EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Mystfit

So, there's a thread in the regular beta forums but since Gninja wasn't fully sure about ts options, I thought I'd start one here. With the change in leveling a guild (past 101), what options will be open to us? I understand quests will do it (once per character and for many of us that means only the quests in TOT) and missions. Well, that's one daily and one weekly mission. Course can go back to TOV and AOM and get their dailies.
That's not alot. I understand doing rush order writs (which I can accomplish in two minutes whilst never moving) is something that you want to move away from, but it concerns me that very very very little is being put into replacing it.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
Pauly

It makes one wonder how a lvl 40 crafter can contribute to guild status once the guild is lvl 101
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
Mystfit

Actually, in theory, you'd have more options since alot of the questlines you've not done yet Smile
Old 11-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
CoLD MeTaL

They want to do away with 6 man guilds that are max level.

So hundreds of people doing dailies, instead of 1 person doing 100 writs.
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
Deveryn

The thing is a level 40 crafter won't be level 40 for long if they're attempting to contribute to guild status. It's pretty easy to get to 100, especially within a guild, so they need not worry about contributing.

So, we've talked about how easy things are in the other thread. Let's talk about what you're actually missing out on (as a crafting guild) by not being able to get to 150. I've come up with 0 items for my list, so far.
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
CoLD MeTaL

There are no additional bank slots, or guild hall amenities, etc for going over 100?
Old 11-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #7
Deveryn

All I've heard about is a combat buff that scales up with guild level, so that doesn't count as something for the audience that has sought the easy route.

I've brought this up before and it seems to get dodged in favor of more complaints about being victimized by the devs, so I figure that's all there really is.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
Mystfit

I myself don't feel victimized and also question the validity of itty bitty guilds (of which I am in one) steam rolling their way into level 150 within weeks of exapnsion release.
It's a matter of degree...something I suspect you may not appreciate with some of your wording above Wink
Toning down is fine, bringing leveling for certain play-styles (ya know, the *easy route* ) to a screeching halt is another thing. What I hope is to discover if there's a better balance being discussed that is not being seen.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #9
Mystfit

Yeah, that's the thing right there that's a killer. Back when I started, I was in big guild of people. Now, I'm in a guild of 2 Wink It's hard to let go though, of the passion and effort that's we've put into our guilds over the years. Sometimes, they gain an identity like our characters. Isn't it a little late in the game to say..yeah...all that stuff...not for you Wink They CAN, it's their game and if that's the route they wanna go down, fine. But, I'm gonna at least try to make a case for making sure there are options and I'm not sure a ts daily is quite enough. I will have other options as I adventure also, but I respect those who don't.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #10
Foretold

Tradeskill daily quests now also reward an Arcannium Coin which can be used for guild status.

Like I stated in the other thread, I wonder if that's just for ToT daily quests, or all tradeskill daily quests...
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #11
CoLD MeTaL

I'm in the same boat, my guild of 100s of people is now just me.

I was thinking last night it's time to turn out the lights and close down, take 1 char and see if I can find another home. And yes, it is hard to do that.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #12
Mystfit

Since we will likely lose our name, it'd be a good time for it for me Wink But, as D points out, if all I'm losing is a buff, I'll live without it and stay where I am Wink
Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #13
Deveryn

I've been tossing around the same idea for a while now. It's been difficult to consider. It's been a nice little respite for all my toons after my other guilds have broken up for one reason or another.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #14
suka

actually, we really don't know and won't know until the expac comes out. devs have been known to change things and even add things from time to time. so we can't say there is 0 reason to go higher. we do know there is a buff that comes from being higher, but nothing else has been shared with us yet. if for any reason at all, you want your guild to be 150, then that is your choice and no one else has the right to tell you not to go for it. i say go for it.

however, if the standard expac edition is any indication of what the future holds- seems very slim pickings. they didn't give anything to standard buyers this time. just one preorder gift.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:29 AM   #15
suka

i am actually hoping they do better than they did in aom. there was one tradeskilling quest to do daily after you finished the rather short tradeskill line. then there were only 2 solo quests and a couple of advanced solo quests. the solo quest - adventure - required killing the much contested bosses found in two zones. all in all, it wasn't that great and the status was quite low. so i hope they do better.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:03 AM   #16
Pauly

then let's count what YOU are missing out on if a crafter can get guild status at 101.... I've come up with 0.. so far
Old 11-08-2015, 05:04 AM   #17
Pauly

the easy route.. you think having 200 scubs in your guild doing Hadden's Earing is more work then trying to solo level a guild? Get a clue.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #18
suka

guys, stop and think. how would you like it if every time you try to tell someone you don't like the way things are going, several people come in and try to tell you that your feelings on the matter don't count and try to talk you out of doing what you want to do or into doing what you don't want to do? that is exactly what you are doing when you tell us that what we think is trivial and doesn't matter and that it is so much better the way you want it done and we aren't missing out on anything. it gets personal real fast because it IS personal. we are entitled to our opinions and feelings on the matter and we want our voices heard. stop telling us that it doesn't matter because in your mind we are missing out on nothing and therefore we don't have the right to voice our opinions.

we have as much right as you do and if we want the higher level, we have a right to go for it. what you think matters as little to us as what we think matters to you. so stop trying to convert us to your way of thinking. we are old enough to know what we want. we are not two year olds so stop treating us like we are.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #19
Deveryn

Yep. Several people are coming in and trying to tell ME that my feelings don't matter. I'm the one that's outnumbered in this situation (like others) and I'm standing by my claim until someone can prove to me otherwise. You should definitely stop and you should definitely think.

All I'm really saying is people aren't going to pull a fast one on the devs and get their way.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #20
suka

your feelings do matter. it is just that you keep trying to change our minds. and no one is trying to pull a fast one. we are just trying to say we don't want the baby thrown out with the bath water. personally i hate writs and am always looking for other things to get the same amount or better status. but most things can't even compare in status. if i can do a writ for 30k as opposed to a dungeon for 6k, which one do you think i will choose?

and some of my guildies are very much into writs- usually adventure writs since that can actually be just as fast and way less boring.