EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-24-2005, 03:20 PM   #1
CloakV

General

HalloFor the first time ever i saw Dark Distortion adept 3 on brokers last night which was 28gp. This seemed like quite a lot to me but after seeing all sorts of comments about people paying PP for master spell upgrades maybe it isn't alot. Now the point of my post is this, where the hell are people getting the money to pay for adept 3's at 20-30gp and masters at PP+?? My warlock is 27th level and has below top quality armour and equipment and about 11gp to his name. I think I have only 2-3 adept 1 spells and these were the cheap ones that are always on the brokers. Even if i took all the money from my 23rd, 22nd level and 16th level characters plus my 27th warlock i couldn't afford to buy an adept 3 at 28gp.Now I can understand if you've got a 50th level alt (I've heard the drops are worth over a GP each at that level) or you are the most prolific artisan on the server and spend 24 hours a day trade skilling. Otherwise the only other way i can see is Ebaying, which i understand was the done thing on EQ1. At the end of it all I don't really care what others have in game, as I enjoy playing just fine as I am, but I really would like to know why I cant afford to buy adept 3's and master 1's like everyone else seems to have. CV
CloakV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
Erow

I am lvl 25, have four adept 3's and the very best armor, jewlery and weapons possible for my lvl and have 90gold in the bank.  I am also trying to decide what to do with the 2 rough Jasper I have bought....!!

It's called spending 15 hours a week tradeskilling...!!

Erow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

There are several ways to make money or get your spell upgrades:

1)  Get your harvesting up and find the rare components needed for the spells yourself (this it the most boring option.)
2)  Tradeskill so you can make some cash and make some useful things for yourself and friends.  This option will also make you harvest, so you may luck out and find the rare component to make your spell (with rare, most people will charge 1gp or less to make).
3)  Quest and Xp as often as possible and sell whatever you can't use or outgrow.
4)  Play the market, buy low, sell medium.

There ya go, those are your options if you want adept 3's and the best armor out there at your level.  And despite what you read on the forums, adept 3's are not common.  In fact, most groups I'm in, people are using apprentice 3 versions unless the adept 1 is cheap.

Keep in mind that those people that are using lots of adept 3s/masters (casters/scouts) are prolly getting aggro in groups because of their dps, and are more of a nuisance than anything else.  It takes a good player to be uber and not annoy the hell out of people at the same time.

Just enjoy the game.
Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Deathspell

Loremaster

Mh, tradeskilling can give some money, but enough money to buy a series of Adept3's, max armor and max jewelry? I don't know about that.Prices also depent on server to server tho, more people, more spells, more people making adept 3, lower prices, more people having more adept 3.
Deathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
CloakV

General

Thanks for your input.Extra thanks to splatterpunk28 for the extended info.Guess I better get my ranger into TS and harvest everything in sight, as hes the only one with high skills in gathering etc.CV
Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #6
totti72

Loremaster

Go to EL and solo all the mobs you can find here,they common drop is 5s worht and rare 50s,you will find chest with quests or items for 50s too.I got with lev 26+ nice exp and 2-4g per hour .
totti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
CloakV

General

totti72 wrote:Go to EL and solo all the mobs you can find here,they common drop is 5s worht and rare 50s,you will find chest with quests or items for 50s too.I got with lev 26+ nice exp and 2-4g per hour .
I can do this at 27th level? I've done the access quest, but I'm sure everything was red to me, like the crabs on the shore for example. I'll certainly have a look though. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:28 PM   #8
totti72

Loremaster

Sure you can do it with 27,just dont try lev 33 or higher mobs before you are 29 or higher becouse they will resist your manacles offten and you will be in trouble.Level 31-32 mobs are doable without big risk just use root stun and stiffle ,you will see its work great if you use app4 or better spells.
totti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
BaronVonPitviper

Loremaster

I have found the solo 30-33 mobs in EL are just about on par with all the troopers and lieutenants in TS hitpoint wise. You have singles of beetles, bear cubs, wasps, turtles, badgers and fishies. I would highly suggest you NOT mess with anything that is 34 because they have far too many resists to your freeze and manacles. Just for fun, give a 34 turtle a try and see what I mean SMILEY  With Adept 1 spells and some good food/drink, you will have no trouble working the 30-33 single mobs over with little to no down time while you try in vain to find a group.

Swashbuckler

Weaponsmith ~ Tinker

Amenta

Splitpaw
BaronVonPitviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:51 AM   #10
Flachett

wanna get adept 3's realativly close to the level you receive spells? tradeskill, tradeskill...... oh and tradeskill.
Flachett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:52 AM   #11
Roriondesexiest

Loremaster

Anyone know a Scribe + Alchemist that can do Dark Distortion Adept 3?

Found my first rare yesterday and itching to get the spell made.

I can buy the quill, paper and pay for a reasonable markup to create the spell.

Jasper can be used to create the ink needed for DD right (please, please, please...)

Omaplata
Erudite Warlock of 22 Seasons
New Dawn Adventurers.

Roriondesexiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:08 AM   #12
Flachett

yes you need either Rough Jasper or Palladium Cluster if you are oasis send me a tell ill make your ink for you and point you to a sage that doesnt charge a rediculous amount to make it, either that or will trade you your jasper for a DD adept 3 thats been sitting in my bank for weeks awaiting me to ding 23

Message Edited by Flachette1 on 01-24-2005 04:09 PM

Flachett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:15 AM   #13
Roriondesexiest

Loremaster

DOH!

I am on Lucan D'Lere, trading would have been perfect.  Oh well, thanks anyways.

I have a message up on the Trading forum for the server, and sent out a few messages to the crafting channel but no luck.

Omaplata
Erudite Warlock of 24 Seasons
New Dawn Adventurers.

Roriondesexiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:46 AM   #14
SilentSam

Loremaster

We have an alchemist and sage that can make Adept 3 DD on the Faydark server (freeport side).  He wouldn't charge too much for the effort.  If any FP based Faydark warlocks need it send me a tell (Razerclaw)
from the lands of Faydark
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:43 AM   #15
BeHeBroo

Scribes barely have to do a [FaarNerfed!] thing on an adeptIII, the alchemist does all the hard work. Ive seen some scribes charging alot just for combining aswell, hell they even get an adeptIII if they produce a 'crude' outcome.... ripoff!
BeHeBroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:56 AM   #16
WaachBack

Loremaster

I honestly do not know what people have soo much trouble getting money, there are *many* ways to get money. So are easy some are hard. I made about 3plat from buying low and selling high. Made 2plat tradskilling, and made the rest harvesting and from drops. hmm, I dont get what the big problem is...