EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Wurm

soil samples, smooth rocks (seriously the size of a pin-head), chokodai dung to name a few.

I have been preaching this every beta since AoM. Some of your player base have vision impairments and or are colorblind.

Spending hours looking for things just because you aren't capable of easily seeing them is no fun.

So far this beta everything in the lower forest areas are a mix of green and greyish blue making it really hard on Tritanopes like myself to see anything at all.

http://www.colourblindawareness.org/colour-blindness/types-of-colour-blindness/

So please return to the "sparkles" on needed quest items, eye fatigue is a serious problem in gaming and it needs to be combated at the source.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:34 PM   #2
Alenna

I agree i'm on the kunark ascending: history of stone and those little bricks are very dark colored and in a wooded area which is pretty dark come on give us some sparkles please and make them bigger. i just found my first one.

also how big an area are we having to look in if it is very large you might think about uping the spawn rate
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #3
Asuna

Yes please! I was super sad to see that was not addressed on the patch.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #4
Kittybock

+1 on particle effects. Some of these items are very hard to see.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #5
CoLD MeTaL

Hear! Hear! I had to completely redo my graphics settings to even find the initial updates.

Quests should be able to be found and completed on ANY graphics settings.

The one I was doing last night with the medallion and the large purple thing on the ground that had 3 locations, was horribly described. "Continue on the path" turned into fly half way across the zone, low.
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #6
Lojaak

this this this this this a million times. I am very slowly working through beta, totally blind information wise as I want to properly test, not look things up, and I'm only on the first pickup quest (idol destruction) and I cannot see the idols at max camera range, they vanish. This is not ok. You should not be limited by graphics settings for primary objectives. I don't like playing zoomed in.