EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Can we please replace "Ward of Rage" and "Blood Rage".

Change Blood Rage into a buff that gives me Autoattack Modifier And Max Health.

Change Ward of Rage to give berserker Flurry Chance, 1% Per Point Spent, change it to Blades of Rage or something.

Berserkers are not a Healing Class we're a Damage Tank, less you wanna make these abilitys useful (heal me for something thats not a 298 ward and a 670 heal).

Change Juggernaut to lower the damage spells do to us by 50%/Physical Damage by 25%, then put a health cost drain much like Adrenaline Drains Mana.

Change Open Wounds to be a something else or uncap AOE autoattack.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
LygerT

Loremaster
LygerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: las vegas, NV
Posts: 2,144
Default

zerkers are a healing class, since a long time ago we were intended to proc heals when hit so that we could tank massive amounts of weak mobs. unfortunately there generally isn't content tailored to that style of play unless you count running noobs through runnyeye or the nonexistent avatars.

now shut up and accept your class.

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

zerkers are a healing class, since a long time ago we were intended to proc heals when hit so that we could tank massive amounts of weak mobs. unfortunately there generally isn't content tailored to that style of play unless you count running noobs through runnyeye or the nonexistent avatars.

now shut up and accept your class.

Eh, it should be 100% proc rate if its gonna be crap healing.

So should the ward.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Destraum

Loremaster
Destraum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42
Default

[email protected] wrote:

now shut up and accept your class.

LOL...now you know Lyger that the t*rd will never shut up.

Funniest thing I actually LOL'd about was just the actual title.  Since when is the basis of one class based upon what 1 person wants or doesn't?  Specially one that apparently has absolutely no clue on how to play the class to begin with.

__________________
Destraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

now shut up and accept your class.

LOL...now you know Lyger that the t*rd will never shut up.

Funniest thing I actually LOL'd about was just the actual title.  Since when is the basis of one class based upon what 1 person wants or doesn't?  Specially one that apparently has absolutely no clue on how to play the class to begin with.

My Melee hit is 100x more then yours, Multi-attack IS MY CLASS!!!

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Woah.. did my thread get copied?

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
LygerT

Loremaster
LygerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: las vegas, NV
Posts: 2,144
Default

it's been there since you made this one... it's called double posting, it's what newbs do and is not a conspiracy.

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

it's been there since you made this one... it's called double posting, it's what newbs do and is not a conspiracy.

Conspiracy!

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
dragontus66

Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Can we please replace "Ward of Rage" and "Blood Rage".

Change Blood Rage into a buff that gives me Autoattack Modifier And Max Health.

No thanks, for a raiding zerker (2%) is ok but for the rest (98%) this idea is crap (my mind)

Berserkers are not a Healing Class we're a Damage Tank, less you wanna make these abilitys useful (heal me for something thats not a 298 ward and a 670 heal).

Sorry, a "healing class" is  class who heal others too (or is a sk a healing class ? ) i like the "self" heals like a monk, bruiser or sk, if you dont like it, go and play a guardian

Well, but i want to see a change too (make it % based )

dragontus66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

dragontus66 wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Can we please replace "Ward of Rage" and "Blood Rage".

Change Blood Rage into a buff that gives me Autoattack Modifier And Max Health.

No thanks, for a raiding zerker (2%) is ok but for the rest (98%) this idea is crap (my mind)

Berserkers are not a Healing Class we're a Damage Tank, less you wanna make these abilitys useful (heal me for something thats not a 298 ward and a 670 heal).

Sorry, a "healing class" is  class who heal others too (or is a sk a healing class ? ) i like the "self" heals like a monk, bruiser or sk, if you dont like it, go and play a guardian

Well, but i want to see a change too (make it % based )

a Max Health buff is way better then a crappy non critting heal... now if the heal was percent based or criticalled that would be another story... but I want an autoattack buff someplace.. berserkers deserve it. SMILEY

But Berserkers are DPS Tanks, but we are number 4 on the DPS list for fighters...  partially because our stuff doesn't go up well high end (cap problems.) and we can't hit anything...  so Monk/bruiser/shadowknight are still above us on dps...

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
Costa
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Black Rose
Rank: Officer's Alts

Loremaster
Costa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 297
Default

Simple fix for the class and your heals and just remove them all and give the class small damage reduction whilst berserk. Probably never work correctly but the warriors are built around damage absorbtion yet the zerk has far few ways of doing that than the guardians and the whole healing is lost on this class.

The devs have moved in so many different directions with all fighter classes that the defining lines have long been lost but it should be Brawlers avoide hits, Warriors absorb them and Crusaders heal through them. My zerk can do far larger pulls when doing PL runs than my Pally due to the heal procs he has, where by the pally has to stop dpsing to cast a heal or ward and in doing so make slower pulls. They can both do the PLing but craziliy the Zerk will out heal and out dps my pally in the same situation on multiple green con mobs.

__________________
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Simple fix for the class and your heals and just remove them all and give the class small damage reduction whilst berserk. Probably never work correctly but the warriors are built around damage absorbtion yet the zerk has far few ways of doing that than the guardians and the whole healing is lost on this class.

The devs have moved in so many different directions with all fighter classes that the defining lines have long been lost but it should be Brawlers avoide hits, Warriors absorb them and Crusaders heal through them. My zerk can do far larger pulls when doing PL runs than my Pally due to the heal procs he has, where by the pally has to stop dpsing to cast a heal or ward and in doing so make slower pulls. They can both do the PLing but craziliy the Zerk will out heal and out dps my pally in the same situation on multiple green con mobs.

Change Blood Rage into an Autoattack Modifier/Max Health Buff, we're a DPS Tank Class, Blood Rage = I do more damage/have a higher hitpoints, thats what it sounds like to me.

Change Ward of Rage into Critical Bonus or 1% damage Reduction Per Point Spent.

Change Juggernaut into a Damage Reduction or HIGH Offensive Buff.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.