EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 03:42 AM   #1
CoLD MeTaL

I just tried to beta buff my fury and the gear is all wrong and seemingly far inferior to Live gear from the AoM sig line.

Who thought it was a good idea to put 169% reuse speed on the beta buff gear.

It's worthless to try and test with this, and my /beta copy is now 4 days running.
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:12 AM   #2
Liou_Unrest

I believe the intention is to run the ToT sig questline and get gear as you go. You really only need whats good enough to get through it.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
CoLD MeTaL

I'm not sure you can run it with the setup they gave.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Iuvili

My Fury from Splitpaw still has not arrived, so, I have the same setup as you......lvl 1, beta buffed, etc. True, the beta buffed gear is nothing to brag about, but it serves its purpose. I have gotten quite far in the Beta Adv Sig line, and the gear rewards you get from the various quest steps are quite good.

I just wish we had an option on the appearance of our mounts. I really dislike these rather large Pteranodon looking mounts. I'd rather have a disk or wings.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
CoLD MeTaL

You can get a mount in Shin with the TS beta buffer. A pack pony as well.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
Alenna

got to isle of mara buff up a tradeskill then ask for mount and soltice ring that is how you are getting mounts this year.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
Xianthia

That was first/second day, the adventure beta buffer crate contains a mount now (thankfully).
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
Alenna

oh ok guess I delete and start the other toons I had again so that i can have th eproper moutn fo rmy handicapped beta buffed characters since they are the only bone's i'll be able to test with this time no beta copy no matter when or how many times and with my server being one of those begin merged tomorrow if i don't have my copied characters I won't have them at all because it will take over a week to get them copied. and by then beta will be over and this expansion will have gone live
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #9
Demonicate

I had to make a new level 1 toon on beta because beta copy from Maj'dul didn't work. So I made a level 1 ranger and got it beta buffed. Just yesterday I finally noticed that I've got from beta buff crate one level 100 sword and one level 1 axe to wield BigGrin
Old 10-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #10
Demonicate

Ohh, and I didn't get any mount either, atleast it didn't get into my mount window, have to check my bags when I get home from work.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
Iuvili

I did that Smile......Did you notice, I said "the appearance of the Pterondon"? Can't get any other mount beta buffed (as far as I know), and I don't like the size.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:53 PM   #12
Elinea

I hit the reforger with the beta buff gear, it does help.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #13
Elinea

If you don't like the Pteradon, you can put the pegasus from the crafting buffer in the appearance, it's still a big mount though.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:20 PM   #14
Iuvili

Yeah I know. I just am not a fan of really big mounts Smile But, I just discovered that my main toon from AB arrived on the beta server, so I am happy and my little gripes no longer matter Smile
Old 10-28-2015, 02:32 AM   #15
Chikkin

marketplace is working again and you can buy a disk, or any other mount. You have unlimited DB on beta

Also /suspend_mount_mode 2 gets rid of seeing mounts except in flight, might help
Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote