EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #31
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Savas wrote:

Lets start with the cons!

• I got labled as a stalker by brasse on thursday, I didnt even know I was doing it. I avoided you like the plague after I found out.  I'm sorry, I was just trying to ask you a question!

We've determined at our department meeting today that you are not the stalker...  He was really creepy, really drunk and you don't look alike.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #32
SOE-Brasse

Community Relations

THANKEE from tha bottom o' me Dwarven heart fer alla yer feedback! /salutes

While our main Fan Faire review/post mortem is indeed tomorrow, we continue to collect ideas, feedback and constructive comments throughout the year as we look forward to 2012, so post as often as you can manage on these forums!  I miss you folks already.

ps. Savas, we did indeed have that discussion at our weekly Community Team meeting today when Ashlanne brought it up. You were most definitely NOT "that guy," hehehehe. That unforgettable stalker dated from a previous Fan Faire and looked and acted nothing like you. Sorry if you got the wrong impression! =P

;-)#

SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #33
Naya

The Quiet Type

I loved Fan Faire this year. I arrived on Wednesday and was happy that Bally's had my room ready at noon for me outstanding service from Bally's as always. I met up with my guildies on Thursday and we stuck together for all of the Everquest 2 panels.

I do have some suggestions on how to make Fan Faire better next year.1. Please include a group tournament for Everquest 2. We spent time and made sure we had a solid team built but once we got to Fan Faire we found out that it was a solo race event. This was disappointing to all of us. Also I would keep the solo races as they are fun!2. I also think it would be cool to possibly open the Game Room a little earlier in the morning to give us time to play our favorite games and shop before the panels start.3. I agree with another reviewer who said that having food and snacks available for purchase in the Game Room would be a good idea.4. I had a great time at the pool party. However I also felt that the pool was closed early but I can understand that the hotel employees want to go home for the night.5. I enjoyed the Station Store this year but I would like to see more items available for purchase. I love collecting Everquest and Everquest 2 themed items!6. I would suggest a system that makes it easier for us to find players from the server we play on.

Here are some of the things I loved this year.1. Location. I love having Fan Faire at Bally’s Las Vegas. Also the fact that Bally’s is central strip is also very nice as it makes it very easy to get to other hotels.2.  I thought that the room the Everquest 2 panels were in this year was a lot better of a choice. It was very easy to hear the developers and much easier to see the screen when sitting far back.3. Pool Party! As I said I had an excellent time!4. Getting to hang out with some of the developers after hours was fun! SoE is awesome and I enjoy getting to hang out with you guys.5. Dates. I love having Fan Faire in July. I would like to see it in July again next year but I understand that other industry events such as E3 play a big part in when you can schedule Fan Faire.

Overall I had an excellent time at Fan Faire this year and enjoyed it more than Fan Faire 2010. Looking forward to heading back to Fan Faire in 2012!

Naya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #34
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

By the way, just saw the recap post on the SOE site. SMILEY I didn't even realize that someone had gotten a Heroes shot towards the bottom. (That's me and my guild in the photo just under the "Other Coverage" section. SMILEY )
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #35
Sav

SOE-Brasse wrote:

ps. Savas, we did indeed have that discussion at our weekly Community Team meeting today when Ashlanne brought it up. You were most definitely NOT "that guy," hehehehe. That unforgettable stalker dated from a previous Fan Faire and looked and acted nothing like you. Sorry if you got the wrong impression! =P

SMILEY#

You two are playing with my emotions now, I had finally come to a place of acceptance with this title, and now I find out it wasn't me...

It almost makes me want to crank it up another notch next year to earn it, but instead I'll accept both of your appologys in the form of a drink next year, and a song dedication during karoke.

...But I wonder if this real stalker ties to the question about the beard, I asked ash during the pool party.  It would all make sense.

Sav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #36
Whipsnade

The Quiet Type

The one thing I would suggest is a better sound system at the banquet.

It was loud enough but barely understandable.  You would think that Sony could put a good sound system in the hall.

Whipsnade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #37
glormin

The Quiet Type

My husband and I joined Fan faire from Friday morning.

We were disappointed that we never seen Smedley speak up at all entire FF.

We even thought he wasn't in FF.

(heard he spoke on Thursday night only)

At least he could say something at last night banquet for closing... -_-

Wasn't feeling welcomed..

glormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #38
glormin

The Quiet Type

Again and again, I will suggest about badge. At least change the color of ribbons depend on which game you play.

Frustratin of finding people who plays same game nor asking which game you play.

Hope it changed next year!

glormin is offline   Reply With Quote