EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #61
Anatha

Neiloch, I just stayed crouched the entire time. It was much easier to get through that way...slower....but easier.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #62
Iglu

I had to have help with the part where you have to climb the rigging. Turned out that the blue sparkles did not appear until I was at exactly the right spot. Once they appeared you could see them from the other end of the ship. Possible scripting issue or just graphic card related.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #63
Chrol

Developer

Think inside the box...
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #64
Allumette

Having finally - FINALLY! - made it off that confounded ship, I am genuinely unsure whether I loved or hated the entire experience. (I have a feeling it will be much less painful next time around, mind you.)
Old 10-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #65
Merriel

Kunark Ascending: The Frillik Tide - I was working on this early this morning when the server was brought down for maintenance. I was in the process of trying to escape the ship, but was unable to complete it due to the maintenance. I had obtained the pick and rope and had made it to the point of climbing into the empty crate, and that's as far as I got before the server came down.

When I logged back in this afternoon, I had been kicked from the instance on the ship, back to the Thalumbra portal entrance to the Arcann'sae (sp?). I re-entered the Arcann'sae, went back up to the top floor, spoke with the Queen, and was captured and put back into the cell on the ship. Unfortunately, there was no captain for me to dialogue with, the other prisoner in the cell did not go through his dialogue to bring out the rat, and I was given no option to re-obtain the keys with which to open the cell. Upon checking my inventory I also noted the pick and rope were no longer there either.

(Copied and pasted the portion that applies to this zone here, as per Kaitheel's advice that I report this particular part of the problem I had, into this thread.)

It seems that if a person loses their zone as I did, that perhaps when they are ported back into the jail cell, they re-start the quest at the step where they go through the dialogue with the captain, so that they are able to get the keys again so they can escape from the cell. I would rather restart at this point than have to do as I did and delete the quest and start all the way back at the beginning again.
Merriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:37 AM   #66
Allumette

I don't suppose anyone might want to give me a teeny tiny hint on the 'distraction' that will allow me to pursue my purloined headgear, would they? My efforts to think outside the box have thus far been unsuccessful.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #67
Chrol

Developer

Merriel, when you leave the ship for whatever reason, the quest should revert back to a point where you can speak to the iksar slave and progress as normal. However, as that doesn't appear to work 100% of time, I'll see about adding an extra check on the iksar slave to get you and any others stuck in a similar situation progressing through the ship.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #68
Altaholic

Thanks in advance for any input,
Im on the ship, see the crate, see the text about causing a distraction. Someone in chat said something about spilling and burning wine but I cant find where to get that. Ive tried clicking and hovering for clickies everywhere. I enjoy the challenge but I seem to be stuck. Its probably something obvious but I don't seem to see it.
Please and Thanks
Old 10-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #69
Soolapuhuja

Main bug:i deleted te Frillik Tide (wanted to redo it),now all sig line is gone,cant retake it,no npc involved from start wont talk to me anymore.(Queen in Kelething,Thalumbra npc-s.No portal to zone for me)
Old 10-16-2016, 12:37 AM   #70
Merriel

Did you delete your mail giving you the initial quest? I deleted the quest too and the only way I could restart it was to re-take it from the mail. I tried speaking to Queen Cristanos first, but she did not re-offer me the quest either. Once I re-opened the mail and re-accepted the quest, I was able to speak to her again. This is exactly why I don't delete quest mail until I've completed the quest that pertains to it. Smile
Merriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #71
Tohopka

maybe try and go to isle of mara and talk to the guy by dock just across from ToT portal (wish i could remember name) and see if he has a extra copy of the mail for you.
Tohopka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #72
Soolapuhuja

yes i deleted mail,i think
Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM   #73
Finora

Evil adventurer portal is in Neriak. The mara one (as far as I know) only shows up if you've done the crafting quests, on the live servers anyway. I haven't copied over anyone yet who isn't also a crafter who's finished the ToT crafting quests.
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:07 AM   #74
Soolapuhuja

I will check near portals.Otherwise would be nice.if possible reset Dirgah (Thurgadin toon) adventure signature.As i finished TS available timeline.I think...got to daily and weekly quests state,just havent done them yet.I suppose its either end of current beta stage TS timeline,or very near.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #75
Soolapuhuja

I have for some reason no ToT tinkered portal in Mara at all (evil character),got mine from Kelethin.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #76
Finora

I did this quest this morning and it was SO much better than it was last time.

There still seems to be a problem with the blue shiny "use this" indicators showing up though. I checked one area because it made sense but saw nothing, so went quite far from it looking for the next step. I happened to turn back around and the sparkles showed up from a distance. I went back over and had no trouble finishing up, but they were certainly not there when I initially was looking. I want to note it is not a graphics setting issue, other sparkles showed up fine and after spotting them from a distance those particular sparkles showed up fine as well. It was just an initial lag I guess in their showing up.
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #77
Xianthia

(I can't seem to quote at the moment, server didn't respond)

The blue sparkles do seem to show up once you are close to them. I've done the quest multiple times now so I know now where to go, but if were doing quest for the first time the sparkles won't be helpful since you have to be close/near for them to be visible.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #78
Tohopka

That's my bad I'm so sorry. Just use to using mara and not the other two.
Tohopka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #79
Chrol

Developer

Spoiler: The only blue sparkles that show up when you get close is the rigging that takes you up to the crow's nest. In fact the clicky isn't clickable till you get close enough. I also extended the range on it so you don't have to get too up close and personal with the rigging to trigger it.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #80
Soolapuhuja

Well,got new letter from Mara,retake adv signature,seems ok...
Old 10-19-2016, 03:53 AM   #81
Elinea

I may have stumbled onto a bug with the ascension illusion and keybinds. I ran through the tradeskill quest line first, and had no problems with crouching when I needed to. After finishing the tradeskill quests, I started on the adventuring side, and decided to test out the ascension class while I was at it (Thaumaturgist). I kept getting spotted while crouching in the illusion form, so I canceled the ascension spell and did it as my normal Fae self.

Guess what? Still wasn't crouching. I looked at my keybinds, and it was set to "z" for crouch, but pressing it did exactly nothing. I had to clear my keybind, made sure the "z" key wasn't being used for another bind at the same time, and reset it to "z" and then I could crouch. The only difference between the first time I ran it, and the second time, was I had used the class ascension spell before going through the boat the second time.

I'm wondering if people are hitting their crouch key, thinking they are crouching when they actually aren't.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:32 PM   #82
Chrol

Developer

Thanks Elinea, this crouching bug has been reported to code.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:47 AM   #83
Shmogre

Hi Chrol - If it helps, I've just now run into the "can't crouch" issue as well, also with the Ascension buff running when the instance started. Cancelling the buff and clearing then remapping the "z" key didn't work; it took getting captured and thrown back in the brig to get the crouch working again.
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:12 AM   #84
Maripop

Ugh running an alt through I found a new spot on this ship that seems messed up I keep dying for jumping in water and I am no where near the water

If you try and fall/jump down from top of steps at: 19.27, 17.84, 6.44 to the spot behind the stairs : 12.90, 11.84, 5.16 it kills you and says "Best not jump in the water"
Old 10-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #85
Wuulf

need some help with crouching to get across the mast .. in my movement options, it shows to use shift+c .. doesn't work, i've been told to use z which doesn't work .. have reset to defaults and gives me the shift c again .. on top of that, x does not work for sitting .. I am in the binding of stone illusion, is this a problem? cause I can't seem to drop it either
Old 10-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #86
Chrol

Developer

You should still be considered crouching, noticeable by the speed at which you move, but since many illusions don't have the crouching animation it can be difficult to tell. You should be able to cancel the illusion from your effects window.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:10 AM   #87
Chrol

Developer

It's happening on the stairs on the other side as well. Forwarding this issue to art. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #88
CoLD MeTaL

Is it meant that we have to do the brig 'twice', once for adventure and again for tradeskill?
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #89
CoLD MeTaL

Also you can't 'crouch' when in an ascension form. That's probably only a problem on beta where you can get the scroll before the zone, but it complicates things.
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #90
Thorigarn

can your toon please repeat any messages that are spoken to the player if they player makes the given mistake? For example - I did not realize my toon was talking me through the zone, got caught a dozen times and stepped away for a while. When I came back, internet searches got me to note that I needed to crouch, but it would have been nice if the toon repeated the text for mistakes I made during the zone.

Hope that makes sense, though I think it's also a fair thought that we should get a quest or exp reward for something that players may invest significant time on. Seems like the co-captive should give a quest so that you get a little something for your time?