EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
Runewind

Fansite Staff

I've been in several groups in the past couple days where why I was in them I could not go into stealth with longblade. Everytime I did it I was imediately taken out of stealth. I had no time to press any stealth attacks it was like the stealth component didn't even work. I had no problem soloing just in groups. The same thing happened with my assassin. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
FiveFootStep

Loremaster

happens to me all the time.
FiveFootStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
Runewind

Fansite Staff

It didn't start happening to me until very very recently. Like last couple of days. I was wondering if perhaps they broke something in the recent live update regarding some buffs that are placed on us. Maybe certain proc buffs are breaking invis when we do longblade or something. I've never had this problem before so is anyone just recently having it?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
gfx

General

Yep it's annoying as hell .. And it's not cause of any AoE's or anything...
Old 05-29-2007, 03:38 AM   #5
FuRiouSQ

Loremaster

Its the attack hawk breaking it so dont use hawk dive till after you have your stealth attacks off. and if longblade gets resisted, blocked, parryed you wont go stealth either/

Warester - Deaths Door ~ Retired
FuRiouSQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
Lev

General

yea this happens all the time, nothing new about it. However it seems to occur at a higher rate against high lvl mobbs, f. ex raid mobs. I always figured it had something to do with the mob resisting or something like that, but your guess is as good as mine. Hawk dive is not the reason however, cause I never use it and it happens to me all the time
Lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #7
FuRiouSQ

Loremaster

hawk dive will break any stealth action that i have noticed. test it yourself and see, when the hawk makes a successfull attack your stealth will break.

Warester - Deaths Door ~ Retired
FuRiouSQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
Runewind

Fansite Staff

Yeah I know hawk dive will break it. So will any other pet. I didn't have any out.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
Malchore

Loremaster

SMILEY

I did not realize Hawk Dive did that.  Really any pet will pull it's owner out of stealth on a successful attack?

Learn something new everyday.

Malchore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
Malloch

Loremaster

Only pets that successfully attack will break your stealth. 

Diety, hoo'luu, plumtucket, gazer, aviak, mushroom will not break stealth.  I'm not sure if these pets can get coerced into attacking the mob due to being hit by an AE, but most AE's kill them.  Anyone know if these can be coerced into attacking?

Our fun pets :hawk, bear, tiger, CAN be coerced into attacking if they get hit by an AE, which I'm assuming could break our stealth IF they can hit the mob.   

Malloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #11
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

i use hawk dive all the time and my stealth works just fine ! i am not debating that it doesnt break stealth it does but ya can time it right after ya hear the hawk make its sound drop stealth and attack asap ! timing is important!
AdiX__Styxx__ is offline   Reply With Quote