if this encounter was working correctly, it does seem like a huge step-up in difficulty when comparred to the rest of the zone.

--Quote from John Smedley, CEO of SOE, Oct 07

ashen1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #25
Kizee

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pally

Warden (with Myth)

Ranger (with Myth)

Dirge (with Myth)

Swashie

Monk

On the majority of pulls only 1 statue would be clickable (always the furthest right from the door)

On many pulls the mobs would reset during combat (and we did not click any statues before engaging)

How many of the statues should be clickable right at the start of the encounter?

Surely you should be able to stun/mez at least 2 of the nameds from the start, and possibly choose which 2?

Even if this encounter was working correctly, it does seem like a huge step-up in difficulty when comparred to the rest of the zone.

If you saw some of the loot off those mobs you understand why the difficulty was so high.

I just wish the encounter was alittle less tempermental.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #26
Thunndar316

Loremaster

Kizee wrote:

Thunndar316 wrote:

Please fix.

You try it. 

no mezzer either

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
Kizee

Loremaster

Thunndar316 wrote:

Kizee wrote:

Thunndar316 wrote:

Please fix.

You try it. 

no mezzer either

I am sure that I could since there really isn't anything hard about the zone. What does a mezer have to do with it....who mezes anything now adays?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #28
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pally

Warden (with Myth)

Ranger (with Myth)

Dirge (with Myth)

Swashie

Monk

As somebody said earlier, the front 2 statues will only be clickable if the mobs that correspond to the statues are within a certain range.  Just slowly move the mobs back while you're fighting them until the statues become clickable and be ready to click when the 2 that you freeze initially break free.  Rinse and repeat moving the mobs closer to their specific statues until you kill the encounter.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #29
ashen1973

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

As somebody said earlier, the front 2 statues will only be clickable if the mobs that correspond to the statues are within a certain range.  Just slowly move the mobs back while you're fighting them until the statues become clickable and be ready to click when the 2 that you freeze initially break free.  Rinse and repeat moving the mobs closer to their specific statues until you kill the encounter.

ahh, i think i understand whats happening now

the 4 mobs spawn in random positions everytime they repop, so sometimes you will have the correct 2 mobs close enough to the rear-most statues and sometimes only 1 (and i guess it would be possible to have neither close enough, although this never happened to us).

So, if this is the case (and im hoping to get in and try it this evening), getting the right 2, in the right positions, from the start would really help this encounter.

From what i could tell one mob casts a fear effect (dawn??) and one casts a stun (sslortis), so it would probably be beneficial (depending on group make-up) to fight these 2 at the same time, so you can block there effects with sanctuary, aoe blockers etc...

i know this doesnt help with the resetting bug SMILEY but thanks for the replies

--Quote from John Smedley, CEO of SOE, Oct 07

ashen1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
Dasein

Loremaster

What I've found is that this fight requires lots of single-target DPS to burn down one or two of the quad before the mezz effect wears off. Taking down Nightfall or Sunrise first seems to be the most effective, and once one is down, the rest of the encounter gets dramatically easier. Overall, if not for the bugginess, this is a fun encounter, although I can see how it would be taxing on groups without solid healing, DPS and tanking.