EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
heyua

Historian

What does Stance mastery do?Does it remove the penalties of juggernaut and adrenaline?

heyua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Kapath

Lord

no, simply the two stances you have to choose (excluding recklessnes). believe defensive has some reduction to weapon skill and offense decreases your defense/aggression.

Also, you should never be in the 'offensive' stance, it's a joke/waste. Just think of it not even being there. 

Old 09-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Kapath wrote:

no, simply the two stances you have to choose (excluding recklessnes). believe defensive has some reduction to weapon skill and offense decreases your defense/aggression.

Also, you should never be in the 'offensive' stance, it's a joke/waste. Just think of it not even being there. 

Why did you post this worthless and misleading information? 

Berserkers are forced to use Offensive stance to generate enough hate to hold aggro.  Otherwise you are always going to need a Coercer/Dirge to hold aggro off of good DPS.  Offensive stance gives you a lot more hate via DPS and hit rate while not sacrificing as much as Reckless does, and the survivability loss is miniscule at best.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

agreed my zerker is always in offensive stance. sometimes if i am in a group and just background toon i go Recklesss but I never go defensive because with stance mastery the offensive is just as good as defensive plus I get more DPS Win WIN offensive is the way to go.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Regolas

Loremaster

Sorry to hijack this thread but the title is appropriate and I can't raise a new post from my phone: The warrior AA tree. Which section is the better choice, the additional hate gain on far left or the 100% parry second from left?
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Regolas

Loremaster

Also, while I agree that going offensive is better for aggro generation, the defensive stance seems to make me much more difficult to kill. It's a balancing game depending on the mob, the healer, your group setup and everything else. With the right support to provide additional hate gain but a healer who's struggling to keep you alive, I've found it better to go defensive with a shield. If the healer is finding it easy to keep you alive, then of course offensive stance is the way to go.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote