EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Ozzio

Journeyman

Yes i know there a bunch of posts on choosing your race but i didn't seem to find any that were dated past SF. So I'm hoping to get some opinions on the new changes and hopefully from someone who maybe changed races.

I prefer to play gnomes but they didn't seem to get any racial traits at all that would help this class. Mainly what i worry about is mana regen. Defiler gets canni but Mystic doesn't seem to get anything that helps this. Gnome didn't get any of the traits that help this either. Erudite seems to have the best mix but they look like aliens with arangatang arms and i really don't wanna play one.

How much will it hurt not having wisdom and mana regen traits end game?

*edit* after making a gnome i noticed they get mental breach trait that regens mana. This wasn't listed on the ZAM site i was looking at for traits.

Feel free to delete this topic at your leisure.

Ozzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
Malicorp

Loremaster

Here's the SF update....

Races are STILL meaningless at all levels of the game.

Sure, you may get a little bit of convenience out of a stun immunity (Ogre or Barbarian) or faster mining speed or a temporary speed buff or track, but ultimately play whatever race you want. I have done a race change for purely cosmetic reasons with station cash that was a gift.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Lady Shai

Loremaster

this isn't EQ1 where it matters what race you are.

You are the one playing the character...play what you want to look at.  There are few minor fluff spells that are nice, but not mandatory by any means... they can be gotten thru gear.

Any stat issues can be taken care of via gear, so dont fret too much. Play what you want and have fun.

Lady Shai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

there are some benefits to certain races, but they are generally pretty mild. A couple of casting alacrity for beneficial spells, but ultimately, you should pick the race you enjoy playing. If you pick a race you don't like just for a few minor benefits, u r probably going to get bored of staring at your avatar and not want to play altogether.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

Fae 

always has been , always will be best race. 

Small body

temp speed increase 

perma safe fall 

long jump and glide from height so useful so often.

race traits are good for all classes.  

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Lady Shai

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Fae 

always has been , always will be best race. 

Small body

temp speed increase 

perma safe fall 

long jump and glide from height so useful so often.

race traits are good for all classes.  

LOL true that there are nice fluff items with certain races...but you can also get gear that do the same thing SMILEY

Its really all what you want to look at personally...If you look at my profiles, I am partial to High Elves and Fae. Why? Cos I love the character races....not for what they have. If that were so I would have made my dirge something else,,,but I am HIE cos I like the look.

Just remembere no matter what you will be the one playing the character and looking at it constantly if you like the look then go for it and play what you want to play. They took it out a long time back where racial characteristics actually impacted the character...now everything can be met with gear...tinkered or looted.

For instance...in the post quoted, the small body can be shrunk with lon potion or the billy doll vet reward, temp speed increase thru totems, perma safe fall thru Fae Wing Cloak/Harvester Cloak/Gnomish parachute etc, and long jump/glide with the tinkered jumpy boots. Only thing missing is the coolness of the fae SMILEY

Play what you like and have fun!! That is what truly matters!

Lady Shai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #7
Vicotnik82

Loremaster

How are mystics able to solo what i heard ingame is that they are hard to solo or level up with ?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
Gamer1965

Tester

Mystics are very capable soloers. You just have to invest into gaining AA so that you can build the 'Battle Priest'.
Gamer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote