EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
Bleedingheart

Loremaster

Would just love to see the world map updated to include all the current expansions and keep it maintained. I'm not referring to the zone maps but the world one. If nothing else it could show us where these new lands lie in conjunction with other existing lands.

Not a game breaking problem but mayhap a possible idea for a future update =)

Message Edited by Bleedingheart on 09-20-2006 05:05 AM

Bleedingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Crim001

Loremaster

The map includes DoF already. KoS is sort of above everything, so kind hard to map it SMILEY I think the only thing they haven't put on the map is the Isle of Mara.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
nadym

Loremaster

mm, I think the actual map is quite poor, not detailed at all, just a small graphic with some not very clear terrain-defining lines in black, would like to see something a bit more useful, like the possibility to check in the world map where your group mates are, etc..
nadym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
Magic

General

Oh yes, I agree, and add a zoom feature to all maps, if they wouldn't mind doing that.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:25 AM   #5
thepriz

Loremaster

Improving the map UI would be nice and has been asked since the beginning.Some features I would like to see:1) to be able to add your own Points of Interest to the map.2) Be able to zoom in on parts of the map to see the Points of Interest that are really close together.3) Be able to look at other maps of places that you have been.4) for custom maps like eq2map add the ability to have the black fog placed on the map so that you can keep track of the places you have explored. And also hide the information so you don't spoil it with the maps until you have explored that area.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:17 AM   #6
selch

Lord

Aljola wrote:Oh yes, I agree, and add a zoom feature to all maps, if they wouldn't mind doing that.
Yeah, zoom would be possibly best of best update to map.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
Magic

General

thepriz wrote:
Improving the map UI would be nice and has been asked since the beginning.

Some features I would like to see:
1) to be able to add your own Points of Interest to the map.
2) Be able to zoom in on parts of the map to see the Points of Interest that are really close together.
3) Be able to look at other maps of places that you have been.
4) for custom maps like eq2map add the ability to have the black fog placed on the map so that you can keep track of the places you have explored. And also hide the information so you don't spoil it with the maps until you have explored that area.

Oh!  Yes!  The ability to add my own points of interest would be awesome too.  I'd mark all the spawn locations of my favorite named mobs and harvest node concentrations, among other things.  Great ideas!