EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #1
Beaue

I'm getting this error message and crashing every time I try to enter the game via character select.
[IMG]
Old 10-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
Inyuyasha

I also cannot get into Beta... I get to my character select screen, then hit play and then nothing the game just sits there I go back to my Desktop Screen it work about an hour ago
Old 10-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #3
Inyuyasha

ok seems to be the Launch pad issue... when I go and use the Everquest2.exe I can log in fine
Old 10-14-2018, 01:54 AM   #4
Mushkin

Crashing on character select screen. I press play button and then right to desk top. I made it into the game once then crashed. I did camp in a solo zone yesterday. I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
kerry

Im getting same error in game. Happening more often.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
Sylvermune

This is still an issue for me. Have tried a cold reboot, switching back to live and then back to beta, and /bug'ing it; none have made any difference. Is there anything else that might be tried besides recopying to beta?
Sylvermune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
Mushkin

I'm going to recopy to Beta.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #8
Sylvermune

This is still a problem. Any response at all?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #9
Gninja

Developer

We're keeping an eye on it. Hope to get those resolved asap.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #10
Sylvermune

Thank you for responding, Gninja.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #11
Nighon

I've been getting to character screen but when I try to log my character in that's in doomfire:burning lands patcher gets as far as loading ui resources then kicks me to desktop i'm not sure if its the zone or a problem with the patcher sent in a petition about it
Old 10-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #12
Kamyo

I was getting errors like that until, I set option to Full Download and just let it download the entire game so I had no background downloading.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #13
Sylvermune

Still an issue. Also gets to "Loading UI resources" for Doomfire when it crashes.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #14
Sylvermune

Devs, do you have an eta on fixing this issue? Should I just give up and do another /beta?
Old 10-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #15
Hotlipth

Doomfire - The Enkindled Towers (Solo Sig line) - after killing final named, tried to enter portal....crash. Game files validated. File list updated. Re-log....crash at loading UI resources.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #16
Hotlipth

And now for something completely different....

Updated File List
*Error: Unable to download HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 64.37.169.11) - http://manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-beta/live/eq2-beta-full.sha.soe
*Error: Unable to download HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 64.37.169.11) - http://manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-beta/live/eq2-beta-full.sha.soe

Old 10-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #17
Elinea

I've been in game the whole time this was happening, so I don't imagine it's the server itself. Maybe just the login server.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #18
Sylvermune

When I logged on I expected an update and was surprised there wasn't one. When I crashed out of game in Doomfire, The Burning Lands with the Unhandled Exception error, I cold started my machine and found an update in progress on beta. I guess they did an update without warning us?? Beta server now locked for me.

Update: I can now get in but this update didn't fix the issue for which this thread was started.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #19
Sylvermune

This is starting to happen (3 times) to my next toon and it is in Doomfire, The Burning Lands as well. I logged rather get stuck and unable to log into the game. Really, Devs, any update?